Indyref 2 (2) - Page 267 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

On 4/30/2024 at 9:26 AM, Och Aye said:

Whits happened to Aaid att this rather crucial time in Scottish politics?

I regret to inform you that aaid had a serious stroke just before Christmas 2023 and is paralysed down the right hand side of his body. He is still in hospital and is looking to move to a nursing home to continue his recuperation. 

Whatever our feelings are regarding his views and opinions, I think we can all unite in wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

I regret to inform you that aaid had a serious stroke just before Christmas 2023 and is paralysed down the right hand side of his body. He is still in hospital and is looking to move to a nursing home to continue his recuperation. 

Whatever our feelings are regarding his views and opinions, I think we can all unite in wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear that

Have known Craig since i met him in Athens December 1994

Pass on my best wishes

47 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

I am genuinely shocked and saddened to hear this . It’s easy to forget that real people are behind social media profiles .He is a respectful and knowledgeable poster. I  miss him on here. 

Please send my warmest wishes for a very speedy recovery,  as I am certain everyone will ❤️ 

2 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

That's so sad to hear, thank you for letting us know.

Best wishes aaid. 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am genuinely shocked and saddened to hear this . It’s easy to forget that real people are behind social media profiles .He is a respectful and knowledgeable poster. I  miss him on here. 

Please send my warmest wishes for a very speedy recovery,  as I am certain everyone will ❤️ 

Very much so. Poor guy.  😞

9 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I was chapping doors yesterday.Met a woman from Shetland. Her basic argument was some people wanted independence for Shetland but Shetland was too small. Therefore Scotland was also too small to be independent.I did point out that Scotland was a similar size to lots of successful small countries like Ireland, Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Latvia etc but she didn't seem to get the point. I still hold to my belief that Scots are just as intelligent as anyone else but we do have some thickos as well.

I'd have more respect for people like that woman if they just said: "aye, you might be right, but I just like the UK and I'd prefer it if we remained part of it rather than becoming independent", or words to that effect. At least it would be an honest answer rather than trying to justify it with stupid reasons like we're too wee, which is just nonsense.

I have no doubt we're big and rich enough to be a viable independent country but clever enough - I sometimes wonder!

On 6/10/2024 at 4:56 PM, Alibi said:

Not clear if they will still have indy in the first line of the manifesto.  If they don't, what's the point of them?  They have no real power to do anything.

"Page 1, line one, of our manifesto will say:

Vote SNP for Scotland to be an independent country. "

7 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

Without any question. That's a cruel thing to happen to anyone.

Please pass on my own good wishes to aaid.

Sorry to hear that. Hope he can make a good recovery. All the best from the TAMB trenches!

Thank you for letting us know I had wondered if he was perhaps been taking a break.

I hope he continues to recover.

17 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

I hope he gets better

17 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

That's dreadful, best wishes to him.

3 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

that's sad news.  wish Aaid all the best!

21 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

That's horrible. Hope he pulls through.

22 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

We have differences of opinions, politics, football, but I think we can all be united in wishing aaid all the best.

On 6/11/2024 at 3:36 PM, joecraigfanclub said:

That's not good to hear

Keep us updated with his progress, please

Best wishes from Norfolk

On 6/11/2024 at 5:08 AM, Clyde1998 said:

I've been wondering why the SNP haven't even been pushing for more powers within the UK, if they believe independence isn't on the table at the moment.

The Full Fiscal Autonomy line worked very well in 2015 to keep independence supporters behind the party, whilst in 2019 they argued for a separate Brexit agreement for while Scotland's in the UK.

The elections the SNP haven't argued meaningfully for any sort of separation from Westminster and been on a more 'the others are worse' line (2016, 2017, 2021) have all been somewhat disappointing (especially 2017). At least in Holyrood elections, there's not a question of SNP relevancy as they're one of the parties who could form the Scottish Government (at least viably within the next decade).

By avoiding independence or greater devolution, they're negating their own relevancy in Westminster elections.

Somebody must be reading the TAMB.

https://www.itv.com/news/2024-06-12/john-swinney-snp-is-open-to-negotiate-for-more-power-for-scotland

8 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Clearly I have influence over SNP policy without realising it. 😄

Just give me your suggestion and I'll try to get it in the manifesto. Better be quick though. 😉

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Point of clarification here. The indyref thread got deleted not because I called aaid a bad word. That was one post that was easily and  quickly deleted by the mods. (That was the whole point of it, to force the mods to act.)

The thread then got deleted (some time later) because the mods IMHO could not be arsed going back through the thread and taking out the various defamatory comments made by aaid. So they just rubbered the whole thread. 

It is a real shame as that was a 'historic' thread in many ways. It spanned some very important events. There are a good few on here very happy it is not here anymore I am sure of that.

I would happily see it restored despite the defamatory comments for that reason. If the mods can do that I think they should.

Edited by thplinth

45 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Point of clarification here. The indyref thread got deleted not because I called aaid a bad word. That was one post that was easily and  quickly deleted by the mods. (That was the whole point of it, to force the mods to act.)

The thread then got deleted (some time later) because the mods IMHO could not be arsed going back through the thread and taking out the various defamatory comments made by aaid. So they just rubbered the whole thread. 

It is a real shame as that was a 'historic' thread in many ways. It spanned some very important events. There are a good few on here very happy it is not here anymore I am sure of that.

I would happily see it restored despite the defamatory comments for that reason. If the mods can do that I think they should.

Did he keep on calling you chripper? 

That can be quite annoying. Going by personal experience.

Posted (edited)

Should you not be having an imaginary conversation with one of your sock puppet IDs on here, telling yourself how 'you are the only person talking sense on here'... seriously some of the saddest shit I have ever witnessed on here.

You have the same haughty arrogant manner as do all your condescending incarnations.

You are a mental case. Wrecked this place near enough during the Euros.

Edited by thplinth

On 6/11/2024 at 3:36 PM, joecraigfanclub said:

Just read this. Very sad to hear,this. Pass on my best wishes to him and hope he can recover as much as is possible.