Indyref 2 (2) - Page 103 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joanna Cherry is not in any way divisive. Because she knows what a woman is. 

She's intelligent. She's appealing to every single man woman and child in Scotland because Scotland believes in biology. 

Nicola Sturgeon and Angus Robertson and the wokeratti are finished. They are out and they are going to lose control of the SNP. 

Angus Robertson is a laughing stock, he wrote a book about Vienna then used funds from his own department to promote it. I call that corruption. 

Murrell won't be the chief. He's dissapeared with the missing 600K. Didn't even have time to cuddle his loving wife on the way out the door. 

Steven Flynn wants to kick Independence down the road. 

The SNP has no routes to Independence by asking for permission. Its over. Over for section 30.

The SNP will he in the hands of the Alba Party in due course.

Bye bye Nicola. 

The membership will vote for Joanna Cherry. 

The Liberal woke SNP that is in bed with the greens is finished. 

The nationalist membership will remove Nicola Sturgeon's allies from the race. 

The police will remove Peter Murrell. 

Craig Murray's access to Stuart McDonalds emails, will help regain control of the SNP and ensure that Independence will be put front and centre of the agenda. 

Steven Flynn and the rest can follow Nicola out the door they want to hold us hostage. We won't allow it. We've suffered long enough under Sturgeon.

Time for pay back. The membership couldn't give a fuck about GRR. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

ALTHOUGH she is not saying so, I suspect Nicola Sturgeon’s surprise resignation is in some part due to the flak she has been obliged to suffer over the Gender Recognition Reform Bill in recent weeks. This straw has finally broken our First Minister, in spite of the fact that the bill had support from every political party.

Here is a question for all the women who have been so vocal in condemning this well-intentioned piece of legislation as an attack on the rights of women, and vehemently criticising Sturgeon for it.

Now that you have all played your part in finally hounding her from office (good work, ladies!), which one of you is volunteering to take her place and stand up to all the daily abuse that seems to go with the job? It’s not a victory for women’s rights – if you ask me it’s a catastrophic own goal.

And to all the men who regularly write in The National, both as correspondents and as columnists (the ones who have been bumping their patronising gums for years, in the apparent belief that if only they had been in charge, if only Sturgeon would listen to them, Scotland would have been independent yesterday), you must all be delighted. With Nicola out of the way the men can take control again and we’ll be independent by next week. Won’t we?

Well I doubt it. Here is my prediction. The reforms attempted in the GRR Bill which have sparked the current stushie will in the very near future become official UK Labour policy (this is already on the cards in Wales).

Following this, BBC Scotland will work to convince the bewildered Scottish public that the spread of fear and alarm that they did everything to encourage and nothing to counter was in fact grossly exaggerated, and that gender recognition reform is largely a good and progressive thing for which the Scottish Labour Party will take credit (with some justification – they supported it after all!) and their electoral fortunes in Scotland will revive.

At this point some vague, empty, doomed-to-fail promises of enhanced devolution willmake the running in Scotland and the good citizens of England will do their customary trick of letting Labour back into Westminster for a while to clean up the Tories’ mess.

Then the prospect of independence really will disappear into the long grass until a leader emerges in Scotland with the stamina, strength, patience and popularity of Nicola Sturgeon. I hope I’m wrong but we could be waiting a long time for that. Perhaps I’ll just have to wait for all the useful idiots of my generation to die off. Today’s youngsters seem to have a lot more courage and vision than their parents. Trouble is I might be dead too.

Maggie Milne
Dundee

I am assuming that is the same Maggie Milne that called Douglas Ross an "Odious wee shyte" ?  😂

The only person that's going to stop Independence in its tracks is Murrell. 

He smooches up to the establishment. I'd even say he's in bed with them. We only see him at the Royal family events.

Then he slithers off with our money he trousered for the pretenderendum. 

No no. 

He's not going to get away with it. Put it that way. 

He's going. 

The Yes movement is going to sieze control of the SNP once again. And the SNP are going to be put to work by the Alba Party controlling things from behind the scenes. 

Chaos at SNP HQ. They can't trust anyone. The leaks are coming. They are no longer in power. They are nothing. Now that Nicola is gone. They have been discarded with her. 

Sinister goings on at SNQ HQ are going to be revealed. 

Can not wait for it. Can not wait. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

2 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Can’t someone get rid of this boring cvnt? 

Agreed

He should be watching Bridge of Lies on BBC1 and having a meltdown rather than spamming us

Wings:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-great-beyond/#comments

"Angus Robertson is the bookies’ favourite by a distance, but we’re not at all convinced. We’ve been conducting various investigations in recent weeks relating to the missing fundraiser money, and while we make no accusations at this point, let’s just say that if the whereabouts of the cash is the key factor in Sturgeon’s sudden exit – and we’re certain that it is – then Robertson declaring himself a candidate might be, how should we put this, an act of extreme irresponsibility towards the party."

I don't think there's anything boring about potential embezzlement allegations or corruption.  I don't think there is. Neither does wings over Scotland. 

Robertson won't be the next leader of the SNP. 

Murrell won't he party chief of the SNP.

Stuegeon has jumped ship to send the SNP into chaos. She's effectively cancelled the Independence conference on the way out. 

She's gone. The nationalist voter base of the SNP won't vote for devolutionist delay any longer. So Robertson won't be getting the job. 

If he cares that much about Independence, he wouldn't have written a book on Vienna then and wouldn't fund its promotion with £30,000 of tax payers cash from his own Government department to promote it. Would he?

I bet he bought every copy. Nice wee earner. 

We'll soon find out where the missing 600K has ended up won't we? 

If he likes Vienna that much. Maybe he should just move there. We live in Scotland. We want Independence. We don't give a damn about your book. 

Ban me all you like. Couldn't care less. 

Sturgeon is gone. History will now take its course. The murrels are finished. So is gender ideology and all the wokeatti. Rejected by Scotland.

The game is up. It won't be Robertson or any Nicola loyalists. 

Big Eck is back. He never went away. The only honest politician in Scotland. He'll lead us to Independence and restore the Irish Independence Party 2.0 to its core principle. 

Alex Salmond. The dream shall never die. 

Screenshot_20230216_180215_com.brave.browser.jpg

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

Surprise, surprise Joanna Cherry makes a bit of a song and dance and then announces she won’t stand blaming it on her being blocked from standing as an MSP two years ago - funny how she was blocked but Neil Gray seemingly wasn’t. 

6 hours ago, Freeedom said:

To be quite frank it is not my generation that needs to be convinced about the merits of independence, it's yours.

The media will largely always will be opposed to independence, they were opposed between 2011 and 2014 and we moved from 30% to 45% support. We increased support despite the medias constant bombardment of criticism because we for the most part ran a good campaign. The problem is that we haven't done any positive campaigning on independence for the last 9 years and that is largely down to the inaction of the SNP under Sturgeons leadership.

I do feel some sympathy for her in the way she has been treated by certain segments of society and the media but regardless of that, she has failed to move us any further forward. I hope that whoever it is that is elected is able to run the positive case for independence and make it a priority because we can only do so much with our hands tied behind our back.

I didn’t think I accused your generation of needing convinced. Not sure why you felt the need to highlight this unless we are all only responsible for convincing people our own age. 

Support moved from 30-45 % due to a good campaign and assisted by a lot of low hanging fruit. The Better Together was also totally caught off guard due to their sheer arrogance that it would never happen.  
They have upped their game since , plus the people who need won over between 2014 and now , are far more rigid in their views and harder to shift. The fact people like yourself feel NS has not done enough to push independence while others think she never shuts up about it only shows that the  whole situation is completely subjective. 
Given what has happened in the UK over the past few years you would have thought independence would be a shoo in. Whilst there may be an argument that NS did not do enough to capitalise on this there is also responsibility on behalf of the electorate to open their bloody eyes and get some backbone. You do not need to have been active on social media or have a subscription to Private Eye to witness the shambles in Westminster. 

I do agree though that there has been no positive campaign which was badly needed to shift opinion. Who knows, NS came with such a high expectation and has clearly disappointed a lot of people. Perhaps with so many underwhelming feelings surrounding her successor this time they will be underestimated and result in a case of ‘under promise/ over deliver’ . 
But it will be dependent on who gets this. Some of the names mentioned would most definitely result in ‘under promise / fucking disaster’ .
With the greatest respect to the people concerned. 

16 hours ago, brant grebner said:

So from godawful social media and here the gist of the big Yes problem is

"the SNP need to apologise to ALBA for betraying Scotland and destroying the declaration of Arbroath"
and
"the SNP need to elect Alex Salmond for getting him the gaol or else"
and
"All the SNP want to do is rape kids and sex change them"  is the standard viewpoint of an Albist

while
"ALBA and Wings took out Sturgeon and they hate all Scotland"
and
"We could elect a leader that would unite much of the disparate Yes movement, but fuck that. That's what ALBA want" 
and
"ALBA are responsible for the death of a transwoman in Liverpool and probably Emmett Till too" is the SNP borg view

The entire Yes movement on all sides has degenerated in to a bunch of cretinous spoiled brats since Brexit.

It's naebdy' fault. It's been caused by social media.

Social media has created massive mental illness and drives it even more.

Personally, I got banned off Twitter for posting something ghastly about Donald Trump years ago and it was the best thing

I got my account back under Musk and went through it.

It was truly offensive and a lot of the things I'd said I no longer agree with or really find amusing.

I deleted it and have no desire to use it or any other social media

It is genuinely toxic.

Look at how people refer to each other on this thread - awbdy is a "cunt" n it's no the Scottish way of unsing "cunt"

Online antagonism has been exacerbated by it, and people rarely approach any subject in a manner beyond flippant.

Now, awbdy wants independence.

There's about 6 cunts in Alba.
Three of them have no got any teeth in their gubs.
There's a baldy wan n a releasy Megrahi wan.

That's about it.

Oh aye, there's the touchy feely fella n his wee Jasmina bit on the side thit used tae be a Tory or a Lib Dem but now self identifies as an Albist

They didnae "take out Sturgeon".

Nae cunt listens to them.

The Evening Standard is a London paper that ran a poll 3 days ago showing 42 per cent wanted her to stand down

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-scotland-westminster-prime-minister-first-minister-b1059691.html

It's part of a concerted UK attack - the Tory "war on woke"

"Woke" [for want of any better expression] was a trap and the SNP fell in it because nae cunt did any safe guarding on the 100K "Yes" supporters that signed up when David Cameron was gleefully announcing English Votes for English Laws.

It's a lazy short hand way to explain the well-intentioned but utterly asinine secular American social media religion/atheist belief system that has replaced institutional religion in the West.

People don't believe in God and they like to put their real names on social media and we all love to be part of a tribe so to identify as a good person you stick wee emojis next to your name to show the causes you support in a vacuous way, and you put your pronouns so someone doesn't offend you in a conversation you're not part of by accidentally calling you "she" without checking when your name is Barbara and your profile picture is you giving birth.

Politicians love it because you can espouse it on social media and then get an immediate dopamine boost when all your wee followers like it and retweet it in their wee bubbles n it blows up n ye get aw excited in a way that a soundbite never could, and politicians are all narcissists with a fucked up root chakra that makes their pervert switch never go off so they're aye having a tug on a bus when you're liking their latest dogshit twitter haiku.

Alan Bissett made a prediction years ago about how a No Vote would go.

He got it wrong because he didn't factor in "Woke"

"Woke" was the SNP mitigation strategy to dealing with Tory austerity when they ran out of old Labour policies to nick, they went to Finland for the Baby Box then Trump hit.

We all fell for it - Trump the evil man who would start every war. Didnae happen, but Trump Derangement Syndrome had already kicked in in America and the SNP headed there at the worst possible time to cherry pick policy ideas.

It started to become obvious during the Brexit campaigns that The SNP were using US Democrat slogans and gradually the SNP became more and more vacuous.

The final straw for me came when Sturgeon accepted "now is not the time", after that it was arguing in real life with other Yes supporters, but continued to vote SNP albeit grudingly.

Wouldn't touch the Greens because they've been open about the fact that they're 50/50 on independence and if you offered them localism they'd take that over independence.

Alba are going nowhere but I may vote for them on the list depending on who the next SNP leader is.

For all the had wringing and finger pointing and Yes infighting [which really serves no fucking purpose other than allowing the British Empire to keep up as their nuclear arms dump while they ratchet up the WW3 rhetoric and likelihood], remember this - Sturgeon was given the golden opportunity of Yes at consistently above 50 per cent, 125K membership and had to fight a Tory party eating itself and forcing upon us Brexit, Austerity, Covid and the entire PMships of Boris Johnson, Theresa May and Liz Truss.

She never went to a single AUOB march and she tweeted more about Emma Raducanu than independence in 2021

As for the notion that she was playing it carefully but slowly or "time is on her side", Scotland's National Strategy for Economic Transformation - Delivery Plans October 2022 for 2030

https://archive.is/bhJb6

"Almost half of inward migration to Scotland comes from the rest of the UK (rUK) and the NSET highlights that a 25% increase in people relocating from the rest of the UK to Scotland would double net migration and add 100,000 people to Scotland's labour pool over the course of this strategy."

SNP strategy is add that to the already 50K plus PA white settlers currently buying up all the houses in Scotland

Time wisnae on her side. When Theresa May said "now is not the time" it was the time

But, we do still have time as long as the new SNP leader is not the candidate that the UK media push.

Pick the wrong one and Scotland really is gone.

Remember who the enemy is FFS

+1

I was pleased at Nicola Sturgeon’s announcement. I reckon it’s best for her and the independence cause. 
It seems obvious that her and her husband have in some way been compromised by the UK powers. This has only damaged the progress away from Westminster control. 
 Not sure why next month’s discussions are not the best time and situation to plan Scotland’s next progression towards self rule and those* to lead it.

*this isn’t, never has been or will be a cult of personality. Let’s leave that to the desperate Britnat folk. Let them conga around George Square. 

then just watch the blank stares as they realise the classic

“it’s a trap, there’s two of them”

I dare say it nowadays. I am quite happy for Scotland that it voted 11 to 9 against leaving London rule. We’d have chunts chucking petrol bombs in Glasgow, not doing the conga.
then

Almost my last post. 

I suspect a divorce is on the cards. 

Nicola was saying this week she wants a publisher to write her biography. 

I suspect it will be a bit of a hard read. Not very interesting. Especially if she can't remember her hubby loaning the SNP £107,000. She can't recall much. 

One can only speculate as to why? Particularly when 600K is missing, vanished without a trace! And no pretenderendum as promised. In sight. 

Interesting timing isn't it, now that Nicola has resigned the fraud squad have cautioned Murrell? 

FpGL_IracAQ4Vpw.png

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

51 minutes ago, aaid said:

Surprise, surprise Joanna Cherry makes a bit of a song and dance and then announces she won’t stand blaming it on her being blocked from standing as an MSP two years ago - funny how she was blocked but Neil Gray seemingly wasn’t. 

Angus Robertson has her seat.

It would be convenient if a bye election was triggered for his seat wouldn't it? 

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

time for a holyrood election then.  Cant be having the leader of the country decided by the snp and not the public.

I am highly offended you dont trust me to choose the correct candidate Malcolm. 
As far as I am concerned its a case of, ‘ if you cant beat them, do as they do’ .