Indyref 2 (2) - Page 96 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

Part of the problem here is that some people believe that the SNP exist purely to gain independence and that should be the focus of everything they do. Im not saying that position is wrong however it doesnt sit with a party who also wins elections and has to govern.

Being in government, especially for a long period of time means that mistakes will be made, difficult or unpopular decisions will need to be made.

Take the GRR as the perfect example. It would have been far far safer to stay away from the subject. It affects a very small percentage of voters and its an issue thats clearly divisive and open for the media to misinform. 

However part of governments job is to govern for all its subjects. Sturgeon clearly thinks that the current situation is unfair (which when you consider the position in most other progressive countrys, it clearly is). She has made attempts to bring us in line with these countrys and it has blown up.

As an independence supporter id much rather an SNP government tried to govern for the future rather than play it safe, makes deals with newspapers and the elite etc just to try and buy independence with their acceptance. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

The term “quisling”….   😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣😁😁😆😆

what century am I living in….. hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who called you that Malcolm? Maybe they were just Jossing with you? Or, maybe not? 😉

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Like Brianna Ghey ?

petwrhead.jpg

I do not want to rake over old ground here but can someone please explain to me what the actual situation would be regarding surgery and medicines if the new rules had been implemented ? 
What is the situation with surgery in particular ? There was a nurse at the last SNP meeting I was at who was really concerned that surgery could be undertaken on young people with no proper prior consultation with medical professionals. 
My understanding was that this bill was nothing to do with this and simply to speed up the certificate. Who is right? There seems so much misunderstanding around this. She was a well qualified nurse so would expect her to be right. 

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I do not want to rake over old ground here but can someone please explain to me what the actual situation would be regarding surgery and medicines if the new rules had been implemented ? 
What is the situation with surgery in particular ? There was a nurse at the last SNP meeting I was at who was really concerned that surgery could be undertaken on young people with no proper prior consultation with medical professionals. 
My understanding was that this bill was nothing to do with this and simply to speed up the certificate. Who is right? There seems so much misunderstanding around this. She was a well qualified nurse so would expect her to be right. 

You are the one that’s right.  

People may have concerns around things like parents pushing children into transition but that’s nothing to do with the GRR bill.   In fact, the truth is probably that there are a small number of cases like this but it gets highlighted as being a massive major issue. 

Gender ideology 101. Scotland. 

Alex Salmond says women are adult human females. Nicola doesn't have enough information. 

The Scottish Government has been captured by wokies

Scotland is socially Conservative they've tried to push their ideology onto us against our will. 

So what does it mean? 

Shirley Anne Somerville is indoctrinating our kids. She wants to chemically castrate them with lupen to block their puberty so that they have a micropenis before the surgeon inverts it to make a wound at the Sabdyford clinic in Glasgow. Then the poor male has to stick dilators in there for the rest of his life to stop it from closing. It will never be a vagina it will become infected most often. 

He then takes the wrong sex hormones after having taken the puberty blockers having brittle bones and osteoporosis. No sex drive. Fake tit implants, hair feminisation having your forehead sliced and moved forward. The NHS will pay the costs I.e. Tax payer. 

For women it's double masectomies which Phillipa Whitford can perform moonlighting on locum. Carving up healthy adults because they wanted to play football.

Hysterectomys to take out the problematic female reproduction system and early dementia. Permenant daamage to your vocal chords with synthetic testoterune. Urinary problems. Mutilated arm tissue used to create a fake penis that most gay guys and men will find repulsive.  

All of them will be autistic/traumatic pasts and look like Mhairi Black. Collateral Damage says Tavistock and Sandyford. Gender ideology must be the new way of life. 

Will require permenant hormones that keep the body in a diseased state. 

After all that butchery Kieth Brown can sent the male sex offenders into the female estate to traumatise real women.

Nicola's will cheer the galleries of violent males.

We did it for Beth and Isla Bryson. Under his eye.  

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Depost return scheme paid back in vouchers.  Clowns 

Sounds similar to how it works in the Netherlands and Germany, I believe.  People go to the supermarket, deposit their bottles and cans, and get a voucher that can be used towards their paying for their shopping.

I'm about the laziest cunt I know but even I can manage to store up my recycling and every week take it with me when I go my messages. The only practical difference I can see is instead of sticking it in the recycling it goes in a wee machine which will provides a receipt that you can use when you're paying for your shopping. I really don't see what the big deal is here.

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

Sounds similar to how it works in the Netherlands and Germany, I believe.  People go to the supermarket, deposit their bottles and cans, and get a voucher that can be used towards their paying for their shopping.

I'm about the laziest cunt I know but even I can manage to store up my recycling and every week take it with me when I go my messages. The only practical difference I can see is instead of sticking it in the recycling it goes in a wee machine which will provides a receipt that you can use when you're paying for your shopping. I really don't see what the big deal is here.

its a ball ache.  And will require a vehicle and number of large bags to do.  If you order from england presumably it will not have this tax

19 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

its a ball ache.  And will require a vehicle and number of large bags to do.  If you order from england presumably it will not have this tax

The old ‘ we will go to England’ . Wonder how many folk are getting their cheap alcohol from the England , you know, the minimum price furore that was another load of unionist scaremongering nonsense. 
You really should go live in England Malcolm. Though it may be a bit of a wasted effort when they bring in the same scheme in a year two. 

I do agree however that the transportation will be a pain for people. There are always loads of people waiting for taxis/buses  at Morrisons in Johnstone, not everyone has cars. What benefit is the scheme to those people who currently  recycle in the bins but dont have their own transport ? They will be charged more for the item but have to find a way of getting it to the supermarket else they have to absorb the extra cost? What about old folk? Are we expecting them to humpf bags of recycling ? 

14 hours ago, aaid said:

You are the one that’s right.  

People may have concerns around things like parents pushing children into transition but that’s nothing to do with the GRR bill.   In fact, the truth is probably that there are a small number of cases like this but it gets highlighted as being a massive major issue. 

This is another thing I am hearing. Concern about parents  pushing their kids into transition. Personally I would have thought the exact opposite . 

21 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Like Brianna Ghey ?

petwrhead.jpg

Ah the peterhead SNP. Lost most of their local member due to being over run by the that Aberdeen independence lunatics. Speak about a branch that doesnt represent their community and that branch is up there, Fraserburgh one is a lot better while the banff one has also been over run to and extent  

2 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Sturgeon resigning. 

Guess everyone that’s been hounding for this will soon see how it impacts independence. Only going to go backwards now. No chance of anything for at least a decade. 

Yip. Not a chance. No one even close to filling her shoes. Unionists dream. 

Edited by TDYER63

6 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Sturgeon resigning. 

Guess everyone that’s been hounding for this will soon see how it impacts independence. Only going to go backwards now. No chance of anything for at least a decade. 

She knows she's zero chance of getting independence.  Literally gained next to no support since 2014 even after leaving the EU.

Had ran her race and decision making of late had shown that.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

She knows she's zero chance of getting independence.  Literally gained next to no support since 2014 even after leaving the EU.

Had ran her race and decision making of late had shown that.

Bang goes any chance of statues and roads being renamed after her. Unionists and Wings will be pleased. I'd much rather it had been the leadership of the Scottish Greens that had gone.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

100% but giving them as much influence as they have has been her undoing IMO.

Never saw the press conference. Whsy was her reason(s)?

Not until 11am. 

BBC making a good effort to try and attribute it to ‘transgender for teenagers’. Paraphrase. 

2 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Not until 11am. 

BBC making a good effort to try and attribute it to ‘transgender for teenagers’. Paraphrase. 

I've not been quiet on the fact I think she's ran her race. I thought that was evident in last 12-18 months in some of her decision making and no real drive to push Indy. Certainly not as much as many would have liked.

She was a great leader, she'll be hard to replace in terms of personality,/strength of character fir sure.

Party is/was starting to show signs of split on various issues so I think it's time for fresh, younger ideas.