Indyref 2 (2) - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Because it needs to be spoken about because it will cost us our independence 

But you never talk about it beyond “I don’t like it”.  You never explain why you don’t like it or why you think it damages independence.  

1 minute ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I don’t like it because it will cost us Scottish independence, that simple

Why should it have any impact on the independence vote?  It has nothing whatsoever to do with independence. 

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I really don’t want to Go down this path again but to me, the biggest threat to Scottish independence is the GRA bill. Some seem to think it’s not a problem, we’ll I can tell you 100% it is and is getting worse as the general public awaken to it 

Please don't ruin this thread with Willie or no Willie chat.

This is about independence, whether someone has a Willie that doesn't want it or if someone hasnae a Willie and wants one has sfa to do with Indy.

Please Start a Willie or no Willie thread if you wish to debate it.

Can we stick to the issues here.

Please.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm surprised it hasn't been weaponised more tbh. On the other hand the SNP/Parliament could past the legislation anyhow irrespective of Indy Ref. The issues are, from one perspective, separate but overlap simply because of the parties who are pushing it. I do wonder what Labour will say about it in England but it just doesn't seem so much of an issue down south in terms of politics.

This , whilst mainly a pop at the SNP, touches a little bit on Labour’s position , though doesn’t go into the situation in England in any big way . Possibly because they have bigger fish to fry down there. 

https://archive.ph/A9pTV

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

This , whilst mainly a pop at the SNP, touches a little bit on Labour’s position , though doesn’t go into the situation in England in any big way . Possibly because they have bigger fish to fry down there. 

https://archive.ph/A9pTV

Theresa May was going ahead with essentially the same reform, Boris Johnson kicked it into the long grass.

In Scotland, the Tories are the only party who are against and they are even giving a free vote. 

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63639814

I'm not a conspiracy theorist thinking SNP are deliberately undermining support for Indy but some of this is so cack handed you can understand why some people think that way.

This is a complete joke.  The woman impacted actually tried to claim that Nicola Sturgeon was responsible.

11 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm generally of the opinion that in life more things are cock ups than conspiracies but it's not a good look.

It is more than like a cock up.  That said, I watched a little bit of the coverage - after the twitter stooshie - and there was a  woman sitting behind Shona Robison so in clear shot when she was speaking wearing a purple and green scarf - different design - so I wonder if there's more to this than has met the eye.

Regardless, its got nothing to do with the Scottish Government or the SNP as it's a Scottish Parliament cock-up.

This is what the fuss is all abnut.  Who wears a scarf indoors anyway.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 190339.jpg

Edited by aaid

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

wow are you that niave to think it will not is not being weaponized as a tool for the unionists? are you really that naive? 

I'm not that naïve - and who is falling for it hook, line and sinker? 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

I'm not that naïve - and who is falling for it hook, line and sinker? 

i honestly couldnt care about it, i really couldnt give a shit,, i care that its going to cost us independence and it will, its going to cause lasting damage to indy and our devolved parliament. I will hold my hands up if we achieve indy and say i was wrong, i dont think you will when the shit hits the fan and it costs us independence, the public are only starting to engage in this and once the unionists decide to leverage the issue then we will be in serious trouble. Its so obvious anyone with half a brain can see it

27 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

When does the supreme court make their decision on scottish independence ?

I don't think there was a specific date put on it, but they said it would "likely to be some months before we give our judgment". I'd expect a verdict early next year.

So we didn't even get to the end of the first page of the new indyref thread and already off topic onto GRA stuff. 🙄

Why don't people who want to argue about GRA post it on the "trans stuff" thread, or create a dedicated GRA thread?

33 minutes ago, exile said:

So we didn't even get to the end of the first page of the new indyref thread and already off topic onto GRA stuff. 🙄

Why don't people who want to argue about GRA post it on the "trans stuff" thread, or create a dedicated GRA thread?

because it may well end up being the difference in us gaining independence 

37 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

because it may well end up being the difference in us gaining independence 

As I said previously, why does having a Willie or not, or wanting a Willie or not make any difference to how you will vote in the referendum.

1 minute ago, stocky said:

As I said previously, why does having a Willie or not, or wanting a Willie or not make any difference to how you will vote in the referendum.

it wont make me vote differently, however i can 100% assure you it will make the difference to many.. thats all i am adding to this as it appears folk have there heads firmly in the sand.. depressing 

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

it wont make me vote differently, however i can 100% assure you it will make the difference to many.. thats all i am adding to this as it appears folk have there heads firmly in the sand.. depressing 

So in terms of party support, the SNP, Greens, Labour and Lib Dems are all in favour.  Only the Tories are against.  The votes In Holyrood are there.

Even though they don’t have any elected representatives, Alba are also pretty much against GRA reform, the last time I checked they were a Nationalist party.  Do you think that Alex Salmond, Kenny McAskill, Denise Findlay, etc., are all going to vote No?

Where are all these people who would be put off independence and why are we not seeing any evidence that they exist.

In a week when the SG expands a new benefit, the Scottish Child Payment, which could lift children in this country out of poverty, Newsnight has decided to do an item on...the GRA. 

It will set the young people of Scotland on a "different path from England", apparently. Aye, until Labour win the next GE and implement the same bloody thing down south. 🙄

I'm sick to death of hearing about it!

10 hours ago, stocky said:

Please don't ruin this thread with Willie or no Willie chat.

This is about independence, whether someone has a Willie that doesn't want it or if someone hasnae a Willie and wants one has sfa to do with Indy.

Please Start a Willie or no Willie thread if you wish to debate it.

Can we stick to the issues here.

Please.

Spot on.

Even after asking nicely though your plea was ignored.