Knee surgery.... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Knee surgery....

On a serious note, it’s shite having an injury. I know it’s only a temporary issue, but I was over four weeks before I became flexible enough to put my socks on after my hip op. Mundane, routine tasks become impossible and it’s frustrating as fuck. 

5 hours ago, McTeeko said:

On a serious note, it’s shite having an injury. I know it’s only a temporary issue, but I was over four weeks before I became flexible enough to put my socks on after my hip op. Mundane, routine tasks become impossible and it’s frustrating as fuck. 

Yup !! I'm chomping at the bit to get back to the gym, I work my upper body, but haven't done any running for over a year with this fucking knee. It's frustrating, but at the same time, I'll be playing football next season when I'm fully healed and fit. Over 50s with all ma auld pals I used to play with years ago. Friday nights, cannae wait..

12 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Im now at about 13 weeks on crutches since my surgery, brutal. Can now put a wee bit of weight on it but its killing me and im back on the tramadol. 

Good luck Ramy, its nae fun, hopefully a quicker recovery than me.

13 weeks on crutches?!? That seems awfy long. Did you have a set-back or anything. Rubbish that it’s so long and you’re still in pain. 

I’m just heading through to Glasgow now for my post-op assessment and further physio. Seven weeks on Thursday it’ll be since my op and I’m back cycling and had three days walking in Glen Coe last week (albeit low-level, no hikes). Wee bit stiffness, wee bit weak around the muscles and a slight limp but overall I’m happy with the way it’s heading. 

11 hours ago, Kirk said:

Im now at about 13 weeks on crutches since my surgery, brutal. Can now put a wee bit of weight on it but its killing me and im back on the tramadol. 

Good luck Ramy, its nae fun, hopefully a quicker recovery than me.

Thanks pal. Like Teeko said, that's a long time on crutches bud. Did you tweek it or sommit? I'm off the crutches now, but still in discomfort. I won't rush it as I want it to mend properly Soni can get back tonplayinh football. Good luck with your recovery Kirk.. 

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

13 weeks on crutches?!? That seems awfy long. Did you have a set-back or anything. Rubbish that it’s so long and you’re still in pain. 

I’m just heading through to Glasgow now for my post-op assessment and further physio. Seven weeks on Thursday it’ll be since my op and I’m back cycling and had three days walking in Glen Coe last week (albeit low-level, no hikes). Wee bit stiffness, wee bit weak around the muscles and a slight limp but overall I’m happy with the way it’s heading. 

Its called a tibial plateau fracture and I made a good job of it. The bone wasn't growing back as quickly as hoped so got pushed back 4 weeks basically. It's been a really bad break so they didn't want to take any chances. The pain has only really come back now im putting weight on it, it will ease. 

Glad you're on the mend, I canny wait to just be able to take the dog out again.

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thanks pal. Like Teeko said, that's a long time on crutches bud. Did you tweek it or sommit? I'm off the crutches now, but still in discomfort. I won't rush it as I want it to mend properly Soni can get back tonplayinh football. Good luck with your recovery Kirk.. 

As above, been a bit of a nightmare. Aye you're old enough to know now you need to do as you're told haha. Im giving up football sadly, got my own business and canny afford to be off like this. My poor dad is having to work for me and he is shattered. 

On 11/5/2022 at 6:39 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just had arthroscopic knee surgery for a torn meniscus on Thursday. Sore as fuck and still quite swollen.. Anybody else had this done and how was your recovery.. I'm still on crutches.. Cheers...🙏🙂

be all that praying ? :-)

On 11/10/2022 at 1:47 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

🤣🤣

20221106_092540.jpg

Doing exercises now they recommended. Biggest problem is how stiff my entire leg is. I'm getting frustrated. I know it's only been a week since my surgery, but it's still swollen. Seeing my surgeon on Tuesday, I'm off the crutches and using my wee mums walking stick now. Fucking cannae wait to start playing football again. I am going to play striker role I think. I don't smoke, don't drink, I work out, I will be unstoppable I think..  Pure lighting I think...