Meditation 🧘‍♂️ 🧘‍♀️ - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Meditation 🧘‍♂️ 🧘‍♀️

I dabbled recently then kind of fell away from it, i was enjoying it and having read this will give it another go and try a couple of the apps mentioned. I have no excuse not to as im still more or less stuck in the house for the majority until my leg heals

On 11/4/2022 at 9:13 PM, thplinth said:

Meditation is the practice of silencing the chatter of your mind, it sounds easy but just stop and see how long it is before you involuntarily think something... 

But there are ancient techniques the most easy and well known is to give full and continuous attention to your breathing.

What is it that remains once you are capable of shutting down all thought. Pure awareness, consciousness, you. It is a very spiritual and ancient practice. 

Have led a few meditation sessions as part of Religious Studies lessons in the past. Got to be a bit sensitive about how this is done but was always 'interesting'. We live such frantic unreflective lives that it's good to carve out a bit of time to be still.

So just finished my meditation this morning. Did it out in the back garden in the rain... Unbelievable feeling. Wife thinks I have finally cracked.. I actually take my blood pressure before and after my meditation. It does actually lower after I meditate. Anyone can laugh, but it is so therapeutic for anxiety, stress, depression, and it costs nothing..