U21s vs Iceland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21s vs Iceland

csinclair

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Elliott Anderson pulls out again....

I've given Anderson the benefit of the doubt in the past year but I think it's now becoming clear that he is taking the piss out of us.

Give his place in the U21s to a young Scots kid who would love to get that jersey on.

From SFA website:

However, there have been some late changes this week, with Josh Doig forced to withdraw from the squad through injury, along with Leon King who was forced to leave the field playing for Rangers against St Mirren at the weekend. 

There have been further withdrawals prior to the camp in Elliot Anderson, Kieron Bowie, Cole McKinnon, Stuart McKinstry and Josh Reid, with Robbie Fraser, Max Johnston and Thomas Dickson-Peters coming into the squad for their first call-ups in their place. 

Doak looks special. Fastest wide player I’ve  seen since Ralph Milne 40 years ago. Could make first team squad in year or two at this rate. Lowry also very good and both Barron and Smith very good on the ball. Some decent talent. Not sure where he normally plays but the left back looks very uncomfortable and a bit out of his depth. 

Edited by GHfaeGTA

14 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Doak looks special. Fastest wide player I’ve  seen since Ralph Milne 40 years ago. Could make first team squad in year or two at this rate. Lowry also very good and both Barron and Smith very good on the ball. Some decent talent. Not sure where he normally plays but the left back looks very uncomfortable and a bit out of his depth. 

Usually plays CB for Fulham's youth side

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

doak looks good, but the rest look average at best. That doak… does have any Irish granny’s or any nonsense like that? If so we should cap him now.

Did you watch the first half? Lowry and Barron very good and Smith played well too. Second half has been a different game. Disappointed with Hackney and Conway who are both regulars in championship down south and Morrison looked a bit poor with his distribution for a Bayern player 

I’m not too depressed despite two defeats from Iceland, two days in a row. 
Doak looks like he’ll be a Liverpool first team player. He already is but every week I mean. 

I think “give it to Doak” will become a thing at international level. 

Lowry is a concern. Great talent but needs discipline (and tbf a bit of fitness). 

Morrison I think slightly rusty but cruised it in the second half. 

8 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I'm actually fairly excited about this game. There could be 5 or 6 players on display that will inevitably become senior internationalists. It might be a preview of our future. 

Not to mention there are 4 players already in the senior squad that are still eligible for this side.

Let's hope your wrong about it being a preview of our future.Then again...it probably is.