England at Hampden Sept 2023 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England at Hampden Sept 2023

Fairbairn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Spain and Cyprus games sold out as well now, I didn't think that would happen. Got the first two via the members game assuming the others would be easy to get with better seats available.

Anyone know when any debenture tickets are likely to become available?

Spain for obvious reasons and Cyprus is a Saturday game which are always popular.

Just now, thesaint said:

Spain for obvious reasons and Cyprus is a Saturday game which are always popular.

Cyprus game took a while, but probably people coming home from work.

Had to get my teenage daughter to get Georgia nad Norway ones, a 45 minute wait at work was not an option but skipping an RE  class was simple enough.

Only a few single dots left for the Norway one now.

Changed days from much of the last 20 years

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Had to get my teenage daughter to get Georgia nad Norway ones, a 45 minute wait at work was not an option but skipping an RE  class was simple enough.

Shows you what even a small improvement can make to the support.We did qualify for the euros which sparked interest in the younger support who had seen nothing but failure.Unfortunately we let ourselves down in the World Cup qualifying.However the fans liked the feeling when we qualified for a tournament and are obviously willing to go with the team again.We really must qualify for the next euros to keep the interest at a peak.As for changed days from much of the last 20 years.Yes but even then when the game actually meant something the crowds were pretty good considering how poor we often were.Some of the big countries crowds even when doing well can be pretty poor.You imagine trying to get a ticket for a Scotland game if we were as good as say Spain,France,Italy etc.

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Amazing whet a competent manager and a talented bunch of players that buy into him 100% can do eh?!

On 1/11/2023 at 8:57 PM, thesaint said:

Shows you what even a small improvement can make to the support.We did qualify for the euros which sparked interest in the younger support who had seen nothing but failure.Unfortunately we let ourselves down in the World Cup qualifying.However the fans liked the feeling when we qualified for a tournament and are obviously willing to go with the team again.We really must qualify for the next euros to keep the interest at a peak.As for changed days from much of the last 20 years.Yes but even then when the game actually meant something the crowds were pretty good considering how poor we often were.Some of the big countries crowds even when doing well can be pretty poor.You imagine trying to get a ticket for a Scotland game if we were as good as say Spain,France,Italy etc.

Also add to the fact we won our nations league group, promoted to group A and already guaranteed a play off spot.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Only game with tickets remaining is Georgia. 

Glad I saw this cheers - managed to get two tickets for me and the wee lass.  Week before summer holiday so will be doing fuck all at school so no issues if she's sleepy :)

Hadn't realised Cyprus and Norway would go so fast unfortunately!! 

Anyone else pissed of with the way the public sale was open for all five games. I bought 8 tickets pre public sale for the first two games for me, my two "adult"kids and a teenage child one as we are all members of the SSC.

There was no way I could afford 20 tickets to cover all the games.

Managed to get the credit to buy two tickets for the Norway and Georgia games but still feel a bit pissed of that more time wasn't allowed for members.

Has this been normal over the past few years, I haven't noticed, but then the games have been far from sellouts

Edited by ceudmilefailte

17 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Anyone else pissed of with the way the public sale was open for all five games. I bought 8 tickets pre public sale for the first two games for me, my two "adult"kids and a teenage child one as we are all members of the SSC.

Managed to get the credit to buy two tickets for the Norway and Georgia games but still feel a bit pissed of that more time wasn't allowed for members.

Has this been normal over the past few years, I haven't noticed, but then the games have been far from sellouts

I agree. They are trying to force members (who have paid £45 for the privilege) to buy all five tickets at once. Members should be getting much more time to buy tickets before they go on public sale, IMO, but the SFA just want to get as much money in as quickly as possible. I understand why they want to do it. They are taking advantage of the higher than normal demand that they have got at present. But they run the risk of alienating loyal supporters if the team turns really shit again.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:48 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Not Really I actually quite like the option to but all the games at the same time and have the facility to download the tickets straight away without having to pay for postage and yes this have been the norm for the last 2 seasons.  I also like as a SSC member I can auto select the same seats for a full calendar year with 1 click. 

I do appreciate If I were buying 20 tickets for my kids and myself it would be a big dent in my monthly outlay and would probably have to use my credit card.  Maybe the adult "kids" need to step up and pay for their own tickets.