England at Hampden Sept 2023 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England at Hampden Sept 2023

Fairbairn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? 

1. it’s never ever ever meaningless v “them”

2. pricing has been announced already and it’s absolutely wonderful for all the matches.

SFA should be commended to see 5 matches for £125 is incredible - well done. 

Some nations wouldn’t be far off that for 1 match. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Scotland will play England at Hampden next September as part of the SFA's 150th anniversary celebrations.  

A lot of TA will either still be be in Cyprus or travelling back, timing of the game is shite.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I would have preferred a friendly against Brazil or Argentina to living in the past.

Surely if it's a celebration of 150 years of international football it has to be between the two teams who started it. That's the whole point of the match. Like it or not it's a fact that Scotland and England exported the game to the world. Brazil and Argentina certainly didn't. Would like to play either of these two countries but not in a celebration of the first international match. 

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Surely if it's a celebration of 150 years of international football it has to be between the two teams who started it. That's the whole point of the match. Like it or not it's a fact that Scotland and England exported the game to the world. Brazil and Argentina certainly didn't. Would like to play either of these two countries but not in a celebration of the first international match. 

England are just another team to me. Inflexible traditions are stupid in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

England are just another team to me. Inflexible traditions are stupid in my opinion.

They aren't just another team in this context. They are the other team involved in the first ever international match. The only reason the game is even taking place is to commemorate that fact. It's a complete nonsense to suggest anything else. 

3 minutes ago, thesaint said:

They aren't just another team in this context. They are the other team involved in the first ever international match. The only reason the game is even taking place is to commemorate that fact. It's a complete nonsense to suggest anything else. 

As I said England are just another team to me. I wouldn't have bothered. We don't need to commemorate every single stupid anniversary.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Some folk will moan about anything, just for the sake of moaning.

Why couldn't they have added the dates of all the games, in the same email, so that we didn't have to go hunting around somewhere else for them? Useless fukers.

😆

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

As I said England are just another team to me. I wouldn't have bothered. We don't need to commemorate every single stupid anniversary.

Would hardly say in a football sense commemorating the first ever International match would be regarded as just another stupid anniversary. I for one take great pride in our involvement in the beginnings of football. I think it is a great match to be involved in. 

Just now, thesaint said:

Would hardly say in a football sense commemorating the first ever International match would be regarded as just another stupid anniversary. I for one take great pride in our involvement in the beginnings of football. I think it is a great match to be involved in. 

Do you want to do the same to commemorate Wales and the six counties first matches against Scotland ?

Guarantee you the world media won't care about this match against England at all.

23 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Don't remember that idea being mentioned by anybody. 

As we are in a smaller group, the dates were always gonna be filled by friendlies, there will be one In October after Spain too, I believe there is a date in January they have to be confirmed by 

17 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Let's hope we put on a better show than for the 100th anniversary match 🙈