Turkey (Turkiye?) squad - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turkey (Turkiye?) squad

N4Footsoldier

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Is it? I’ve seen plenty of vile comments online. In here? More veiled comments about needing money for paedo cases, provo fests and McCarthy & McGeady being trawled out again. It’s entirely predictable and pathetic.

I thought Celtic needing money to pay their upcoming court cases was in the mainstream news and common knowledge tbh

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Strange that coopers not there. Would be shame if he chucked it as we dont have many epl centre backs we can call on. 

I'd hazard a guess that it will be for a similar reason to the Celtic players. 

I'm quite surprised Patterson is allowed out since Everton are actually playing Celtic in this friendly tournament.

Ralston might struggle to get back into the Scotland squad after this. I think he'll end up looking back at this as a missed opportunity for a cap. He isn't going to be improving his chances of a recall in Australia. Especially with Ramsay being in front of Clarke impressing him. We won't be taking 4 right backs away with us in the future.

Ramsay in much earlier than anticipated, but it's on merit. I understand why Clarke chose such a strong squad. This isn't club football. He won't go 6 months without seeing the main core of the squad just to give more fringe players a chance.

12 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

It’s literally all I was getting at 😂 

Yeah veiled comment, whatever.

The facts are straight forward.

The club agreed to this months in advance of any Scotland game and the organisers are paying eye watering money (not to see the reserves). It falls outside the window so there is no obligation to release anyone.

Clarke already knows plenty about the Celtic players, it’s now become an opportunity for others which is what it should be to an extent anyway. Anyone bringing anything else into it is at it.

51 minutes ago, slasher said:

Clarke already knows plenty about the Celtic players, it’s now become an opportunity for others which is what it should be to an extent anyway

You could argue that this would be a perfect opportunity to try out Ralston, Turnbull and Taylor in the first 11, as it's unlikely they would be in the starting team otherwise. 

What I would do is give those badly in need of minutes to help their club form. So Gilmour, Patterson, Tierney, Hendry, McGinn, Fraser and McTominay would all start it if it were me choosing the team.

Edited by Tartan blood

Not ideal but won't lose any sleep over it. Celtic arent releasing any of their players to any country. We know what the Celtic players can do, so as Clarke says it gives other players a chance to show what they can do, which is basically what friendlies are used for. For a match like this i don't have a real problem with it. 

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

You could argue that this would be a perfect opportunity to try out Ralston, Turnbull and Taylor in the first 11, as it's unlikely they would be in the starting team otherwise. 

What I would do is give those badly in need of minutes to help their club form. So Gilmour, Patterson, Tierney, Hendry, McGinn, Fraser and McTominay would all start it if it were me choosing the team.

Good shout.

2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Can't say i am getting worked up about this. This Turkey game is totally pointless. A kick about. Our euro qualifying campaign isn't going to be influenced in anyway by what happens in this match. 

I don't see any get together or friendly as pointless. Ramsay getting his first call up will mean its big for him and any chance to keep the bond of the team together is good with me. Definitely not as important as qualifiers and Nations league but not pointless.,

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I don't see any get together or friendly as pointless. Ramsay getting his first call up will mean its big for him and any chance to keep the bond of the team together is good with me. Definitely not as important as qualifiers and Nations league but not pointless.,

Ok, borderline pointless then. I know everybody has their own opinions but i for one ain't going to get worked up about a few Celtic players not playing. Would any of them have started the game? 

26 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Ok, borderline pointless then. I know everybody has their own opinions but i for one ain't going to get worked up about a few Celtic players not playing. Would any of them have started the game? 

You not getting worked up would be a first 🤣🤣

if this is not an official international fixture then I guess there is nothing that can be done, but the SfA should stand firm whenever they have the opportunity to do so.

mcgregor is the only Celtic player good enough for Scotland, however this was a chance for a fringe player like Taylor to stake a claim for a squad place. He has been playing well, however he is still third choice at best.. Ralston at best is third choice for right back.  Turnbull shouldn’t be in the squad - hardly kicks a ball for Celtic.

55 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

if this is not an official international fixture then I guess there is nothing that can be done, but the SfA should stand firm whenever they have the opportunity to do so.

mcgregor is the only Celtic player good enough for Scotland, however this was a chance for a fringe player like Taylor to stake a claim for a squad place. He has been playing well, however he is still third choice at best.. Ralston at best is third choice for right back.  Turnbull shouldn’t be in the squad - hardly kicks a ball for Celtic.

Taylor is never going to be number one pick at LB or LWB but he proved to be a very adequate back up when he played in the last internationals 

4 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Haud on...Ralston, Turnbull, Taylor and Forrest are missing out on a cap (when all of them could be doing with stamping their place in the squad) to go on a jolly to Australia because Cellic need the cash to pay for lawyers due to the sordid stuff that everyone knows about?

What a club indeed...

Always nice to get the viewpoint of the unhinged ‘hun without the bus fare’ types I feel 👍

11 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Strange squad. Ramsay is there but why not more youngsters. How is Ryan Jack in there also. 

Ramsay as we don't have any RBs available, Jack maybe the same reason as he can play there too and has done before. 

10 hours ago, ProudScot said:

No club has to release players for a friendly outside the window. 

Ifs pretty poor from them to be honest but they probably need the money from this friendly in Oz to pay for their court cases 😂

Anychance to me to mention court cases. A club that didn't pay its taxes and died but loves shouting about and glorifying paedophilia.

4 hours ago, thesaint said:

Can't say i am getting worked up about this. This Turkey game is totally pointless. A kick about. Our euro qualifying campaign isn't going to be influenced in anyway by what happens in this match. 

Exactly absolutely pointless game. Celtic players were booked to go on this donkeys ago and we know what they can do. Taylor will almost certainly be in most squads for the next while. Ralston and Turnball will be in and out. Forrest is probably done.

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Taylor is never going to be number one pick at LB or LWB but he proved to be a very adequate back up when he played in the last internationals 

taylor has been a stand out for celtic recently so thought he deserved a chance.

what recent European performances have shown us, however, is that playing for rangers or Celtic does not mean you are at a level required for international football.  I would much prefer if players like mcgregor moved to bigger clubs so that they can prove week in and week out if they are good enough.

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

taylor has been a stand out for celtic recently so thought he deserved a chance.

what recent European performances have shown us, however, is that playing for rangers or Celtic does not mean you are at a level required for international football.  I would much prefer if players like mcgregor moved to bigger clubs so that they can prove week in and week out if they are good enough.

Taylor played against Ukraine in two very important matches for us recently. Clarke has complete faith in him already.

Mcgregor has proved he is good enough for Scotland and is International class. Celtic may not have achieved much more than pride in the CL but both MCgregor and Taylor are definitely international class. in some scotland matches these players will face lesser quality teams than the SPFL. 

Edited by vanderark14

On 11/9/2022 at 2:06 PM, slasher said:

The seethe from the pathetic bigots amongst the TA is extremely enjoyable this morning 😃

The old tin foil hat mentality. Any criticism of Celtic automatically means you’re an anti-Catholic, anti-Irish, UVF loving sectarian bigot

3 hours ago, ghorne67 said:

The old tin foil hat mentality. Any criticism of Celtic automatically means you’re an anti-Catholic, anti-Irish, UVF loving sectarian bigot

Mmmm, I don’t really go in for all that.

As far as criticism of Celtic goes, if it’s due I’m usually amongst the first to say so on here. On this occasion it’s unjustified.

If you’re denying that a section of the tartan army have a problem in that regard then you are wrong. They may not be as numerous or as vocal as they once were in the 70’s & 80’s but they’re still there and I’m not putting up with them, either on here, at Hampden or on an away trip and that’s that!