Membership and tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Membership and tickets

glesgadan

Looks like wales have started selling match tickets for their games in the euro 2024 qualifiers.

Why do the SFA seem so far behind everyone else. 

the venue for the Turkey game only announced today, 3 weeks before the game.

no information about the renewal of memberships.

no information about tickets for not only the Turkey game but the euro qualifiers. 

if I received service this poor from anywhere else, I wouldn’t use them. But the SFA have us over a barrel.

maybe instead of the survey to see if we want a t shirt in our membership, maybe just stop taking the piss out of us. 

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Anybody know if existing members will have any advantage in getting new membership for others?

We usually do.

About a month to rejoin before they open up to newbies.

34 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

There is some limit as they have stopped taking new members for some time now.

I think that's because it's coming up to the end of the membership period. It wouldn't be right to take £50 off folk when there are no games to go get tickets for. I could be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I think that's because it's coming up to the end of the membership period. It wouldn't be right to take £50 off folk when there are no games to go get tickets for. I could be wrong though. 

Tried to get membership for my adult kids last Christmas. Bought a season ticket for the last round of games and only used it once due to the availability of tickets for non club members. Would love to be in a position to buy four tickets together before all the better seats sell out. 

On 10/27/2022 at 1:50 AM, glesgadan said:

Looks like wales have started selling match tickets for their games in the euro 2024 qualifiers.

Why do the SFA seem so far behind everyone else. 

the venue for the Turkey game only announced today, 3 weeks before the game.

no information about the renewal of memberships.

no information about tickets for not only the Turkey game but the euro qualifiers. 

if I received service this poor from anywhere else, I wouldn’t use them. But the SFA have us over a barrel.

maybe instead of the survey to see if we want a t shirt in our membership, maybe just stop taking the piss out of us. 

I’m not sure how the venue delay for the Turkey game is anything to do with the SFA. 

Good prices for the 5 match package.Is the West Stand usually dearer than the East Stand though?.I very rarely go to the East Stand and maybe it is usually cheaper than the West,but can't see why that would be.Not got a problem with it as the prices are good but just wondered if that's a new price point.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Good prices for the 5 match package.Is the West Stand usually dearer than the East Stand though?.I very rarely go to the East Stand and maybe it is usually cheaper than the West,but can't see why that would be.Not got a problem with it as the prices are good but just wondered if that's a new price point.

That was a mistake.

Both are £125.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Theres always been a limit. We are at it.

Allows away tickets, comps, hospitality and small public sale. 

Limit back in 2007 was 38000 too.

Did they not remove the limit at the same time as they started allocating home points and removed the guarantee of a home ticket for all members? I could be remembering wrong though. 

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Did they not remove the limit at the same time as they started allocating home points and removed the guarantee of a home ticket for all members? I could be remembering wrong though. 

No, otherwise you'd have to start running a ballot for home games. Folk wouldn't be able to site next to their friends/family/kids. Would be a complete nonsense and would remove the main incentive of buying a membership.