WizzAir - absolute mince - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bzzzz

Has ANYONE ever had a good experience with Wizz? had SO many moved flights, cancelled flights, changed flights, refund refusals etc etc... 

Unless I have absolutely no choice whatsoever I will never use them again. 

Nope, they are useless bastards. They have cost me hundreds of pounds this year alone, changing flights and making connections useless. I’m flying with them next month, and they’ve changed the flight 3 times in a month, only reason I’m using them is that I have credit with them. 

An absolute shower of cunts. 

On 10/8/2022 at 12:34 AM, kumnio said:

Nope, they are useless bastards. They have cost me hundreds of pounds this year alone, changing flights and making connections useless. I’m flying with them next month, and they’ve changed the flight 3 times in a month, only reason I’m using them is that I have credit with them. 

An absolute shower of cunts. 

Couldn't agree more, I'm still waiting for a refund from a flight they moved in May, they accepted liability (for only that flight btw now a connection) and STILL haven't had the £s back. I'm not sure I'd even use them again if I had credit with them, worst customer experience I've ever had. 

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

They joked me around going to Moldova back in 2021. Ended up getting in to the hotel at midnight. 

Got a multi airline trip for Cyprus and back again. Wizz were no part of that master plan. 

J

What’s your master plan then? I’m looking at Cyprus just now.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:10 PM, Bzzzz said:

Jet2, 5 nights and back for the England game, braw 👍

Nice! 👍
I’ve ruled it out, it’s too expensive and anyway I’m struggling for leave as I went on a bit of a booking fest in January.

On 1/26/2023 at 1:11 PM, slasher said:

Nice! 👍
I’ve ruled it out, it’s too expensive and anyway I’m struggling for leave as I went on a bit of a booking fest in January.

It's technically our honeymoon so got away with that one, also got away with moving the dates when the SFA stick the England game in the middle of it! 😁

On 1/18/2023 at 9:11 AM, slasher said:

What’s your master plan then? I’m looking at Cyprus just now.

EasyJet to Larnaca from Gatwick

Larnaca to Paris (EasyJet)

Paris to Marsialles (TGV)

World Cup game vs South Africa 

Marsailles to Madrid (Iberian)

Madrid to Gatwick (Iberian) 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was in Gdansk. Flight delayed from about 8pm on Sunday night to 12pm the next day.

Now in the process of claiming back hotel, taxis, food and of course compensation. Im guessing that they will drag it out as much as they can.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/29/2023 at 6:05 PM, kumnio said:

Took them a while, but I have finally received €300 compensation and £120 to cover taxis, hotel and food for the delayed night. 

Wizzair, what a lovely company. 

😂

• 5 weeks later...

Easy jet are a shower of cunts too. Took £240 in vouchers during Covid thinking I was helping them out by letting them keep my loot. Used them to book a flight to London for the Scotland England game but still had to fork out another £300 on top of the vouchers.

Then they cancelled that flight. So now I have £540 in vouchers. Sent the Mrs and daughters to London for the Chelsea flower show, forked out another £410 and used the vouchers. They cancelled that while they were sitting in the departure lounge, said it was an IT fault and could not rebook them on another flight. Cue a mad dash to the train station and another £360 in rail fares.  so now they are due me £1300 and I said no more vouchers, I want the cash back.

They said we need the flight number and voucher code from your original flight back in the Covid time before we can reimburse you. I told them I cant give you that because I had to delete that email address after you had your data breach. So they said without that flight number and voucher code we cant reimburse you.

2 years later I've still not got a penny out of them. I hate they cunts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 8:55 PM, Wull the Gull said:

Easy jet are a shower of cunts too. Took £240 in vouchers during Covid thinking I was helping them out by letting them keep my loot. Used them to book a flight to London for the Scotland England game but still had to fork out another £300 on top of the vouchers.

Then they cancelled that flight. So now I have £540 in vouchers. Sent the Mrs and daughters to London for the Chelsea flower show, forked out another £410 and used the vouchers. They cancelled that while they were sitting in the departure lounge, said it was an IT fault and could not rebook them on another flight. Cue a mad dash to the train station and another £360 in rail fares.  so now they are due me £1300 and I said no more vouchers, I want the cash back.

They said we need the flight number and voucher code from your original flight back in the Covid time before we can reimburse you. I told them I cant give you that because I had to delete that email address after you had your data breach. So they said without that flight number and voucher code we cant reimburse you.

2 years later I've still not got a penny out of them. I hate they cunts.

Have you tried the CEDR site? 

I was shafted by BA on 3 separate occasions last year and was messed about trying to get money from them. Used CEDR and I have had my compensation etc resolved for the first 2 and am now just waiting on the 3rd one getting sorted. 

Takes a bit of time but worth it I'm the end.

On 2/18/2024 at 1:29 AM, dezmondo said:

Have you tried the CEDR site? 

I was shafted by BA on 3 separate occasions last year and was messed about trying to get money from them. Used CEDR and I have had my compensation etc resolved for the first 2 and am now just waiting on the 3rd one getting sorted. 

Takes a bit of time but worth it I'm the end.

I haven't Dezmondo. I hadn't even heard of these folk. Thank you for taking the time to inform me of them. I used some website that specializes in airline disputes. After a number of months I got an email from somebody called Ricky at easyjet saying he had looked at my case and apologized for the carry on. Said he would refund £880 in cash and the rest in vouchers. I refused to accept the vouchers and we went back into this ding dong shit about whats you original flight booking number. I think it was just a ploy to get the arbitration outfit off their back.