Ryan Porteous - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Porteous

Bzzzz

2 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Played very well, but would rather judge him after a few more games.

Be interesting to see who comes in for him as Hibs will find it hard to hold on to him for long.

Hope so! Look at what it's done for Hickey! 

44 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

He does need to sort a few things out about his game but he could go far, the sooner he leaves Hibs the better IMO. 

He trolled Gerrard and Rangers as opposed to be subservient to them, was never going to end well for him as we all know how it works up here. I’d imagine we’ll punt him in January or he’ll sign for someone and be loaned back till the season ends. He’s out of contact so the ball is firmly in his court, he’d be stupid to stay at the Hibernians. Would love to see him go to the continent and become a complete player, could be massive for Scotland in the future (or not)

37 minutes ago, dan cake said:

He trolled Gerrard and Rangers as opposed to be subservient to them, was never going to end well for him as we all know how it works up here. I’d imagine we’ll punt him in January or he’ll sign for someone and be loaned back till the season ends. He’s out of contact so the ball is firmly in his court, he’d be stupid to stay at the Hibernians. Would love to see him go to the continent and become a complete player, could be massive for Scotland in the future (or not)

Porteous made himself look like a massive fanny in that situation.

If he cuts the nonsense out and continues playing like he did on his Scotland debut then he will go on to have a really good career.

One of the most impressive Scotland debuts i can remember!!

I think most pundits / people think he has all the attributes to be a top player however there is no doubt that he is lacking in the mental aspect.

Whether it be concentration or putting himself in situations he doesnt need to be in.

He is the type of player that if he plays in 10 games straight he will do something really rash or stupid in at least 1 of them. If he can cut that out his game then he could go far.

10 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think most pundits / people think he has all the attributes to be a top player however there is no doubt that he is lacking in the mental aspect.

Whether it be concentration or putting himself in situations he doesnt need to be in.

He is the type of player that if he plays in 10 games straight he will do something really rash or stupid in at least 1 of them. If he can cut that out his game then he could go far.

Mixed blessings for Hibs. Great that he had such a good debut but if he is to progress and become a Scotland regular I'm not sure that Easter Road is the place to do it. I'm not sure an EPL team would take a gamble on him but maybe he could go down the Scott McKenna route and get a decent Championship team looking for promotion e.g the likes of Burnley or Norwich.

13 hours ago, dan cake said:

That was funny to be fair.

He might already be infected with the dreaded Hibs virus. 

Could go on to become the same as Riordan, O'Connor or Griffith's 😂🙈

14 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Fuck the English Championship.

Go abroad.

I would normally agree but to go abroad you need to be a certain kind of individual or you end up like OcConnor. 

Obviously dont know Porteous personally but he comes across as somebody who might struggle to settle into a foreign enviroment.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I would normally agree but to go abroad you need to be a certain kind of individual or you end up like OcConnor. 

Obviously dont know Porteous personally but he comes across as somebody who might struggle to settle into a foreign enviroment.

Or alternatively, it may jolt him into growing up.

18 hours ago, Kirk said:

Griffiths only “crime” whilst at the Hibernians was lucozade  theft for which he was proved innocent then fined for swearing at his accuser  

22 hours ago, Kirk said:

How about John McGinn, Steven Fletcher, Kenny Miller, Scott Brown, Stephen Whittaker, Gary Caldwell & John Collins?

J

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Or alternatively, it may jolt him into growing up.

Agree 100%, he comes across as a no as daft as broonie, riordan etc. Abroad for me, look at Hickey. 

9 hours ago, dan cake said:

Griffiths only “crime” whilst at the Hibernians was lucozade  theft for which he was proved innocent then fined for swearing at his accuser  

I meant in general not necessarily whilst at hibs

5 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

How about John McGinn, Steven Fletcher, Kenny Miller, Scott Brown, Stephen Whittaker, Gary Caldwell & John Collins?

J

What about them?

I never said Hibs destroys everyone, but it does have a knack for producing great players who are absolute reprobates and have wasted their career. Griffiths maybe lasted longer than others but he's made a right cunt of it at the end. Cummings, was he not Hibs too. Should have been a much better player

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

I meant in general not necessarily whilst at hibs

What about them?

I never said Hibs destroys everyone, but it does have a knack for producing great players who are absolute reprobates and have wasted their career. Griffiths maybe lasted longer than others but he's made a right cunt of it at the end. Cummings, was he not Hibs too. Should have been a much better player

Griffiths was a product of Livingston and played nearly 3 times the amount of games for Celtic than he did for the Hibernians.