ROI Match Thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

ROI Match Thread

dandydunn

44 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That’s Saturday night football for you. More people than usual spending all day in the pub before the game. 

Being pissed can't be used as an excuse though. Pissed out of my skull I still would not come out with stuff like that. Sadly, if they were pissed and coming out with that they'd just as likely come out with it when sober.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Being pissed can't be used as an excuse though. Pissed out of my skull I still would not come out with stuff like that. Sadly, if they were pissed and coming out with that they'd just as likely come out with it when sober.

Alcohol makes people far more my likely to act like an arsehole.

54 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes it does, I agree, but the arsehole remains the same just that the booze helps release the sentiments that were always there.

Well that’s all I’m saying. Saturday night games tend to be a bit rowdier than a midweek game because there are likely to be more drunk people there. 

you have assholes in your support so do we its not exactly man bites dog as long as its keep in check 

Better all round experience than the last time despite the same result was the general consensus

Fuk all around Hampden , ended up having a few pints in the Penny Farthing  with  couple of hibs fans and a hearts fan from edinburgh that seemed to be the only pub in 100 miles 

You do like your queues buses outside hampden , buses outside station , taxis outside station and a serious queue to the Cathouse nigthtclub 

Pubs were closed at 12 so had a nightcap in hotel 

Twice in glasgow in 7 years in plenty 

2 hours ago, Newryrep said:

you have assholes in your support so do we its not exactly man bites dog as long as its keep in check 

Better all round experience than the last time despite the same result was the general consensus

Fuk all around Hampden , ended up having a few pints in the Penny Farthing  with  couple of hibs fans and a hearts fan from edinburgh that seemed to be the only pub in 100 miles 

You do like your queues buses outside hampden , buses outside station , taxis outside station and a serious queue to the Cathouse nigthtclub 

Were you in after?  We were sat with a group of Irish boys in the Farthing 

10 hours ago, Debian said:

Were you in after?  We were sat with a group of Irish boys in the Farthing 

Aye after the game  - we were standing at the door , not a bad spot (it seemed the only spot) but i fukin hate  plastic glasses 😀

think the edinburgh lads were getting a taxi home 

Edited by Newryrep

19 hours ago, Debian said:

The West Stand was very colourful.

An old boy filmed calling a guy a Paki

Stewards being abused / told to get home (based on skin colour)

Chants of fenians and why don't you go home 

The IRA being sung about

Ryan Jack being called an orange bastard

Kids getting skelped with cups of beer / bevvy 

Two women scrapping

I was in the West Stand on Saturday where there were, as there usually are, plenty of drunken numpties, but apart from the Irish anthem being booed by a minority (and largely respected by most) and the Irish fans giving it "ooh ah up the 'ra" at one point (that's their lookout) I witnessed none of that.

Now, I'm the first to admit I'm a pretty dozy cunt even at the best of times, and on this occasion my attention was being held by a closely fought football match going on in front of me, but even I would expect to have noticed beer being thrown around and two women knocking lumps out of each other!

14 hours ago, Newryrep said:

There are quite a few pubs within 15 mins walk from Hampden. The Penny can't be much more than that? Not that you'll be playing us again any time soon as we will be in a different League to you. 😂😉. Thought I'd better get that in before we get humped tonight. If you are prepared to leave the pub half an hour before kick off then 15 minutes walk isn't too bad. There are a couple of pubs less than 5 minutes from Hampden but they are very busy especially for a weekend game. 

Public transport in Scotland is awful though.

15 hours ago, Newryrep said:

A legacy of building the national football stadium in a dry parish. Clearly wasn't a major consideration in 1903 though.

15 hours ago, Newryrep said:

Plenty of pubs within walking distance of Hampden. 

There are queues for things in every big city in the UK, especially when there’s a big football match on with thousands of people visiting from outside the city. 

Lots of pubs/clubs are open past midnight in Glasgow on a Saturday night.

You realise lots of us on here are from Glasgow don’t you? 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Plenty of pubs within walking distance of Hampden. 

There are queues for things in every big city in the UK, especially when there’s a big football match on with thousands of people visiting from outside the city. 

Lots of pubs/clubs are open past midnight in Glasgow on a Saturday night.

You realise lots of us on here are from Glasgow don’t you? 

We asked about half a dozen scots fans who were walking close by and they all said 'not from around here'

TBH i am too old for clubs and was happy for a single nightcap on the hotel , like I said had a decent time much better than last time but probably much like yourself you would prefer not to revisit Dublin and Glasgow twice in 7 years is enough 

On 9/25/2022 at 8:23 PM, Texas Pete said:

Or Tynecastle. Or most other Premiership grounds when Celtic are visiting for that matter. Or any night out with Kyle Lafferty.  

I've been to countless Killie games versus Celtic and never heard any of that when Celtic visit but batter in with your generalisations. 

Lafferty can go fuck himself,

On 9/25/2022 at 9:49 PM, Texas Pete said:

but I based my comment on other premiership grounds on what I’ve been told by Celtic supporting mates who go to away games. 

What's their thoughts on Celtic fans calling Killie players Orange Bastards whilst singing about how good it is to be a Roman Catholic?

I can assure you, the issue with bigotry when Celtic come to town doesn't come from the home end and i say that as a Catholic.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

I've been to countless Killie games versus Celtic and never heard any of that when Celtic visit but batter in with your generalisations. 

Lafferty can go fuck himself,

I did say most other grounds. Fir Park, Rugby Park and Livingston are exceptions apparently. Just going on what I’ve been told. 

On 9/26/2022 at 12:26 AM, mccaughey85 said:

I am just arguing facts here. The IRA are not a religious organisation and scottish fans in here being being massively offended by ireland fans singing or chanting about an organisation who literally laid down their lives for irish freedom is strange.

How is bombing shopping malls and pubs laying down their lives?

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What's their thoughts on Celtic fans calling Killie players Orange Bastards whilst singing about how good it is to be a Roman Catholic?

I can assure you, the issue with bigotry when Celtic come to town doesn't come from the home end and i say that as a Catholic.

I was only making the point that anti-Catholic bigotry is not limited to Ibrox stadium. Celtic fans are as bad Rangers fans (the rotten element in each support that is) but we happen to be talking about anti-catholic/anti-Irish bigotry at the moment.

You hear it everywhere and not just from Rangers supporters. I heard it myself at Hampden on Saturday (which admittedly could have been Rangers supporters for all I know). 

There have been arrests or at least banning orders at other clubs for things that have been shouted at Celtic players or fans. 

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Seconded. I used to know plenty who sang about how good it was to be a Roman Catholic. Funnily enough, I tended not to see them at Mass.