Team against ireland - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team against ireland

mccaughey85

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Who cares?

If we play good, we deserve praise from Irish or Scottish and likewise if its the other way around.

I care!  Can't be fucked listening to some biased paddy the entire game 😖 Not when we should have a biased Jock, preferably Ally McCoist 😉 

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Not wanting to tempt fate here but there’s absolutely no chance Ireland are favourites tonight. 

We haven’t lost a qualifier or Nations League game at Hampden since Belgium pumped us over 3 years ago. 

If we (conveniently) ignore the playoff against Ukraine and the euros matches against the Czechs and Croatia (which came with different pressures than a NL game or qualifier) then we should rightly be favourites tonight as we are with every bookie I have checked. 

Does this mean we’ll definitely win? Absolutely not but we shouldn’t be going into this game with any fear. Ireland are where they are in the group for a reason. Notwithstanding the doing they gave us (when we were burst after going out of the World Cup) they have done nothing in this group.

If we play like we did on Wednesday we’ll win. 

I find it hard to ignore those three games, but.  😵

I'd rather think of the Celtic Park game for inspiration.

Edited by exile

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Paddies and Jocks ? Really ?

Have I gone back in time to the 1920s or something ?

Do you ever respond to anyone in anything other than a dickish manner? And also using 'really' what are you? A 16 year old girl?

Edited by todd

5 minutes ago, todd said:

Do you ever respond to anyone in anything other than a dickish manner? And also using 'really' what are you? A 16 year old girl?

Paddies and Jocks patter is for those British army wankers.

I am a Scot, not a "jock", and of Irish descent, not "paddy" descent.

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Do a St mirren, let them have 80% of the ball 20 shots at goal. Prefer a more straightforward but 2-0 that way will do. Comfortable is not easily attained in football. 

That way, despite making the heart rate increase, will do fine at the end of 90 minutes yes 

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Surprised Adams isn’t starting but confident still. Great Gordon is there. Virtually guarantees one of the others being in the sticks midweek you’d think. 

Kelly has to make his debut at sometime against someone and it's our job to get behind the lad.

There is a possibility that if Gordon's wife has the baby tonight, he might just have time to make the Ukraine away game.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Martin O'Neil is still a penis

He used to constantly moan about his Celtic players being called up for Scotland but at the same time was happy to tout Sutton and Thompson for England and never complained about Sweden, Belgium, Bulgaria etc etc calling up his players.

It was almost as if he had something against us.

On 9/24/2022 at 4:37 PM, Toepoke said:

Not in terms of finishing above Ukraine, but three points will really help our chances of pot 2 for the Euros.

True but we’ll be relying on Finland and Iceland failing to win their final games I think. 

Hopefully we’ll get at least a point on Tuesday and we won’t need to worry about other results. 

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

True but we’ll be relying on Finland and Iceland failing to win their final games I think. 

Hopefully we’ll get at least a point on Tuesday and we won’t need to worry about other results. 

Hopefully. But it might give us something to cling onto if we go 2-0 down after 70 minutes. 😂

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Hopefully. But it might give us something to cling onto if we go 2-0 down after 70 minutes. 😂

True. 😂

We might actually be better off if we can scrape into pot 2 as the best placed runner up. It would mean we have a better chance of winning our next Nations League group which might get us a World Cup playoff. 

I would still rather get promoted to be fair.