SFA request Queen tribute - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA request Queen tribute

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There are sadly a handful of absolute cretins who believe that Scotland and the six counties are "wee cousins across the water". No, we are not !

You do still get people who are proud to be British as well as Scottish and if they are happy with that then that’s up to them but they should realise it has no place in international football where the other home nations are out rivals.  

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

You do still get people who are proud to be British as well as Scottish and if they are happy with that then that’s up to them but they should realise it has no place in international football where the other home nations are out rivals.  

Probably proud to be Scottish as well as British is a better way of putting it but your right it has nothing to with football

18 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

SFA way out of touch. What exactly is good about this idea?

SFA are probably scared that they’ll get lambasted if they do nothing as Liz was their patron. If it goes tits up they’ll just blame it on a ‘minority’ and condemn their actions. That way it’s not them to blame. 

UEFA will likely fine them if there is any booing/banners etc. but they’ll just put the ticket prices up next year to pay for it. 

Nothing the SFA does surprises me anymore. 

52 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

did you ever eat a Texan bar at work?

😂😂😂

I didn’t actually work there. I’m just old enough to have worked there. 

I did enjoy a Texan bar. Preferred a Star Bar or Boost though. 

Getting a bit off Topic now………

Minutes applause is silly. It should be silence to befit her service or nothing at all given the period of mourning is now over.

I did like the lone piper idea during the minute, that would quell the more rebellious in the crowd at least.

Wasn't there silence when Diana passed, she had nothing to do with the Scottish game bar the players wanting to watch the funeral so game got moved to the Sunday IIRC. 

25 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Minutes applause is silly. It should be silence to befit her service or nothing at all given the period of mourning is now over.

I did like the lone piper idea during the minute, that would quell the more rebellious in the crowd at least.

Wasn't there silence when Diana passed, she had nothing to do with the Scottish game bar the players wanting to watch the funeral so game got moved to the Sunday IIRC. 

Belarus at Pittodrie wasn’t it? I’m sure Donald Findlay was on the news lambasting the SFA for not initially trying to move the game.  

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Belarus at Pittodrie wasn’t it? I’m sure Donald Findlay was on the news lambasting the SFA for not initially trying to move the game.  

It's always the more holier than thou staunch types that turn out to be complete cunts isnt it ?

Not only the literal dictionary definition of a Quisling but an extreme sectarian nutjob while being an atheist at the same time

A stain on decency never mind Scotland

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's always the more holier than thou staunch types that turn out to be complete cunts isnt it ?

Not only the literal dictionary definition of a Quisling but an extreme sectarian nutjob while being an atheist at the same time

A stain on decency never mind Scotland

Mccoist and souness have been gushing over the Rangers tribute to the Queen in the champions league🤣🤣🤣

It's been comedy gold watching the staunch get all upset about others not conforming to the forced grief nonsense yet not one of the staunch has a problem with bigoted behaviour that goes on every single week at ibrox

Even the English teams went for a silence, GSTK and an applause at some point in the match but not Rangers, they had to be the most British, nobody gets to out British rangers 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Mccoist and souness have been gushing over the Rangers tribute to the Queen in the champions league🤣🤣🤣

It's been comedy gold watching the staunch get all upset about others not conforming to the forced grief nonsense yet not one of the staunch has a problem with bigoted behaviour that goes on every single week at ibrox

Even the English teams went for a silence, GSTK and an applause at some point in the match but not Rangers, they had to be the most British, nobody gets to out British rangers 🤣🤣🤣

True 🤣

I'm old enough to remember when Rangers fans made up a huge chunk of the Scotland support, and even  back then they booed GSTQ when it was our anthem prior to FOS.