SFA request Queen tribute - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA request Queen tribute

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree it's nonsense to even attempt this for a number of reasons (regardless of individual opinions):

- It's guaranteed to be a shambles

- National mourning is officially ended

- Although the "Scottish National Team" or SFA have not had a game to pay their respects, 99% of supporters, players and presumably SFA officials have attended games over the last week or so in which similar tributes have been paid

- Forcing this in a tone deaf manner considering disagreement(rightly or wrongly) from what is likely a reasonable cross section of supporters - at this point seems like some kind of morbid nationalistic voyeurism and people fishing for their next social media rant

I'm done with it

All they will get is criticism when a sizeable portion of the supporters do not behave like good little royalists.

Scots had four days to visit the coffin at St Giles or even travel down to London to pay their respects. We have had a period of mourning unheard of in my lifetime - if that is not enough I am flabbergasted.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

All they will get is criticism when a sizeable portion of the supporters do not behave like good little royalists.

Scots had four days to visit the coffin at St Giles or even travel down to London to pay their respects. We have had a period of mourning unheard of in my lifetime - if that is not enough I am flabbergasted.

It won't be the SFA that will get the criticism.

She was (mystifyingly) Patron so you can understand it... 

As long as they don't expect us to sing the english national anthem as that would not go well at all. 

Could be worse, they could have been planning a minute's silence v Ireland on Sat... 😨

4 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

When did she last attend a game ffs.

Being a patron is more for having a name on the letter head's of the paper work and stuff.... its not a formal role, just a way of looking "nice".

There was a football club in Poland, and it was only discovered a year or two ago that Hitler was still "officially" the patron of their stadium from when it was built in the 1930's, as nobody had bothered to check the paperwork after the war.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

A lone piper in the center circle would be quite moving if we could adhere to the minutes silence. Not Flower of Scotland.

Not a very suitable national anthem considering it's anti monarchy undertones.

It is about a victory for the Scottish monarch though, who the queen was descended from.

Anyway this is a batshit idea from the SFA, have the players wear black armbands, that will suffice.