Tickets and flights - Ukraine v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets and flights

hamilton wanderer

5 of us just booked Liverpool- Krakow return (Monday early evening- Wednesday early evening). Under £100 return and obviously we’ll need to take a car to Liverpool but the prices from Scotland are now mental. 
i can’t believe that there is still no news on the allocation and I’m optimistically presuming that it was therefore not a straightforward 5% and that’s yer lot.

This one's been a poor show by every authority involved - UEFA, SFA and Ukrainian FA.

That it went until a couple of weeks ago for the Ukrainian FA to confirm the venue is squarely on UEFA, however the lack of ticketing information from the SFA beyond holding e-mails less than 4 weeks from the fixture is simply not acceptable.

While it is understandable in the circumstances that the travelling support may not be the highest priority, the lack of basic information and consideration from the SFA cannot be allowed to pass without criticism. At the very least an indication as to what the likely allocation could be and accordingly the likely points requirement shouldn't have been impossible for the SFA to communicate.

Goodwill has been eroded over this fixture for sure.

Edited by Barney Rubble

15 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

This one's been a poor show by every authority involved - UEFA, SFA and Ukrainian FA.

That it went until a couple of weeks ago for the Ukrainian FA to confirm the venue is squarely on UEFA, however the lack of ticketing information from the SFA beyond holding e-mails less than 4 weeks from the fixture is simply not acceptable.

While it is understandable in the circumstances that the travelling support may not be the highest priority, the lack of basic information and consideration from the SFA cannot be allowed to pass without criticism. At the very least an indication as to what the likely allocation could be and accordingly the likely points requirement shouldn't have been impossible for the SFA to communicate.

Goodwill has been eroded over this fixture for sure.

I disagree with this. SFA are In a no win situation. Get criticised for no info, but if they give  "likely" info and it turns out to be wrong, would get slaughtered.

On 9/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, saintydave said:

I disagree with this. SFA are In a no win situation. Get criticised for no info, but if they give  "likely" info and it turns out to be wrong, would get slaughtered.

Sorry I have to agree with Barney here - there has been no communication. No managing of expectations. And most frustratingly no explaining what the problems are. In the circumstances of course we can't blame the Ukrainian end but if the Ukrainian FA are unable to organise should UEFA not have stepped in and helped out. After the Venue was eventually decided it was surely mainly admin re allocations etc.      

See the supporters club are still sending out stupid pointless emails about being part of some f.. king HQ audience. Get your act together and deal with the important stuff first like telling us how many tickets we are getting for the Ukraine game,not this stupid sideshow. 

I've posted on this before but why the blazes do they make this so bl00dy complicated. It's simple - get every member who wants a ticket to register once then allocate the tickets according to the number of points they have in descending order. Should take 1 minute on excel ? It is simply madness how they do this, needlessly complex and a complete pussy for us fans and members who have to continually monitor the position or plan our lives to be available to be on line at random times.  Dafties. (and I don't normally have a go at the bods who try to look after us)   

Posting 2 hour sales slots on a Saturday afternoon is fuckwittery and bampottery that even I thought the SFA could not descend to.

I will be at Somerset Park on Saturday afternoon supporting my team.

And I'm sure numerous others on a similar points level will be following their club too on Saturday.

Admittedly the SFA haven't been dealt a good hand with this fixture, but that sales programme is inexcusable.

11 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Posting 2 hour sales slots on a Saturday afternoon is fuckwittery and bampottery that even I thought the SFA could not descend to.

I will be at Somerset Park on Saturday afternoon supporting my team.

And I'm sure numerous others on a similar points level will be following their club too on Saturday.

Admittedly the SFA haven't been dealt a good hand with this fixture, but that sales programme is inexcusable.

I’d be amazed if it gets to Saturday. I’m waiting for Friday afternoon and not feeling confident. 

J

On 9/5/2022 at 7:09 PM, Rich NATA said:

For anyone looking to book, I notice the cost of the Ryanair direct GLA-KRK flight on the Sunday morning has plummeted from £300+ to £85+

This most likely due to website algorithms designed to pump the price up when demand increases, and reduces as the volume drops to normal levels again. This always catches out people who book as soon as dates are announced. The fact the majority of the general public haven't caught on to this yet in this day and age baffles me.

39 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

This most likely due to website algorithms designed to pump the price up when demand increases, and reduces as the volume drops to normal levels again. This always catches out people who book as soon as dates are announced. The fact the majority of the general public haven't caught on to this yet in this day and age baffles me.

I think most people know prices hike when the airlines see a spike in interest on a certain route; I certainly know this.

I looked at this route many times - before and after Krakow was confirmed - but I wasn't too keen; what with it being the morning after the night before 🍺 🍺 🍺

I saw it on Skyscanner when it was cheap and when it was more than £300

What is unusual is that it dropped in recent days from £300+ to £200+ and then to £85 (the latter being a price I saw the week before Krakow was confirmed).

After a jump in bookings, I don't think flight prices usually drop as far as what they once were; maybe somewhere in between (like the £200 I mention above). 

This 2nd chance came around and I booked it for £85 (+luggage fees).

Just need to try and stay awake between 3am and 6am

Flight sold out in the days after I booked.

Edited by Rich NATA

• 2 weeks later...

I booked last night. 

Under £100 for travel via...

Wizz Air from London Luton to Krakow (flights were only a tenner each way which was daft cheap)

Then to get down there train from Edinburgh (an operator called Lumo do £25 flat fee train tickets from Edinburgh)

The only thing is the times aren't great but it isn't the worst. Getting there on the day of the game at noon and away the next day.