Scotland v Ukraine-here we go again - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Ukraine-here we go again

thesaint

Couldn't help but laugh when i realised that our nations league match against Ukraine is being played on International Day Of Peace.First time around we played Ukraine when most of the world(including some absolute tits among our support} wanted them to win,and started all that singing the Ukraine national anthem guff.Once that was over it suddenly didn't matter if Wales or The Republic Of Ireland got stuck into them and managed to beat and draw with them.Now it's come full circle again and just wait and see that those involved with this International Day Of Peace will be laying it on thick again about us showing our support for Ukraine again,and all those same idiots will start with the singing the Ukraine national anthem and applauding them carry on.You couldn't make it up.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony Joshua fought Oleksandr Usyk this past weekend, and the commentator's made zero mention as far as I could remember of "the struggles" or to signal their virtue or views. Joshua on the other hand might have a future as an international diplomat, he was very eloquent.  

Bollocks, the commentators made plenty mentions of the war, usyk having joined the reserves, his daughter giving him a cuddly toy, him representing his country’s struggle, the fight being free to air in Ukraine to inspire the nation…… bundles of references to it.

They did not say Joshua should let him win, and apart from one shite Scottish journo trying to make the story about his controversial view, neither did anyone worth listening to when we played the semi.

12 hours ago, thesaint said:

Couldn't help but laugh when i realised that our nations league match against Ukraine is being played on International Day Of Peace.First time around we played Ukraine when most of the world(including some absolute tits among our support} wanted them to win,and started all that singing the Ukraine national anthem guff.Once that was over it suddenly didn't matter if Wales or The Republic Of Ireland got stuck into them and managed to beat and draw with them.Now it's come full circle again and just wait and see that those involved with this International Day Of Peace will be laying it on thick again about us showing our support for Ukraine again,and all those same idiots will start with the singing the Ukraine national anthem and applauding them carry on.You couldn't make it up.

Give us some peace and learn some punctuation. It's like you've just made a new language up.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Give us some peace and learn some punctuation. It's like you've just made a new language up.

Never realised i was sitting an english exam. As for giving you some peace. Thought the whole idea of a forum was for different opinions to be expresed. Pretty boring if everybody has to have the same opinion. Then again that would open up a whole new ball game in these strange times of pc, woke etc. Anyway jog on bubbles. 

11 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Anthony Joshua fought Oleksandr Usyk this past weekend, and the commentator's made zero mention as far as I could remember of "the struggles" or to signal their virtue or views. Joshua on the other hand might have a future as an international diplomat, he was very eloquent.  

So he was. Very eloquent. Throwing the belts down and grabbing the mike and launching into a tirade. Quite the diplomat. 

6 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Never realised i was sitting an english exam. As for giving you some peace. Thought the whole idea of a forum was for different opinions to be expresed. Pretty boring if everybody has to have the same opinion. Then again that would open up a whole new ball game in these strange times of pc, woke etc. Anyway jog on bubbles. 

I agree with you regarding different opinions and punctuation but is there any need to start another thread just to repeat the same thing you have repeated for the last 12 months

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

You seem to have a hard on for "Woke" for whatever reason. 

You can bore us with your shite on Anything Goes, this section is for those of us who actually give a fuck about the football. 

You can continue your crusade on the other parts of the forum all you want. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You seem to have a hard on for "Woke" for whatever reason. 

You can bore us with your shite on Anything Goes, this section is for those of us who actually give a fuck about the football. 

You can continue your crusade on the other parts of the forum all you want. 

Like it. For those of us that actually care about the football. Very good indeed.Totally wrong in your assumption but will defend your right to say it all day long. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, good, TheSaint seems to have gone.

Not sure what to expect from this. Unpredictable how we'll perform and the same goes for Ukr. A boring 1-0 win without too many scares will do me fine.

And just to annoy TheSaint if he comes back, I hope the match promotes excellent Scotland-Ukr relations that continue long after we beat them.

23 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Ah, good, TheSaint seems to have gone.

Not sure what to expect from this. Unpredictable how we'll perform and the same goes for Ukr. A boring 1-0 win without too many scares will do me fine.

And just to annoy TheSaint if he comes back, I hope the match promotes excellent Scotland-Ukr relations that continue long after we beat them.

Well said that pillock.Ah...Return of the Saint indeed.