Polish Domestic League - Ukraine v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Polish Domestic League

Rich NATA

I expect this to die on its arse, but is anybody making a week of it?

Top three leagues the weekend after the Ukraine match >>>

Cracovia and Wisla are both away, but Gornik Zabrze and Ruch Chorzow are only an hour or so away from Krakow.

image.thumb.png.ec90fc936170162fec57c2dcf098c224.png

Top flight...

image.png.e6231bac4e9f40357935cbdeae727bfd.png

2nd tier...

image.png.c9820f1f891c54aaac194ee6d734b330.png

If about on the Sunday before the game, keep eye out for SF Fairant Kraków (Polish fan-owned club who play down in the bottom reaches of the league) and Hutnik Kraków (small team who play out in the Nowa Huta district... by most accounts play in a tidy wee stadium (think East Germany-era footall stadium), but their small, but hardcore, support are apparently right-wing nutters!)

Not staying long but spend a fair bit of time in Poland (ma other half is from Bialystok), I'm pretty keen to get to a Legia Warsaw game, only been to a couple of league games so far but def going to build on that. Was going to try and get to a Jagellonia game last time but they were away!  

Edited by Bzzzz

I've seen a Legia match (and I've also organised a Tartan Army tour of their stadium) but I don't like them as a club owing to my first ever visit to their stadium.

Long-story, short... It was during the winter break and I was in Warsaw and went out to their stadium because I knew it had a museum. When I got there, the shutter on the museum was half-way down and they wouldn't let me in. They said they were going to reduce the size of the museum, so they could increase the size of the club store (the club store was already  considerable in size).

I asked if I could see the inside of the stadium. Even explaining I was a tourist, they point-blank refused. Wouldn't even consider it.

So, I left and went looking for an open gate to the stadium and I found two, but both were guarded. Got refused by the 1st guard and the 2nd guard said refused with "Try Barcelona".

Now, compare that to Polonia Warsaw, whose stadium is on the edge of the Old Town. Polonia could not have been more welcoming. Took me into the stadium; walked around with me; gave me the history of the club. Good people. Good club.

Polonia also have a fantastic bar inside the main entrance. A proper fan bar with shirts and scarves and memorabilia.

The Legia bar is utter sh*t. Like an American-style TGI Friday restaurant.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't imagine there will be many stragglers like myself, but just in case...

Not much of a football ground, but seemingly Garbarnia Krakow are at home to Zaglebie Lubin II in the 3rd tier at 1500hrs on Friday 30th September.  

Ever wanted a brown and gold Hummel football shirt? This is your chance.

https://garbarnia.krakow.pl/terminarz-i-wyniki/

Some of us are looking at attending the top flight Gornik Zabrze v Zaglebie Lubin match on Saturday 1st October.

Anyone on here ever been to Zabrze ?

I'm also tempted by the Ruch Chorzow match on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Can't imagine there will be many stragglers like myself, but just in case...

Not much of a football ground, but seemingly Garbarnia Krakow are at home to Zaglebie Lubin II in the 3rd tier at 1500hrs on Friday 30th September.  

Ever wanted a brown and gold Hummel football shirt? This is your chance.

https://garbarnia.krakow.pl/terminarz-i-wyniki/

Some of us are looking at attending the top flight Gornik Zabrze v Zaglebie Lubin match on Saturday 1st October.

Anyone on here ever been to Zabrze ?

I'm also tempted by the Ruch Chorzow match on Sunday.

Zabrze is basically one of the 4/5 towns that basically make up Katowice as a whole?