Foreign football - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Foreign football

I watched AC Milan v Spezia last night.  What an utter fkin farce that VAR made of the game.  Four minutes it took for the ref to eventually award the first Milan goal after they looked at the marginal offside possibility, and then another lengthy delay to look at a minor foul in the build-up to what would've been their second.

What puzzled me a bit is that twice Spezia came close from corners that were glaringly obvious bye kicks.  What if they'd scored?  Do they go all the way back to the award of the corner that shouldn't have been a corner?  The whole thing needs streamlined a bit.

Some entertaining stuff all the same.  Giroud came on late, ran 50 yards to start shoving players in a stramash that was nothing to do with him, got booked for it, scored the winner with a beautiful volley and proceeded to take his shirt off with an inevitable second yellow following!  Might tune in more to Italian fitba if it's all as mad as that.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I watched AC Milan v Spezia last night.  What an utter fkin farce that VAR made of the game.  Four minutes it took for the ref to eventually award the first Milan goal after they looked at the marginal offside possibility, and then another lengthy delay to look at a minor foul in the build-up to what would've been their second.

What puzzled me a bit is that twice Spezia came close from corners that were glaringly obvious bye kicks.  What if they'd scored?  Do they go all the way back to the award of the corner that shouldn't have been a corner?  The whole thing needs streamlined a bit.

Some entertaining stuff all the same.  Giroud came on late, ran 50 yards to start shoving players in a stramash that was nothing to do with him, got booked for it, scored the winner with a beautiful volley and proceeded to take his shirt off with an inevitable second yellow following!  Might tune in more to Italian fitba if it's all as mad as that.

Rome derby on BT sport today at 4.30pm

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Yes I enjoy Serie A. Always something happening, Generally their VAR work is quite efficient, that last night wasn't normal but it does happen occasionally as they are pretty obsessed with getting things correct.

As another poster mentioned the Rome derby is on today with a 1700 kickoff and the evening game is Juventus v Inter, 1945 kickoff - so should have plenty to entertain in those games.

As I said most of the time things are done fairly well but check out the link below for highlights of a game from earlier this season where chaos was the order of the day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, dan cake said:

Touché, couldn’t stand Neil Lennon before he arrived at Hibs. He then give us our most exciting top flight season in 20 year’s, the day he left I went back to loathing him 😀

Had a great day out at Easter Rd a few years ago when he was in charge.

Hibs had already won the league, St Mirren needed a point to avoid relegation, 1-1 draw, full house, tickets in the Saints end were like gold dust, think you gave us 3,000 could easily have sold more than double that, a truly great day out with both sets of fans celebrating at the end.

John McGinn giving a wee discreet fist pump to the Saints fans whilst doing a lap of honour with his fellow Hibees at the end was a highlight 😂

Big couple of days down south Arsenal v Newcastle tonight then Chelsea v Man C on Thursday, favourable results for the Arse and the title is theirs to lose. Could be wrong but I don’t think the stumble or a ridiculous run from City is coming.

4 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Serie A resumes tomorrow with a full card of fixtures. Staggered throughout the day with KO times being 1130, 1330, 1530, 1730 and 1945 in the GMT. Outstanding!

I’m going to a couple of games at the end of the month - Atalanta v Sampdoria in Bergamo and AC Milan v Sassuolo in the San Siro. My daughter moved to Vicenza last year so I’m over to visit her and making a week of it in northern Italy 👍🏼

11 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I’m going to a couple of games at the end of the month - Atalanta v Sampdoria in Bergamo and AC Milan v Sassuolo in the San Siro. My daughter moved to Vicenza last year so I’m over to visit her and making a week of it in northern Italy 👍🏼

Quality. Let me know how you get on. Bergamo especially. Atalanta are my team!

18 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Quality. Let me know how you get on. Bergamo especially. Atalanta are my team!

Same. Been to Bergamo twice now and gone up to the stadium. Not attended a game at the Gewiss yet but that is the plan for the wee man's birthday treat - will be the Easter holidays for us. Looking at home to Bologna. Love visiting Bergamo. Tremendous views and strolling around up at the Citta Alta via the funicular. And it all started with some cheese I bought in Bari after the Luca Toni game...

Edited by killiefaetheferry

53 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Give me a shout if you want any advice on Bergamo. 

I do actually! I’m in northern Italy for the week and my wife and son are flying over for the weekend for her birthday. I had actually booked us all for Milan but we’ve been before and Milan is crap. Had a wee look around nearby cities and opted for Bergamo. I didn’t even realise Atalanta played in Bergamo so it works out well!

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

I do actually! I’m in northern Italy for the week and my wife and son are flying over for the weekend for her birthday. I had actually booked us all for Milan but we’ve been before and Milan is crap. Had a wee look around nearby cities and opted for Bergamo. I didn’t even realise Atalanta played in Bergamo so it works out well!

Out doing a wee session just now but heading back to watch the Bergamasca at 1.30. I'll do you a wee travel tips thing this afternoon. First one is use Trainline in Italy 🇮🇹. No different to using it here and just show QR code on train. 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Out doing a wee session just now but heading back to watch the Bergamasca at 1.30. I'll do you a wee travel tips thing this afternoon. First one is use Trainline in Italy 🇮🇹. No different to using it here and just show QR code on train. 

image.jpg

Spot on, ta! I’ve booked a couple of train trips via Omio for now (day trips to Pisa and Venice) but I’ll use Trainline for the rest. It’ll be busy as I’m doing Florence, Pisa, Bologna, Vicenza, Venice, Bergamo and Milan in eight days.