Foreign football - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Foreign football

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

Noticed Slaven Bilic has taken over the very “hot seat” at Watford, seems to be hugely popular without actually achieving too much as a manager. 18 month contract says it all, I doubt many of their last dozen of so managers have lasted that long

I’m not sure the seat actually has a chance to get hot! The managers arse barely touches it before he’s out the door. 9 in the last 3 years. 

51 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Are any the highly paid football 'experts' still questioning if he'll be able to make the step up to the English Premiership.

17 goals in 11 games for City and we're only just in to October.  86 in 89 for Dortmund and 172 in 211 at club level for his career to date.  193 in 234 if you include senior internationals.  Nearly 200 senior goals and he doesn't turn 23 for another 9 months yet.  To put that in a bit of context - Ally McCoist, who wasn't too shabby in front of goal himself, scored 405 league goals over a 23 year career.  Haaland has almost half of that already over 6 years.  if he can stay injury free for the next few years he's going to smash every record going.

But can he do it on a wet Monday night at Stoke etc etc.

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

Are any the highly paid football 'experts' still questioning if he'll be able to make the step up to the English Premiership.

Yeah they're a bit daft sometimes

7 hours ago, Och Aye said:

The fact he was born in Leeds but chose Norway makes me happy, and is hilarious. How dare he

Edited by dan cake

• 3 weeks later...

No surprise at all here. He was never good enough for that league. All he had done was manage one side of the OF which I nowhere near as hard as its made out to be.

There's more pressure on managing Bournemouth nowadays 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No surprise at all here. He was never good enough for that league. All he had done was manage one side of the OF which I nowhere near as hard as its made out to be.

There's more pressure on managing Bournemouth nowadays 

Rangers fans realising Beale was the brains of the outfit.

Just read this by Phil McNulty on the BBC website

"Gerrard's position had been precarious for weeks, with poor results adding to the uneasy nature of his relationship with Villa's support, who surprisingly simply never warmed to a personality who had deservedly won a reputation as an inspirational leader as Liverpool captain and manager at Ibrox, where he achieved iconic status for stopping Celtic winning 10 titles in a row. "

🤣🤣🤣

Having written an article in the summer on the influence of the Japanese players at Celtic for the Japanese sports site I freelance for, I noted with interest yesterday that Kyogo and Hatate didn't make the final cut for Japan's World Cup squad. Daizen Maeda is in their squad though. 

On 11/3/2022 at 8:18 AM, morrie21 said:

Having written an article in the summer on the influence of the Japanese players at Celtic for the Japanese sports site I freelance for, I noted with interest yesterday that Kyogo and Hatate didn't make the final cut for Japan's World Cup squad. Daizen Maeda is in their squad though. 

Aye saw that, I had actually been wondering last week if they were usually regulars or not in the squad. Maeda for all his work is shite at finishing. Kyogo has had a quieter season I guess and Hatate is a frustrating watch for me, he has great ability and passing but he picks the wrong pass quite often or doesnt quite get it right, I feel like hes almost too casual sometimes with it.

8 hours ago, Kirk said:

Aye saw that, I had actually been wondering last week if they were usually regulars or not in the squad. Maeda for all his work is shite at finishing. Kyogo has had a quieter season I guess and Hatate is a frustrating watch for me, he has great ability and passing but he picks the wrong pass quite often or doesnt quite get it right, I feel like hes almost too casual sometimes with it.

I'm sure Kyogo has a few caps to his name - 17 or something. Hatate only has one cap so perhaps one tournament too early. They do have some strong central midfield players playing in better leagues.  I messaged the sports editor over there and he said the squad was met with a degree of surprise.

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

I'm sure Kyogo has a few caps to his name - 17 or something. Hatate only has one cap so perhaps one tournament too early. They do have some strong central midfield players playing in better leagues.  I messaged the sports editor over there and he said the squad was met with a degree of surprise.

Aye i looked at their squad and there is some good talent there, we don't really see their players as they are dotted about Europe and now Celtic haha. I thought Kyogo would make it though