Series (NOT) worth watching. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series (NOT) worth watching.

26 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

‘Meh’ is a good description. I am not even that keen on Matt Smith. He is not bad enough to be a baddie, like Joffrey or Cersie, but not particularly pleasant either. A bit ‘meh’ . They are all like that. Descriptionless ( is that a word ?🤔) It needs a believable baddie or a Tyrion. Dragons can only take it so far. 

Infact one of the highlights for me was the ‘sombrero  music playing’  subtitles, which at least gave me a laugh. 

I was wondering if my TV is making it worse. I quite enjoyed the first episode, then I lost Now Tv and had to reset my TV back to factory settings and its back to that bloody soap opera type picture again, everything seems a bit perfect and fake. 

Thanks for the heads up on The Undeclared War. Going to try Snowfall when finished Breaking Bad for the second time. Enjoying as much as the first time as I have forgotten so much of it. 

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy Snowfall, it's tremendous.  The first season or 2 have a lot of similarities to films like Boyz N The Hood as it was created by John Singleton so if you like that stuff you should love it.

On 9/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, dj mick said:

"Devil in Ohio", this one has the lot,, ridiculous plot, crap acting, crap directing, absolute pish sub-plots.. 0/10

Funny, we started watching that last night, turned it off, it's mince. 
Watched Angel of Death instead, much better, Polish series. 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:30 AM, Fairbairn said:

The Undeclared War that was on C4 is an exercise in tedium.  A really good premise (cyber war between Russia and GB) and a cracking cast (Mark Rylance, Simon Pegg, Adrian Lester) but it's so unrelentingly dull!  It had snippets of interesting plot points it would then just ignore or pay lip service to later on and had an annoyingly weird narrative technique of trying to show you the main character problems solving as if she was in an AI game.  Not to mention the lead character was one of the most dreary, unlikeable, po faced characters I've seen in anything for a long time.

I thought it was okt but it could have been so, so much better. Like you say, the lead character wasn't likable - a complete dreep - and I felt the narrative technique thing was patronising. More like something you'd see in a weans show. 

The love triangle thing between her, her useless boyfriend and the sassy American lesbian felt tacked-on too.

• 4 weeks later...

Netfix’s - The Watcher. 
I dont even know where to start. Do not be fooled into thinking it might get better after one episode . 
 It is supposedly based on a true story so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Wtf. It is one of the most bizarre programmes I have watched in a while, and not in a good way. It actually gets comically bad as it nears the finale. 

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Fantasy football wtf! A remake of a remake of the Saint and Greavsie, the black statto guy is actually embarrassed to be himself (he’s knows how shite it is). Even fast forwarding at x30 to the Phoenix from the flames is painful, utter woke shite  

That new Friday night MOTDX show on the BBC is even worse.

It's a horrible program to watch.

Inane filler material, appalling background music, inarticulate Z list celebrity guests and presenter Jermaine Jenas laughing nervously between long awkward pauses in conversation.

How not to do a football show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 6:37 PM, dan cake said:

Don’t know why but watched the painful death of Mock the week, I did highlight how unfunny female comedians are tho. Should have finished years ago

Putting my cunt hat on, Rosie Jones is the worst of the lot, sorry, but timing and quick responses are an absolute minimum in comedy, and well..

15 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Putting my cunt hat on, Rosie Jones is the worst of the lot, sorry, but timing and quick responses are an absolute minimum in comedy, and well..

Yup, and the fake laughter from others makes it even worse. You end up feeling embarrassed for not laughing yet she isn’t funny 

12 hours ago, dan cake said:

Granite Harbour 😆 nearly that bad its good. Think river city quality acting with worse scripts and a shit plot, how the fuck does Gary Lewis make a living as an actor? 

He is as wooden as they come.  Up there with Shirley Henderson and Kelly McDonald for me.