Commonwealth Games - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Commonwealth Games

Hertsscot

1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I'm a bad person. I just loved the BBC seethe at the DQ.

And it wasn't even close. They were about a foot inside the line. The first two runners must have known they were going to get DQd for that, as soon as it happened. 

I haven't watched much of the games partly because folk have told me about how biased the coverage has been. But, I thought I'd watch last night to see Laura Muir and Eilish McColgan. I though folk might have been exaggerating about the coverage, but they cut away from the 5000m to show some English lassie get knocked out of the long jump. Then they showed a replay of the same English lassie getting knocked out of the long jump again. If McColgan was English we would have got the whole race. They are just so blatant about it now and yet folk will still defend the Biased Broadcasting Corporation.

On 8/8/2022 at 9:27 AM, Orraloon said:

I haven't watched much of the games partly because folk have told me about how biased the coverage has been. But, I thought I'd watch last night to see Laura Muir and Eilish McColgan. I though folk might have been exaggerating about the coverage, but they cut away from the 5000m to show some English lassie get knocked out of the long jump. Then they showed a replay of the same English lassie getting knocked out of the long jump again. If McColgan was English we would have got the whole race. They are just so blatant about it now and yet folk will still defend the Biased Broadcasting Corporation.

There are parts of coverage certainly screamed bias but ducking away from a long distance race to give 60 seconds of coverage also in athletics ain't it. It is akin to other long races - you are never going to get 100% live coverage of the race when there is so much other live sports going on. They ducked away from live events where English went on to win Gold is that bias too? In any case the whole race was on live as was the whole athletics programme in I-Player.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

On 8/7/2022 at 7:38 PM, Toepoke said:

Laura Muir cruises to gold in the 1500 🥇

Do you know if there anything online for her medal ceremony, they didn’t show it and can’t find it anywhere