Ballon D'or.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Read an interesting article yesterday. Why is it a Goalkeeper will never win the Ballon D'ior? Simple, because all people care about are most goals and assists.. The GK who shared his thoughts, said there should be a second Ballon D'or, strictly for Europe's best goalkeeper. I totally agree with this. I don't know how they could determine this, save percentage? wins? Clean sheets, overall performance? It is only fair. He went went on to say there should be categories introduced. Europe's top Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder, and Striker of course. This award is very prestigious,.but I think he has a good point, only goals and assists really matter, where as you could have a GK or defender that stood on their head for that season... What are your thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Read an interesting article yesterday. Why is it a Goalkeeper will never win the Ballon D'ior? Simple, because all people care about are most goals and assists.. The GK who shared his thoughts, said there should be a second Ballon D'or, strictly for Europe's best goalkeeper. I totally agree with this. I don't know how they could determine this, save percentage? wins? Clean sheets, overall performance? It is only fair. He went went on to say there should be categories introduced. Europe's top Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder, and Striker of course. This award is very prestigious,.but I think he has a good point, only goals and assists really matter, where as you could have a GK or defender that stood on their head for that season... What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are it’s called the Yashin award and is presented at the Ballon d’or ceremony. 

The writer of said article seems as clueless about football as you do. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

My thoughts are it’s called the Yashin award and is presented at the Ballon d’or ceremony. 

The writer of said article seems as clueless about football as you do. 

Away and geez peace ya fud. Read my entire post, or whomever read it for you numbnuts...

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Away and geez peace ya fud. Read my entire post, or whomever read it for you numbnuts...

The GK who shared his thoughts, said there should be a second Ballon D'or, strictly for Europe's best goalkeeper. I totally agree with this. 

The Yashin award. Which part of it is difficult to understand 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Keylor Navos is the keeper who wrote the article I read.. It's interesting..

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just googled him. Fuck me, he is the GK for PSG and the Costa Rica  national keeper...

He's also been one of the most famous players in world football for the past decade 😜

52 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

He's also been one of the most famous players in world football for the past decade 😜

Ok, serious question then. The Yashin trophy is Europe's top Goalkeeper. 

The Golden Boot is Europe top scorer I believe? 

The Ballon D'or is? Why can't a Goalkeeper, or even a defender win this trophy? Is it most goals and assists? I don't know, but I see where he is coming from....

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok, serious question then. The Yashin trophy is Europe's top Goalkeeper. 

The Golden Boot is Europe top scorer I believe? 

The Ballon D'or is? Why can't a Goalkeeper, or even a defender win this trophy? Is it most goals and assists? I don't know, but I see where he is coming from....

The Ballon d'Or has been going since the 1950s, decided from the votes of journalists. It started out as the trophy awarded to the European Footballer of the Year, but is now expanded globally. 

And goalies can win it, although Lev Yashin himself is the only keeper to do so (Neuer and Buffon have been in the top 3 in recent years).

20 minutes ago, kumnio said:

How many threads can Ramy look like a complete fucking idiot in? All of them, even ones he starts it seems.

He can't be a real adult, just can't be.

The hate from the likes of you, Dandydumb, Slanderark just oozes out. Nobody cares what you think you fuckin troll. All you ever do is slag folk. I'll bet a weeks wages you were bullied as a child, and probably lived at home until you were forced to leave. I am also sure you sit in front of your keyboard with a second hand karate kit, black belt, just waiting to become the keyboard warrior you have always dreamed of. Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion Dumnio. Maybe one day you will grow up, maybe one day...

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

So famous he gets a name check in this article I wrote after the inter-continental playoffs had concluded.

https://www.spitballingpod.com/football/2022/6/15/qatar-2022-the-complete-picture

Good article. I am not a big fan of the Qatar WC, for different reasons, but I will watch it of course. I will keep an eye on Costa Rica and they're now famous GK. Thanks for the feedback Morrie. I honestly never heard of this lad, not a big fan of PSG either. It's nice that someone put some actual intelligence into a post such as yours, unlike the other arseholes who just get off on posting shite. I still get what Navos is saying regarding the Ballon Dor award. You don't have to be be banging goals in to be the best. Look at Virgil, he was outstanding, and could have been a candidate for the award, but he is a defender, nobody is interested in that.. It's all about opinions I suppose.... 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

The hate from the likes of you, Dandydumb, Slanderark just oozes out. Nobody cares what you think you fuckin troll. All you ever do is slag folk. I'll bet a weeks wages you were bullied as a child, and probably lived at home until you were forced to leave. I am also sure you sit in front of your keyboard with a second hand karate kit, black belt, just waiting to become the keyboard warrior you have always dreamed of. Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion Dumnio. Maybe one day you will grow up, maybe one day...

Nobody hates you, you stupid fuck 😂😂😂

As for the rest of the post, we’ll, you’ve Ramied that as well. The first reply to the thread was literally an answer to your pondering, but you’re too thick to understand it. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Nobody hates you, you stupid fuck 😂😂😂

As for the rest of the post, we’ll, you’ve Ramied that as well. The first reply to the thread was literally an answer to your pondering, but you’re too thick to understand it. 

💤💤💤💤💤

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Good article. I am not a big fan of the Qatar WC, for different reasons, but I will watch it of course. I will keep an eye on Costa Rica and they're now famous GK. Thanks for the feedback Morrie. I honestly never heard of this lad, not a big fan of PSG either. It's nice that someone put some actual intelligence into a post such as yours, unlike the other arseholes who just get off on posting shite. I still get what Navos is saying regarding the Ballon Dor award. You don't have to be be banging goals in to be the best. Look at Virgil, he was outstanding, and could have been a candidate for the award, but he is a defender, nobody is interested in that.. It's all about opinions I suppose.... 

Thanks. I'm not a fan of the venue. Will be covering the entire event so the preview articles will contain criticism, but then the actual football coverage will be just about that - the football. 

I'm not a fan of PSG, or any petro-dollar club for that matter. Navas though - Levante for a few seasons then Real Madrid for 4 or 5 years. Been in the sticks for Costa Rica for years too. He is a great goalkeeper.

As for the award itself - I wouldn't really worry about it. It's just a popularity contest really voted for by a small number of journalists impressed by their own self importance. Looking at the history of it, it has generally been won by attacking players. Almost like the journalists just read headlines and vote accordingly. The last defender to win it was Cannavaro in 2006. All time greats Maldini and Baresi never won it.

I'd say watch the fitba you want to watch and enjoy it. Enjoy your favourite players and don't worry too much about silly trinkets like Ballon'dOr.

5 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Thanks. I'm not a fan of the venue. Will be covering the entire event so the preview articles will contain criticism, but then the actual football coverage will be just about that - the football. 

I'm not a fan of PSG, or any petro-dollar club for that matter. Navas though - Levante for a few seasons then Real Madrid for 4 or 5 years. Been in the sticks for Costa Rica for years too. He is a great goalkeeper.

As for the award itself - I wouldn't really worry about it. It's just a popularity contest really voted for by a small number of journalists impressed by their own self importance. Looking at the history of it, it has generally been won by attacking players. Almost like the journalists just read headlines and vote accordingly. The last defender to win it was Cannavaro in 2006. All time greats Maldini and Baresi never won it.

I'd say watch the fitba you want to watch and enjoy it. Enjoy your favourite players and don't worry too much about silly trinkets like Ballon'dOr.

Brilliant post pal..👍👍

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Brilliant post pal..👍👍

Cheers. Will forward you my article on the Japanese players at Celtic when the good folks over at what could become my new writing outlet publish it.

Was funny, sports editor over there gave me a 1200 world limit. First draft I sent him was 1900. He must've thought I was a complete roaster. Anyway bartered with him and agreed on 1600 words so I didn't have to shave too much off the original piece.

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Cheers. Will forward you my article on the Japanese players at Celtic when the good folks over at what could become my new writing outlet publish it.

Was funny, sports editor over there gave me a 1200 world limit. First draft I sent him was 1900. He must've thought I was a complete roaster. Anyway bartered with him and agreed on 1600 words so I didn't have to shave too much off the original piece.

Sounds good pal. That would be sound...👍