Team GB (world rugby sevens) - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team GB (world rugby sevens)

exile

It's a disgrace, they're obstructing Scottish players getting the opportunity to represent their country at the top level, they should be solidly standing against it. For the sake of the Olympics?! since when has rugby given a fk about the Olympics nevermind the bloddy 7s!??!?

Rugby World Cups have always suffered from the problem that not that much of the world really plays much Rugby.

So to reduce the number of nations further and make three very reasonable sized countries into one is on the surface very stupid. 

I dare say the folk running Scottish Rugby are loving it but I thought the Welsh might have vetoed it. (For some reason I thought it was more of a working class game in Wales.)

Yep, it's mystifying that the individual associations have agreed to it, I must be missing something here as I can only see negatives. (and that's taking the obvious anti-team gb sentiment out of it)

2 hours ago, stocky said:

I thought it was pushed from the sru side ,but seemingly it was the Olympic guys..  or so they are saying.

IMG_20220724_132105.jpg

Then they should have told them to ram it. Why didn't they? this is effectively slashing the opportunities for Scottish players.