Europe 2022/23 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Morelos left out of the Rangers travelling squad for the game against PSV due to "fitness and attitude concerns".

That'll be him offski before the window shuts then I'd imagine.

Honest question. How much do you realistically think you will get for him FB?

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

His attitude is terrible. When would take a chance on him, and he is a fat fuck anaw.. Let his club down big time...

I do think people, myself included are getting a wee bit carried away with his recent red card and how much of a “liability” he is. The sending off against Hibs was his first in over 100 games. Since that ridiculous year where he got 5 or 6 in one season his discipline had significantly improved and I don’t think it was any coincidence his form improved in tandem with that. I think Gerrard was excellent for him in that respect and Tav aside he’s probably been our best player in recent years, has become our greatest ever European goalscorer and we’d more or less built out style of play around him being in the team and are definitely a better team when he plays. I genuinely think we win the Europa final if he plays. 

All that being said, there’s obviously been something bubbling away behind the scenes for GVB to make this decision on the eve of one of our most important games in years and if his attitude isn’t right then it’s the right move. It’s interesting that a few places are saying the senior players agree with the decision. 

Hopefully this is a shot across the bows and gives him the kick up the arse it seems he needs. Due to the reasons above and the fact that we’re probably not going to make significant money on him now I’d be prepared to give him another chance to see if he screws the nut and if it doesn’t work out and he goes for nothing at the end of the season it’s not the end of the world. 

43 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I do think people, myself included are getting a wee bit carried away with his recent red card and how much of a “liability” he is. The sending off against Hibs was his first in over 100 games. Since that ridiculous year where he got 5 or 6 in one season his discipline had significantly improved and I don’t think it was any coincidence his form improved in tandem with that. I think Gerrard was excellent for him in that respect and Tav aside he’s probably been our best player in recent years, has become our greatest ever European goalscorer and we’d more or less built out style of play around him being in the team and are definitely a better team when he plays. I genuinely think we win the Europa final if he plays. 

All that being said, there’s obviously been something bubbling away behind the scenes for GVB to make this decision on the eve of one of our most important games in years and if his attitude isn’t right then it’s the right move. It’s interesting that a few places are saying the senior players agree with the decision. 

Hopefully this is a shot across the bows and gives him the kick up the arse it seems he needs. Due to the reasons above and the fact that we’re probably not going to make significant money on him now I’d be prepared to give him another chance to see if he screws the nut and if it doesn’t work out and he goes for nothing at the end of the season it’s not the end of the world. 

Perhaps he's angling for a move and it's affecting his attitude.

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Perhaps he's angling for a move and it's affecting his attitude.

Very possibly however given he’s in the last year I’m sure making it clear he wasn’t going to sign a new contract would have the same impact.