Europe 2022/23 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

51 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

That’s a bit ironic as Celtic wouldn’t be in the group stages if it wasn’t for Rangers success in the last couple of seasons.
You should really be thanking them.

2 cheeks etc etc 

Oh dear.. The glue is strong with this one...

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Primary School and must have been Primary 7 my last year 

Can remember the Juventus tie and the famous Roberto Bettega scoring in the first leg

Dont think many gave Rangers a chance in the home tie due to the Italian catenaccio

Even less gave them a chance after drawing 0-0 at home to PSV in the next round

Just looking at some of the names in that Juve team - Scirea, Gentile, Cabrini, Tardelli, Causio and Bettega

Dont think we appreciated how good Scottish Football was then compared to now

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Just looking at some of the names in that Juve team - Scirea, Gentile, Cabrini, Tardelli, Causio and Bettega

Zoff in goal too. Was most of the Italy side that had just finished 4th at the World Cup. 

Probably John Grieg's highpoint as Rangers manager. He peaked early 😄

Edited by Toepoke

Good, fast flowing game at Ibrox last night. Very entertaining. After showing how good their attacking play was early, it was ironic that PSV scored from two corners - goals Rangers could have prevented by getting the basics of defending right. Another good one in prospect next week in the return game, won't be much in it either way. 

10 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Good, fast flowing game at Ibrox last night. Very entertaining. After showing how good their attacking play was early, it was ironic that PSV scored from two corners - goals Rangers could have prevented by getting the basics of defending right. Another good one in prospect next week in the return game, won't be much in it either way. 

PSV to win by 2 next week. I thought they were better from what I saw, rangers got a huge slice of luck with their 2nd. I felt PSV could step up a gear too.

13 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Goldson had a shocker last night. De Jong was rag dolling him all over the pitch and he was culpable for both goals.  Hopefully both Souttar and Davies are fit for next week to give us options at the back (although I fully expect Goldson to start regardless).  I think it'll be another close game over there but from what I watched last night I'd expect PSV to edge it.

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Goldson had a shocker last night. De Jong was rag dolling him all over the pitch and he was culpable for both goals.  Hopefully both Souttar and Davies are fit for next week to give us options at the back (although I fully expect Goldson to start regardless).  I think it'll be another close game over there but from what I watched last night I'd expect PSV to edge it.

I thought the two goals Rangers conceded last night were a bit soft.  Not as soft as the second goal PSV conceded but pretty soft all the same!

Rangers first was a lovely goal but they are going to need to up their game massively, I think, if they hope to win in Eindhoven.  On that performance a draw was the least PSV deserved.

18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Mcinnes taking over the Kris Boyd mantle of being the killie based rangers cheerleader

Shows a lack of respect for their current employers, Lennon and Collins regularly done Celtic’s European games whilst managing the Hibernians which done my head in.

Do they really need the couple of hundred quid that much

Hearts up next tonight in the Europa league, beat Zurich over two legs and its Europa Group football for them. If they lose its Conference group football for them. 

I don't like hearts but if they get passed Zurich I say all the best to them. It would be refreshing to see a non OF club do something on that stage