Europe 2022/23 - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So let me get this correct....

The Green Brigade are under investigation for freedom of speech..

A certain Moscow club tried to use the 'freedom of speach' argument for their fans black/bananna display a few years back.

It's one of the reasons why its not a 'thing'.

Even the anti war banners before the Celtic game had to get special permission.

6 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Freedom of speech has its limitations. Its always had its limitations and its usually those who are on the extremes in society who try to hide behind or dont understand freedom of speech.

Offensive banners and songs are prohibited by Uefa. This shouldnt be difficult to understand.

The difficulty of course is UEFA’s complete and utter hypocrisy and failure to adhere to their own rules (no politics?). We’re not talking about Airdrie Sheriff Court here, we’re talking about one of the most corrupt cabals in sport who decide who holds the moral high ground over their morning croissants and coffee on the splendid shores of Lake Geneva. 

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

A certain Moscow club tried to use the 'freedom of speach' argument for their fans black/bananna display a few years back.

It's one of the reasons why its not a 'thing'.

Even the anti war banners before the Celtic game had to get special permission.

Freedom of speech isn’t a thing any more?

Who knew 😏

1 hour ago, slasher said:

The difficulty of course is UEFA’s complete and utter hypocrisy and failure to adhere to their own rules (no politics?). We’re not talking about Airdrie Sheriff Court here, we’re talking about one of the most corrupt cabals in sport who decide who holds the moral high ground over their morning croissants and coffee on the splendid shores of Lake Geneva. 

Dont disagree with that. I dont understand the thinking behind refusing a request to do something and then not punishing when the club do it anyway. They are also ignoring the clear sectariam lyrics added to GSTQ by a large section of the Rangers support.

That in no way takes away from the actions of some Celtic fans though.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Totally agree about UEFA being a corrupt cabal but it's a corrupt cabal that the clubs very happy to be part of.

24 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Dont disagree with that. I dont understand the thinking behind refusing a request to do something and then not punishing when the club do it anyway. They are also ignoring the clear sectariam lyrics added to GSTQ by a large section of the Rangers support.

I’m not interested in what Rangers did, I didn’t mention it, if they did something wrong and got away with it good luck to them. I fail to see however they can punish Celtic for the banners the other night when they deemed the Ajax fans ‘Fenian bastards’ banner acceptable just a couple of years ago?

7 hours ago, slasher said:

What you on aboot VA ? Every club in Europe is a member of UEFA including your own 🤪

I said clubs, that would include my own.

I find strange why the cetlic supports having a moan at the corrupt cabal but I've  never seen them complain about getting the CL cash from the same corrupt cabal.

9 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

How do you get banners like that into the ground in the 1st place, so much for security checks at the gates. The home club should be fined for non existent security & the individuals thrown out, Celtic can’t be blamed for the banner even tho they do encourage the republican & IRA ideology within their support, same as Rangers encourage the orange side of the argument.

11 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Not fishing but what sectarian lyric was added to GSTQ?

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You lot should be brought to justice for the disgraceful behavior shown during the minutes silence for her majesty..

I know its difficult for you to comprehend Scottish football & its teams, but for the love of god, learn the basics.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Not often I will say this, but Celtic fans have done nothing wrong at that game. It seems that everyone is losing it over one woman death.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You lot should be brought to justice for the disgraceful behavior shown during the minutes silence for her majesty..

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I know its difficult for you to comprehend Scottish football & its teams, but for the love of god, learn the basics.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Deflect, deflect.. You know what I'm on aboot.....

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Please stop, this is embarrassing, even by your standards.

This is going well 😂😂😂

32 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How did you lot get on today DD? Aye, thought so...

We got beat. That’s how fitba works, quite an even game until a dodgy sending off that could’ve went either way, but that’s fitba, we were overloaded in the second half and made a stupid mistake for the third goal. 

Is it a coincidence that you never posted when Celtic got pumped in europe at home and reappear when they get a point?