Europe 2022/23 - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

1 (own) goal & 1 point from 4 games, both away from home next too. Still they'll both be 30 points clear in the league come May.

Does finishing bottom put you out altogether or does even that get you a shot at something else?

Could be talking pish, but think 3rd place you drop into Europa League, 4th and your papped out altogether ?

2 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Could be talking pish, but think 3rd place you drop into Europa League, 4th and your papped out altogether ?

Pretty sure that's right.

Lets see how Hearts get on against the side that's 2nd in the Latvian top flight before we make judgement on the SPFL.

Bookies make Hearts favourites.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Pretty sure that's right.

Lets see how Hearts get on against the side that's 2nd in the Latvian top flight before we make judgement on the SPFL.

Bookies make Hearts favourites.

Interesting, we’ve had a Queen a King and two Prime Ministers since hertz last won a game. Latvians huge and very physical by all accounts 

It's so fucking hard wanting to see Hearts do well in Europe, TBH. Think only the two union Jacks on show this evening from the bits I've seen of the away support - even if you are a Unionist, you're representing Scotland not GB/UK in football.

But hopefully they win. They started well, but now Rigas seems to be having more opportunities to score.

Edited by weekevie04

37 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Well done Hearts.

A pretty decent win, some scary moments and one (at least) great save from Gordon.

Hopefully another 3 pts at home, and see if they can pick up anything in the other 3 games - who knows maybe a famous night v Fiorentina at Tynie?

More than one. Certainly deserved to win and should have scored more but Gordon had at least 3 top class saves 

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So let me get this correct....

The Green Brigade are under investigation for freedom of speech..

Sevco disobey a direct order from Uefa not to sing gstq, and get nothing..

Corruption at its finest !!! Some things never change.... 🤬

Yip. It’s all a massive conspiracy and the entire footballing world is out to get Celtic. You have no idea how deep this goes. 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Yip. It’s all a massive conspiracy and the entire footballing world is out to get Celtic. You have no idea how deep this goes. 

Its no conspiracy but I heard Celtic warned their fans but they are getting punished. Rangers openly encouraged breaking the rules and get no punishment. Personally on this occasion I wouldn't punish either club

Well done to Hearts last night; controlled the game and looked really composed on the ball. It really should've been a much more comfortable scoreline in the end, with the fear being Hearts wouldn't kill the game and end up drawing that game. Craig Gordon was forced to make a couple of really good saves, which is a little concerning, but otherwise Hearts managed the game well.

With the Basaksehir-Fiorentina result, perhaps we can't draw too much from Hearts' opening group game - however Fiorentina were the better side based on the stats I've seen in that one. Hopefully Hearts can give Fiorentina a good go at Tynecastle in a couple of weeks.

12 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So let me get this correct....

The Green Brigade are under investigation for freedom of speech..

Sevco disobey a direct order from Uefa not to sing gstq, and get nothing..

Corruption at its finest !!! Some things never change.... 🤬

Freedom of speech has its limitations. Its always had its limitations and its usually those who are on the extremes in society who try to hide behind or dont understand freedom of speech.

Offensive banners and songs are prohibited by Uefa. This shouldnt be difficult to understand.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Freedom of speech has its limitations. Its always had its limitations and its usually those who are on the extremes in society who try to hide behind or dont understand freedom of speech.

Offensive banners and songs are prohibited by Uefa. This shouldnt be difficult to understand.

I totally understand pal, but sevco broke the rules also, why should they walk free? If this is the case with Uefa, then they better start hiring more spys, as this banner thing happens everywhere, every day, only difference is, queen Lizzy is involved. She has plenty of of baggage, but hey ho, nobody say anything.. Fuck them !!! Get your initial point though..