Europe 2022/23 - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it a mistake by ange to stick to one way of playing?

It's OK against the other 11 in the spfl who are vastly inferior in terms of resources but this was Real Fucking Madrid, the current Spanish and CL champs

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's OK against the other 11 in the spfl who are vastly inferior in terms of resources but this was Real Fucking Madrid, the current Spanish and CL champs

Hindsight is 20/20 but if they'd gone in front in the first half as they really should have Real might not have such a grip on it now.

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Not long before we start hearing about the difference in budgets 😂😂😂

🤭

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's always better to go down swinging but if you're going to play the way Celtic play you'd better take your chances - because you can bet teams like Real will.

You can afford to miss the odd chance against the dross in the SPFL and still win comfortably but not at Champs League level.  If McGregor and Meada take their chances it could have been a different outcome.

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but if they'd gone in front in the first half as they really should have Real might not have such a grip on it now.

It was discussed plenty before the game about how he wouldn't change his style, not on here but on TV. 

I watched the first half and all I could think was celtic can't keep up this intensity, not against a team like Real Madrid.

He took a gamble and lost. It will be interesting to see if the same way of playing works in the next game because the opposition won't be in the same class as Madrid.

Not sure how tonight’s game is likely to go. Saturday’s Rangers turn up and we’ll get leathered however if the Rangers from the last 12-18 months in Europe turn up we can get something. Will be interesting to see Bassey up against Tavernier. 

Usually base my evening meal around the football I’m watching, paella last night pizza or pasta if I’m watching Serie A etc. anyhoo not a big fan of pickled fish so was thinking of having a Weegie tea, can only really think Roll n square sausage with salt and vinegar or just pies. Any suggestions? Kebabs 2morra

Last night was brilliant! I was never in the camp that fancied us to win but the first 50 odd minutes had me thinking I might be wrong. You’ve got to take your chances at this level though, then Juranovic makes a small mistake and you’re done for. No one after the game was moaning about budgets, just wondering where we can get better and excited to see us try!

The huns taking another hosing I see. If the sheep add to wee Gio’s woes at the weekend the knives will be oot!

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Last night was brilliant! I was never in the camp that fancied us to win but the first 50 odd minutes had me thinking I might be wrong. You’ve got to take your chances at this level though, then Juranovic makes a small mistake and you’re done for. No one after the game was moaning about budgets, just wondering where we can get better and excited to see us try!

The huns taking another hosing I see. If the sheep add to wee Gio’s woes at the weekend the knives will be oot!

🤣

You must be back on the shandies if you think aberdeen will get close to Rangers on Saturday.

Aberdeen will shit the bed against them IMO

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣

You must be back on the shandies if you think aberdeen will get close to Rangers on Saturday.

Aberdeen will shit the bed against them IMO

If they don’t give it a right good go now they never will. This Rangers team is broken right now. 

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

If they don’t give it a right good go now they never will. This Rangers team is broken right now. 

It's broken when playing superior opposition. They are still miles ahead of the other ten in Scotland 

During the commentary, it was pointed out how Ajax bring through and play youngsters regardless of age, often as direct replacements for the star player who has just been sold. Whoever the "football pundit commentator" then says that the Old Firm have the pressure of must win games etc etc. Why is it never highlighted that teams like Ajax also need to win pretty much every week aswell.