Europe 2022/23 - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I think its 50/50 for the play off tie. We definitely need to win our home tie and I am pleased we have the home game first. PSV are a class outfit. 

Also the away goals rule ending really worked in our favour. 3-0 up with 10 mins to go was not an appealing prospect. 

Edited by EddardStark

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be watching Dundee Utd tonight. Best of luck indeed. I was away last week so missed the first leg, anyone see it? What was it like? Are the Dutch side clearly a better outfit and it was just one of those nights or is it a fairly well balanced matchup?

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Will be watching Dundee Utd tonight. Best of luck indeed. I was away last week so missed the first leg, anyone see it? What was it like? Are the Dutch side clearly a better outfit and it was just one of those nights or is it a fairly well balanced matchup?

From what I seen United played well and deserved their win but looked like Alkmaar probably had a gear or 2 to go up.  Hope they can do it tonight as 4 teams in the group stages of the various competitions would be superb.

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

From what I seen United played well and deserved their win but looked like Alkmaar probably had a gear or 2 to go up.  Hope they can do it tonight as 4 teams in the group stages of the various competitions would be superb.

It would indeed, but I suspect Alkmaar will win tonight, probably quite comfortably too.

Awra best to the Arabs though. 👍

30 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Exactly as I saw it, it will take a big effort for DU to put this mob out tonight. 

Do united have another playoff after this round? I know hearts only have 1 round to play. I would be very jealous but I would definitely watch Hearts and united if they got to the groups

57 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Posted at the time. I thought Utd were really brave and went toe to toe with a really good outfit. It was so refreshing to see the way they played. Very measured but also with intensity and purpose.

I believe that if they try and protect what they have then they will be on the end of a doing however if they go about it in the same way as last week they have a chance.

Much the same as most teams when they play the old firm. Frustrates me when all of a sudden they play for a smash and grab when all season they have been playing well against other teams. 

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Posted at the time. I thought Utd were really brave and went toe to toe with a really good outfit. It was so refreshing to see the way they played. Very measured but also with intensity and purpose.

I believe that if they try and protect what they have then they will be on the end of a doing however if they go about it in the same way as last week they have a chance.

Much the same as most teams when they play the old firm. Frustrates me when all of a sudden they play for a smash and grab when all season they have been playing well against other teams. 

No sign of trying to protect a lead from them so far. 

At 4-0, I could still see a chance of a comeback if they got the next goal. At 5-0 not so sure.

I think I should stop watching now since my spell of watching coincided with 3 gooals going in.