Season 22/23 - Page 61 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why? Why the insults? It's folk like you that bring this board down. There was absolutely no need for that comment.. No insults from, I'm better than that... Enjoy your day fella..

I can't call Barry an idiot? 

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Pre VAR that might not have been given by a ref bottling it but that was a clear penalty

Screenshot_20230103_074956_Facebook.jpg

I'm yet to see a clip of it hitting his hand..

Also, what does IFAB say, if it had?  It wouldn't have been a penalty.  

Edited by Debian

25 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Okay, the real idiot.... Andy Walker. I just listened to him. I'm shocked this man is allowed in the media !!!

Sad thing is, he has the highest IQ of any Celtic minded man by 20 points. 

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Come on, big Sutty is a genius.. Love him, and Big bad John.. Even Ally McCoist makes me laugh....

John Hartson is absolute vegetable. He is embarrassing, it’s pathetic that he is given air time.  

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

John Hartson is absolute vegetable. He is embarrassing, it’s pathetic that he is given air time.  

He was the worst pundit at the World Cup by some distance. His basic lack of understanding of the rules was embarrassing. 

As far as I can tell the handball falls into the area covered by IFAB's rule about a player instinctively protecting their face when a ball is coming at them fast from close range. Can only conclude that after the quick VAR check, Collum, or however you spell his name, agreed with the ref's on-field decision and the game continued.

The penalty awarded to Rangers definitely falls into the clear and obvious error category for me. The referee waited an age, then pointed to the spot. Because he made the decision on the field it was difficult for VAR to overturn due to the nature of what happened. It did look a penalty, so no clear and obvious error bearing in mind the ref only has one look at full speed. The Celtic defender made a serious error by going to ground like that and the Rangers attacker totally played him.

If the ref hadn't awarded the penalty then VAR wouldn't have either - it was one of those decisions for me.

One of the most annoying things for me about all this VAR stuff is that fans and pundits dont know the rules of the game. We are seeing qoutes from ex players like Barry Fergsuson as evidence that the decision was wrong. Ferguson didnt know the rules when he was playing and still doesnt know them now.

It should be a pundits job to know the rules. The host of clyde 1 phone in is the only person I know who consistently comes from an informed position. 

When it comes to Goldsons handball, there is a section on the IFAB website that specifically deals with it. 

Ive said before that I believe the handball rule to be over complicated however the rules are the rules. Instead of making arguments based on misinformation, pundits and fans should be calling for these rules to be changed.

4 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

One of the most annoying things for me about all this VAR stuff is that fans and pundits dont know the rules of the game. We are seeing qoutes from ex players like Barry Fergsuson as evidence that the decision was wrong. Ferguson didnt know the rules when he was playing and still doesnt know them now.

It should be a pundits job to know the rules. The host of clyde 1 phone in is the only person I know who consistently comes from an informed position. 

When it comes to Goldsons handball, there is a section on the IFAB website that specifically deals with it. 

Ive said before that I believe the handball rule to be over complicated however the rules are the rules. Instead of making arguments based on misinformation, pundits and fans should be calling for these rules to be changed.

That was basically the argument Souness had with Keane during the World Cup.  Keane was arguing that it "shouldn't be a penalty" (or foul or whatever the specific was) Souness was correctly telling him that by the letter of the law the decision was correct.  Keane couldn't, or wouldn't, understand that his opinion on whether the law is or isn't right was completely irrelevant and didn't attempt to articulate his argument in that manner.  He just kept saying "it's not a penalty, it's not a penalty" when really what he meant was "I think the law is wrong and it shouldn't be a penalty and the law needs changed".  That's what we're seeing with current crop of tub thumpers too.

Aye.  The pundits all know nothing about football.  Even although most of them have played and/or managed at the top level.  But what do they know?  There is a simple answer.  Don't watch them.  I watch them and enjoy their views whether I agree with them or not.  I played all my life and coaching now.  I have also been married.  But I can understand the workings of a woman's thoughts than I can understand the rules on penalties.

1 hour ago, SamP said:

Aye.  The pundits all know nothing about football.  Even although most of them have played and/or managed at the top level.  But what do they know?  There is a simple answer.  Don't watch them.  I watch them and enjoy their views whether I agree with them or not.  I played all my life and coaching now.  I have also been married.  But I can understand the workings of a woman's thoughts than I can understand the rules on penalties.

I’m sure this made sense to you when you typed it but I’ve no idea what you’re trying to say here? Still, it doesn’t mention oracle, Ramy, stand on or kid so I guess that’s progress.

1 hour ago, SamP said:

What happened to you leaving the TAMB so that we could keep Jersey Jim?

25 minutes ago, Bobster said:

I’m sure this made sense to you when you typed it but I’ve no idea what you’re trying to say here? Still, it doesn’t mention oracle, Ramy, stand on or kid so I guess that’s progress.

I was talking about football and how everyone has different opinions on a penalty depending on which team they support.  Has been the same since Moses played left half for Queens Park.  As you have mentioned the Oracle his opinions on football result in calling names to pundits as well as to everyone on here.  God save the truth being told on here. Kid, so stand on.

26 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

What happened to you leaving the TAMB so that we could keep Jersey Jim?

I made a promise to Jersey Jim and him alone.  Not to bullies who cannot stand the truth and other points of view.