Season 22/23 - Page 107 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

The very one.

Partick Thistle we’re the first Scottish team I saw playing, they played Portsmouth at Fratton park in a friendly just after humping the hoops in the league cup final, sure the game ended 0-0 but memories nae the best 😜

Soooo, if I am reading this correctly. Ross County have to lose, and Dundee United have to win by 9 goals to avoid relegation. Kilmarnock is safe as they have a superior goal difference and are 3 points up on Ross County.. Does that make sense? 🤣

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Soooo, if I am reading this correctly. Ross County have to lose, and Dundee United have to win by 9 goals to avoid relegation. Kilmarnock is safe as they have a superior goal difference and are 3 points up on Ross County.. Does that make sense? 🤣

If Ross County win Killie are in the playoffs against (most likely) Partick.  Any other result in that game and it'll be Ross County in the playoffs barring a miracle at Fir Park.

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

If United win 4-0 and Killie win 4-0 then Ross County would go down, and United would be in the playoff. Can't believe that Jim Goodwin has given up already. He obviously has a losers mentality.

Strange things sometimes happen in football. Who can forget "Goal Difference Sunday" or "Helicopter Sunday" ? 😉

Edited by Orraloon

54 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If United win 4-0 and Killie win 4-0 then Ross County would go down, and United would be in the playoff. Can't believe that Jim Goodwin has given up already. He obviously has a losers mentality.

Strange things sometimes happen in football. Who can forget "Goal Difference Sunday" or "Helicopter Sunday" ? 😉

You had tae bring that up...🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Genuine question.. I see Liam Scales is uneligable to play against Celtic today as Celtic are his parent club. Is this an official rule, or simple an agreement between Celtic and Aberdeen when the loan move took place.. Cheers🙂👍

Its an agreement between the clubs and its the reason I am not a fan of Aberdeen borrowing players from clubs in the same league

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Its an agreement between the clubs and its the reason I am not a fan of Aberdeen borrowing players from clubs in the same league

Cheers VA. I was not sure. I agree with you on this. A player is on loan, he should be available to play, that's the whole point of a loan move.. Imagine a loan player scoring the decisive goal in a match that matters against his parent club though. He would not be welcomed back.🤣. I wonder if that has ever happened..

I'd love to see the SPFL open their fucking minds and challenge sky on their coverage of the game in Scotland. There is no reason they couldn't show coverage of a packed tynecastle today where its all on the line between two of footballs oldest rivals. The atmosphere will be electric and both teams will go for it. Its 99% guaranteed to be a great advert for Scottish football.

Instead of the above, sky choose to show the definition of a dead rubber. SPFL and SKY - get fucked

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd love to see the SPFL open their fucking minds and challenge sky on their coverage of the game in Scotland. There is no reason they couldn't show coverage of a packed tynecastle today where its all on the line between two of footballs oldest rivals. The atmosphere will be electric and both teams will go for it. Its 99% guaranteed to be a great advert for Scottish football.

Instead of the above, sky choose to show the definition of a dead rubber. SPFL and SKY - get fucked

Sky being their neutral self with O’Neil, Petrov & McFadden as match analysts with no Aberdeen representation & add Andy arsehole Walker in commentary. Sky need punting with their coverage of Scottish sorry Glasgow foot being abysmal 🤬

Edited by RDFH64

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ah well, been an up and down season, realistic league target achieved and European football, just have to wait and see at what stage now. 

I didn't give a shit about todays result. Afc could have sent the women's team to celtic Park for all I cared 🤣

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Hearts game was a good watch. Hibs manager starting a good olf fashioned rammy at the end.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Hearts game was a good watch. Hibs manager starting a good olf fashioned rammy at the end.

It's must have need nerve racking for the hearts fans. The stats make it look like backs to the wall for them.

Sky got what they wanted, lots of celtic goals

4 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

South of Perth this season

P   W   D   L   F   A   Pts

13   1   0  12   8  40   3

How we got 3rd I'll never know but hopefully there's some decent cash spent this summer (and we hold onto the good players we have). 

The only stat that matters is the final league table