Season 22/23 - Page 79 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Ball spent 1/2 an hour in the air in the first half, brutal watch. Goal seemed to spark some life and football into them, hopefully the 2nd half will inspire them for the rest of the season.

The 3rd aberdeen goal was a brilliant pass and a very fine finish too.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Certainly don’t need Jim Goodwin although yesterdays was defo a good win we needed & deserved, Motherwell were honking & brutal.

Put a few bob on Raith on Saturday 😥 Motherwell are utter gash.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong but Celtic are going to score double figures this season not because they're great but because the standard of opposition and managers has never been so bad. 

Who are they playing next in the league?

😮 And I honestly hope I'm wrong. It's embarrassing for Scottish football.

7 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Put a few bob on Raith on Saturday 😥 Motherwell are utter gash.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong but Celtic are going to score double figures this season not because they're great but because the standard of opposition and managers has never been so bad. 

Who are they playing next in the league?

😮 And I honestly hope I'm wrong. It's embarrassing for Scottish football.

It is embarrassing.  Old Firm now have too much money and power for the rest.  I went to the local Junior game on Saturday and met up with pals.  Great day out watching football.

42 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Billy Thomson. Played most of his career at St Mirren , Dundee Utd Motherwell has passed away at  64.

457 league appearances. 

OMG.  Did he get Scotland caps?  I remember him.  Great goalie.

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Billy Thomson. Played most of his career at St Mirren , Dundee Utd Motherwell has passed away at  64.

457 league appearances. 

Sad news, recently left Killie  last summerr after being long term goalkeeping coach for almost 15 years. 

Lovely big guy. 

RIP

Edited by Squirrelhumper

48 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

image.jpeg.302402015168e0722d86107d5ac0fb62.jpeg

7 Scotland caps. 

Aye I was sure he did.  A good looking guy as well.  It's a wonder the OF never signed him or he went south to make the money.  Sad news though and thoughts for him.  Cheers for that.  I think if I was in my death bed and only had one cap for Scotland I would be a happy man.  Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, SamP said:

Aye I was sure he did.  A good looking guy as well.  It's a wonder the OF never signed him or he went south to make the money.  Sad news though and thoughts for him.  Cheers for that.  I think if I was in my death bed and only had one cap for Scotland I would be a happy man.  Thanks for the info.

He played for Rangers between 94-96 and was GK coach for a number of years, most notably working with a young Allan McGregor.