Season 22/23 - Page 47 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Motherwell defenders put their hands behind their backs when in the box. I think it actually cost us a goal on Saturday v St Johnstone. It makes them less mobile when trying to block shots. Wish they'd just take the risk and play normally/naturally. See 1min 17secs.

Edited by Och Aye

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went up to watch Cove v Dunipace today, for a team that plays there every 2 weeks, the amount of times cove punted the ball high and far was ridiculous only for it to be 10 yards short of its intended target. 

Two quick goals at the start of the 2nd half killed it at 4-0 and ended up 7. 

Good game between Linlithgow Rose and Sauchie Juniors. Pretty even, Sauchie shot themselves in the foot, daft challenge by their keeper to give away a penalty and then a crazy rugby style challenge leading to them going a man down when they would looking for an equaliser. All good entertaining stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

After a poor run of form my club, Stenhousemuir, saked manager Stephen Swift and his backroom team today.

some of the lowlights of a season that began with optimism thanks to a strong squad being assembled......

being unable to keep a clean sheet since the opening day of the season

four points out of the last 21 available has us firmly bottom of the form table

in real terms the club are now only 4 points ahead of Club 42, currently Forfar who we play on Saturday

haven't won in the league since Oct 1 - shambolic

I realise a League Two club binning their manager isn't going to move the needle or anything but thought I would post anyway.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

After a poor run of form my club, Stenhousemuir, saked manager Stephen Swift and his backroom team today.

I backed Stennie to win the league. Part of a Celtic, Dundee, Dunfermline and them accumulator. Can't believe how bad you've been.

4 hours ago, morrie21 said:

some of the lowlights of a season that began with optimism thanks to a strong squad being assembled......

being unable to keep a clean sheet since the opening day of the season

four points out of the last 21 available has us firmly bottom of the form table

in real terms the club are now only 4 points ahead of Club 42, currently Forfar who we play on Saturday

haven't won in the league since Oct 1 - shambolic

I realise a League Two club binning their manager isn't going to move the needle or anything but thought I would post anyway.

Bottom of League Two is a scary place to be.  The last 3 to drop down to the Lowland League are firmly entrenched in the bottom half there with seemingly little indication that they'll head back up the way.  At least Brechin are making a decent fist of things being joint top of the Highland League at the moment.  Sad to see these familiar names disappear.

16 hours ago, kumnio said:

I backed Stennie to win the league. Part of a Celtic, Dundee, Dunfermline and them accumulator. Can't believe how bad you've been.

Yeah, it's been shocking really. A more than capable squad is in place at the club, the performances have been way lower than expected though. It's a tough league, many of the teams are evenly matched so need to turn up week in, week out with an organised tactical plan and play well. That's been beyond us so far this season. Hopefully whoever comes in can get us to a promotion playoff spot, as that is the bare minimum of expectations. Winning the league is probably already gone, sorry to say, both for our prospects of being in League One next season and your accumulator.

14 hours ago, daviebee said:

Bottom of League Two is a scary place to be.  The last 3 to drop down to the Lowland League are firmly entrenched in the bottom half there with seemingly little indication that they'll head back up the way.  At least Brechin are making a decent fist of things being joint top of the Highland League at the moment.  Sad to see these familiar names disappear.

Yeah you're not wrong there. It's a dark cloud that hangs over every club in League Two, the possibility that one bad campaign can see your club finish as Club 42 and then get flushed down the pan in the playoff by an ambitious Lowland League club. But it is also the way it should be, finishing in that position should have consequences.

Hopefully whoever Stenny bring in gets us moving in the right direction. A few weeks ago Forfar made the change and brought in Ray McKinnon, they are languishing in bottom place right now but I think McKinnon will see them comfortably safe over the remainder of the season. 

2 hours ago, SamP said:

Back to Premiership action this week.  Normally I would like Hibs to win on Thursday but to stop the gloating by the chief gloater from gloatersville  on here I will go with Rangers this time.

You’re not exactly sticking your neck out, Rangers will win by as many as they want (probably 2-0 going on 5 or 6) and Hibs will be left wondering why they didn’t sack Johnson 3 weeks ago. Shambles of a club at present 

27 minutes ago, dan cake said:

You’re not exactly sticking your neck out, Rangers will win by as many as they want (probably 2-0 going on 5 or 6) and Hibs will be left wondering why they didn’t sack Johnson 3 weeks ago. Shambles of a club at present 

I don't know.  Rangers have a new manager and needs to win.  Pressure more on them than Hibs.