Season 22/23 - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm still surprised aberdeen in 3rd. They just don't seem to be playing as good as that league position suggests

Ross county's penalty was 100% the correct decision  

Are you serious with that or just trying to wind up Ramy?

Thank fuck I’m in Poland this weekend, I watched in a bar full of English lads who had little interest in proceedings but were genuinely stunned at the incompetence of David Munro. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, slasher said:

Thank fuck I’m in Poland this weekend, I watched in a bar full of English lads who had little interest in proceedings but were genuinely stunned at the incompetence of David Munro. 

That's why I never replied Slasher..

16 hours ago, slasher said:

The penalty rule needs to be changed because if you're going by the letter of law its penalty.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The penalty rule needs to be changed because if you're going by the letter of law its penalty.

Then why were Celtic denied a penalty against Hearts, and it was a stonewaller. I don't even think the ref went to VAR, because he knew it was a penalty..

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Then why were Celtic denied a penalty against Hearts, and it was a stonewaller. I don't even think the ref went to VAR, because he knew it was a penalty..

I am guessing its because the ref didn't do his job properly. HE probably got it wrong but this doesn't mean there is some sort of agenda against celtic

1 hour ago, SamP said:

I wonder if the Oracle will do something about the big bad referees.  Maybe batter them all?

Out of interest, why is every single post of yours just attempts to wind Ramy up? Nothing more. Is your aim to get him to lose his temper and so get banned? What’s in that for you?

Oh - and have you any more Saltire planters going? 

17 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Out of interest, why is every single post of yours just attempts to wind Ramy up? Nothing more. Is your aim to get him to lose his temper and so get banned? What’s in that for you?

What's a saltire planter?

These refs aren't very good at stopping celtic. They're 8 points clear of 2nd place, in a semi final of the league Cup and just made the group stages in the CL for the first time in years and they've probably won over 100 trophies in their history. 

The refs need to up their game a bit

19 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Because the Hearts game the arm / hands were below waist height.

The rule is wrong. Its overly complicated.

It should just be a pen if its deliberate hand / arm to ball or if the hand / arm is deliberately put in a position where its likely to come into contact with ball.

The rule was changed because players like John Terry would go into a star position just before the shot, not move and therefore no pen. Imo that should be a pen. Having a ball hit your hand from 2 yards away without previously having moved your arm should never be a pen.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

It should just be a pen if its deliberate hand / arm to ball or if the hand / arm is deliberately put in a position where its likely to come into contact with ball.

The rule was changed because players like John Terry would go into a star position just before the shot, not move and therefore no pen. Imo that should be a pen. Having a ball hit your hand from 2 yards away without previously having moved your arm should never be a pen.

Are you not contradicting yourself there?

18 hours ago, Bobster said:

Cheers Bobster..👍

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

I'm confused, shocker🤣. The way I see this penalty rule is this. If you are inside the box, laying on your back, sitting on your arse, doing a handstand, even havin a wank with your back turned to the play, if the ball strikes your hand, or your arm, it's a penalty !! So Celtic should have been awarded a penalty !! Am I correct. I'm not being funny DS, I appreciate your input. This is a terrible rule if this is the way a ref or VAR decides a penalty...

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Are you not contradicting yourself there?

Possibly just not clear. Terry did move in anticipation of the shot. Just not after the ball was struck. Ie as the ball was about to be struck he would go into a star position hemce making himself bigger however from the moment the ball was struck he doesnt then move from that position so at the time it wasnt a penalty. Rules were changed to stop this but have gone way way too far now.

41 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Possibly just not clear. Terry did move in anticipation of the shot. Just not after the ball was struck. Ie as the ball was about to be struck he would go into a star position hemce making himself bigger however from the moment the ball was struck he doesnt then move from that position so at the time it wasnt a penalty. Rules were changed to stop this but have gone way way too far now.

OK got you now. 

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm confused, shocker🤣. The way I see this penalty rule is this. If you are inside the box, laying on your back, sitting on your arse, doing a handstand, even havin a wank with your back turned to the play, if the ball strikes your hand, or your arm, it's a penalty !! So Celtic should have been awarded a penalty !! Am I correct. I'm not being funny DS, I appreciate your input. This is a terrible rule if this is the way a ref or VAR decides a penalty...

The way refs have described it to our kids is that if their hands are at 4,5,6,7,8 o’clock and it hits, it’s not a penalty, if they’re anywhere else, it’s a penalty, whether deliberate or not. 

I think the champs lge final a few years back ; was the first for new handball rule?

liverpool v spurs

penalty awarded early re new rules and converted 

killed a potentially good game imo

even the 2nd i recall a defender more concerned about having his arms crossed behind his back than actually blocking the shot/cross ……