Season 22/23 - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

How has Clarke been "over the top?" As far as I say he mentioned being disappointed at the decision Celtic made, then moved on. If it had been made an official international window then none of this would even be relevant. It's a bit strange that it isn't - what if one of the World Cup qualifiers wanted a decent friendly? - plenty of them are playing friendlies next week as the weird build-up to the strangest World Cup ever continues.

Anyway, I have sympathy with Clarke. As a national team manager he doesn't get much time to work with the players. This would have given him another few training sessions with the players he wanted to work with and some of them aren't able to join up with the squad.

Fair points. Just been a tough week emotionally for me, VAR, offside goal, International call ups and so on.. I now see Clarke side as you put it. I also see Ange side. If this was a meaningful match, Ange would not stop them, he has stated that in the past. The Aussie tournament is a good revenue maker for Celtic, and being from there, I'm sure Ange wants as strong a team possible. I can see both arguments now, so get what you mean. This also gives Clarke a chance to look at some other fringe players for our Scotland squad. Don't think there is one definite starter for Scotland who plays for Celtic anyway with Calmac out injured.. Good Post though pal...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fair points. Just been a tough week emotionally for me, VAR, offside goal, International call ups and so on.. 

This is a football message board and we all love it, but come on, an emotionally tough week for you cos of... minor football stuff?

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck off ya drunken cunt !!

Haven't had a drink for 20 years kid.  From the way you act just now you need to get back on it.  Might get your blood pressure down a bit a as the meditation clearly isn't for you.  So stand on.

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

There needs to be an investigation into this match fixing. If we weren't as good as we are, we would never win. This is diabolical what the SFA are doing to us... I want charges of corruption brought towards them !!!! 

Its an injustice, its an injustice.

1 hour ago, SamP said:

Haven't had a drink for 20 years kid.  From the way you act just now you need to get back on it.  Might get your blood pressure down a bit a as the meditation clearly isn't for you.  So stand on.

What about the glenlivet 😵💫

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm still surprised aberdeen in 3rd. They just don't seem to be playing as good as that league position suggests

Ross county's penalty was 100% the correct decision  

If it wasn't for the World Cup break they'd have a crack at being second by Christmas!

Decided to go up - First time I've used my ST personally this season

3 points is 3 points for sure, however that 2nd half was (mostly) painful viewing

Barron and Clarkson at the same time is too lightweight, and we're  being bossed in there more often than not - Goodwin can add that area to his priorities to plug in Jan

That said, it is a completely new team, and I get that takes time

Duk has been some find 👍