Season 22/23 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On tonight’s viewing, albeit I’ve only seen it in person and going on hearsay, but………

The penalty was a stonewaller from my view in section Y, lots have said it wasn’t. 

Probabky 3 minutes to make a decision, penalty taken, Miovski misses, play goes up the park, 30 seconds later, it’s called back as Marshall was off his line. 

Fair enough, retake the pen, that’s the rules. 

Aberdeen score, little bit of aggro, kick off is taken and 30 seconds later, it’s HT. 

Where did that 3 minutes go? 

According to sky sports, Marshall was booked for protesting in 45+8 and there was very little else happened in the 1st half. 

Game started bang on 19:30 and finished at 21:31, that’s too long for me, if a decision isn’t made in 60-90 seconds, then the refs decision has to stand. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

On tonight’s viewing, albeit I’ve only seen it in person and going on hearsay, but………

The penalty was a stonewaller from my view in section Y, lots have said it wasn’t. 

Probabky 3 minutes to make a decision, penalty taken, Miovski misses, play goes up the park, 30 seconds later, it’s called back as Marshall was off his line. 

Fair enough, retake the pen, that’s the rules. 

Aberdeen score, little bit of aggro, kick off is taken and 30 seconds later, it’s HT. 

Where did that 3 minutes go? 

According to sky sports, Marshall was booked for protesting in 45+8 and there was very little else happened in the 1st half. 

Game started bang on 19:30 and finished at 21:31, that’s too long for me, if a decision isn’t made in 60-90 seconds, then the refs decision has to stand. 

They need to just stop the clock. It works in other sports. Nae added time, nae fannys rolling about etc. 

Still unbelievable to see aberdeen in 3rd. It does make me wonder what they could do with a better centre half and captain and a better right back.

Missed most of the game as I went out for a pint but by all accounts 4-1 flattered aberdeen

Was the dive by Ryan Porteous as bad as I've been told?

Lucky for Killie that Dundee United have Celtic away today and Ross County have an in form St Mirren today.

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Still unbelievable to see aberdeen in 3rd. It does make me wonder what they could do with a better centre half and captain and a better right back.

Missed most of the game as I went out for a pint but by all accounts 4-1 flattered aberdeen

Was the dive by Ryan Porteous as bad as I've been told?

Lucky for Killie that Dundee United have Celtic away today and Ross County have an in form St Mirren today.

You mean was it worse than Duq’s dive for the penalty? 🤔

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

You mean was it worse than Duq’s dive for the penalty? 🤔

Don't know because I've not seen it and your the first person I've seen who said the Duk dived  

I'll take a look

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Don't know because I've not seen it and your the first person I've seen who said the Duk dived  

I'll take a look

It’s probably not clear in real time but VAR should be picking it up. Another fuck up imo. Listen I’m not bothered if yous get a dodgy pen against they Hibby cunts, good luck to you. Last week  a VAR decision was rescinded (Tony Watt red), if we’ve already got to that stage this expensive project isn’t worth it. There’s nothing wrong with the technology it’s the clowns operating it.

Edited by slasher

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

It’s probably not clear in real time but VAR should be picking it up. Another fuck up imo. Listen I’m not bothered if yous get a dodgy pen against they Hibby cunts, good luck to you. Last week  a VAR decision was rescinded (Tony Watt red), if we’ve already got to that stage this expensive project isn’t worth it. There’s nothing wrong with the technology it’s the clowns operating it.

Just watched it, to me its a pen but Duk does make it look a lot worse, someone of Marshalls experience should have done a lot better

I disagree with what you say regarding VAR, one mistake doesn't mean its not worth it. You also need to look at the decisions its got right.

•  They checked if Duk was offside before the foul which led to the first goal - he wasn't
  • They checked if he was fouled in the box - he was albeit a soft as fuck foul
  • They had to check if Marshall came off his line before the penalty was taken - He was. Penalty re-taken. 
  • The linesman flagged for offside for the Hibs goal, he was then deemed to be onside because of VAR - Goal stands

The only other examples I have is from Aberdeen matches. Aberdeen correctly had a goal disallowed at Motherwell thanks to VAR.

Another great example if the Scotland v Israel match at hampden. Without it we would have had a goal chalked off for a non existent foul against Dykes

There will be many times when the refs still get it wrong using VAR because they are human beings but as long as the stats show more decisions are correct then its worth it

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Just watched it, to me its a pen but Duk does make it look a lot worse, someone of Marshalls experience should have done a lot better

I disagree with what you say regarding VAR, one mistake doesn't mean its not worth it. You also need to look at the decisions its got right.

•  They checked if Duk was offside before the foul which led to the first goal - he wasn't
  • They checked if he was fouled in the box - he was albeit a soft as fuck foul
  • They had to check if Marshall came off his line before the penalty was taken - He was. Penalty re-taken. 
  • The linesman flagged for offside for the Hibs goal, he was then deemed to be onside because of VAR - Goal stands

The only other examples I have is from Aberdeen matches. Aberdeen correctly had a goal disallowed at Motherwell thanks to VAR.

Another great example if the Scotland v Israel match at hampden. Without it we would have had a goal chalked off for a non existent foul against Dykes

There will be many times when the refs still get it wrong using VAR because they are human beings but as long as the stats show more decisions are correct then its worth it

It’s not one mistake though is it? It’s umpteen, many of which have affected results and we’re only a couple of weeks in. Why not invest the £1m+ this is costing in making the refs better, more professional and therefore more accountable. What we’ve done here equates to handing the keys of a fuckin Tesla to a bunch of 5 year olds!

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

It’s not one mistake though is it? It’s umpteen, many of which have affected results and we’re only a couple of weeks in. Why not invest the £1m+ this is costing in making the refs better, more professional and therefore more accountable. What we’ve done here equates to handing the keys of a fuckin Tesla to a bunch of 5 year olds!

Cant agree or disagree because I don't know how much genuine mistakes have been made with it so far? and how much correct decisions have been made and do the correct decisions outweigh the wrong ones?

I was wondering about the decision to play this on Friday night. Obviously not for TV purposes and the Championship game was on BBC Scotland for folks wanting a Friday night fitba fix. Noticed Killie v Livingston was played last night also. Are the Premiership clubs exploring methods of possibly bringing in better revenue?

4 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

I was wondering about the decision to play this on Friday night. Obviously not for TV purposes and the Championship game was on BBC Scotland for folks wanting a Friday night fitba fix. Noticed Killie v Livingston was played last night also. Are the Premiership clubs exploring methods of possibly bringing in better revenue?

The dons game was possibly moved for the Aberdeen fireworks display which takes place close to pittodrie

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Cant agree or disagree because I don't know how much genuine mistakes have been made with it so far? and how much correct decisions have been made and do the correct decisions outweigh the wrong ones?

Scottish football is mental. A few weeks ago they were discussing early kick offs on a Saturday so they wouldn't have the expense of putting on floodlights . Then they introduce Friday night football.

7 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Scottish football is mental. Af ew weeks ago they were discussing early kick offs on a Saturday so they wouldn't have the expense of putting on floodlights. Then they introduce Friday night football.

Edited by Och Aye

2 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Scottish football is mental. A few weeks ago they were discussing early kick offs on a Saturday so they wouldn't have the expense of putting on floodlights . Then they introduce Friday night football.

See above for the reasons Aberdeen moved their game, can't comment on the reason Killie and Livi was moved