Season 22/23 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The clientele at "Rumours Bar" will be heartbroken 😄

Whose decision was it to cancel your kids game ? The team coach or whoever administers their particular league ? It's a ridiculous decision.

I'd find out who it was responsible and give them a piece of your mind.

ADJFA went against SYFA directives and made up their own rules. It’s an association run by dinosaurs that are more concerned about how they’ll look instead of making sure the kids get a game. They’ve had many a disgruntled email from teams all over Aberdeen. 

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

ADJFA went against SYFA directives and made up their own rules. It’s an association run by dinosaurs that are more concerned about how they’ll look instead of making sure the kids get a game. They’ve had many a disgruntled email from teams all over Aberdeen. 

I noticed a tweet yesterday where the ADJFA reversed their decision. Would’ve been too late by then for many teams though. 

Just heard a guy on LBC complaining about the cancellation of football and how no consideration was given to those fans who had paid out for tickets/trains/hotels.

The festival in Paisley was cancelled and so too Radio 2's music festival.

Little else appears to have been cancelled.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:15 PM, Och Aye said:

SPFL - Clubs are invited to hold a minutes silence and/or play the National Anthem ahead of kick-off. Players may also wish to wear black arm bands.

Hear we go. The outraged and offended ready to go whatever they choose to do.

Singing 'God save the King'?  Seriously what planet do these people live on? 

So cover up what actually happens then.

Sky Sports' production staff have been instructed to turn down sound levels or even switch off individual microphones during their live coverage of Celtic's trip to St Mirren on Sunday if away fans sing offensive chants about the Queen.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Scottish referees strike again. 

Hibs and dons player both pulling each others shirts but one gets sent off, penalty given and scored 🤣

If I cared enough about Scottish football I'd be angry

Can’t have Aberdeen putting pressure on Rangers for 2nd place in the league can we 🤬

41 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Can’t have Aberdeen putting pressure on Rangers for 2nd place in the league can we 🤬

The penalty changed the game that can't be debated, however Goodwin fucked it completely by taking of the Duk and replacing him with a guy who looks like he's never seen a soccer ball before.

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The penalty changed the game that can't be debated, however Goodwin fucked it completely by taking of the Duk and replacing him with a guy who looks like he's never seen a soccer ball before.

Hibs should have had a penalty for a blatant handball but for some reason the ref chose to ignore it, VAR can’t come quick enough for me. Our refs are terrible 

Dundee United fans burst the minutes silence at Ibrox, wonder if they’ll get the same attention as the green brigade 🤔

All’s well that ends well for the huns though  as they score their first goals since Elizabethan times to finally earn a win!

Edited by slasher

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Dundee United fans burst the minutes silence at Ibrox, wonder if they’ll get the same attention as the green brigade 🤔

All’s well that ends well for the huns though  as they score their first goals since Elizabethan times to finally earn a win!

I cam imagine the huns were apoplectic with rage?🤣

We’re definitely missing a spark. Expected a big reaction today from Utd but we should burying them.

As for Utd fans booing the silence. I’ve never disrespected an minutes silence in my life however I don’t think we should have done a minutes silence today. Maybe a minutes applause and then it’s easy to not participate. 

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Seemingly "Lizzie's in a box " was the chorus...

I'm sure there was a band and a hit single similar to that in the 80's..🤔

so might just have been some fans of 80's one hot wonders...

That was "Living in a Box" by the band "Living in a Box" who also had an album called "Living in a Box"

As you can guess i fucking hated them and their pish song

It was played endlessly and still is whereas The Smiths and The Stone Roses et all werent

From what i have heard the Dundee Utd fans werent singing the same song/tune sadly

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

That was "Living in a Box" by the band "Living in a Box" who also had an album called "Living in a Box"

As you can guess i fucking hated them and their pish song

It was played endlessly and still is whereas The Smiths and The Stone Roses et all werent

From what i have heard the Dundee Utd fans werent singing the same song/tune sadly

They were singing it to KC & The Sunshine Band “Give It Up”