Season 22/23 - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

But with Scotlands eternal “jobs for the boys” mindset, that’ll never happen. 

I mean.. he is just terrible.. he once gave us a penalty in an old firm when he was looking the other way.

he then told Mark Wilson he 'heard it'

9 big calls today, probaby 8 wrong?

Wonder when Dundee Utd will pull the plug on Jack (should never have been sacked by Hibs) Ross, Celtic then away to Livy next up. Could be 5 league defeats on the spin plus the European debacle surely Michael Stewart and the boys can’t save him

Edited by dan cake

8 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Point out where in the rule book the word 'intension' comes into play.

No problem,let me just go get the sfa rule book to settle a debate with a tedious stranger on the Internet 🤣🤣🤣

You've got to love the huns when they don't win. It's all the refs fault🤣

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

No problem,let me just go get the sfa rule book to settle a debate with a tedious stranger on the Internet 🤣🤣🤣

You've got to love the huns when they don't win. It's all the refs fault🤣

it was never a red card in a million years.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:06 PM, morrie21 said:

Shorter buildup to Hibs v Rangers today because Soccer AM was on THREE channels simultaneously. Utter nonsense from the Sky.

IMO today's game should be on too. Good rivalry between the Two clubs and hearts are the more likely of the rest to give the OF trouble 

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

IMO today's game should be on too. Good rivalry between the Two clubs and hearts are the more likely of the rest to give the OF trouble 

I’ve tested positive for covid this morning so won’t make it 😳 Hopefully my firestick or hesgoal does the business, should be a decent game  👍

16 hours ago, dan cake said:

Wonder when Dundee Utd will pull the plug on Jack (should never have been sacked by Hibs) Ross, Celtic then away to Livy next up. Could be 5 league defeats on the spin plus the European debacle surely Michael Stewart and the boys can’t save him

They should hang onto him. He has won the Championship before so if he takes them down he's the ideal person to get them back up. He's a good young manager too, you know.

Seriously, I can't see them getting more than a point from them next two league games.

15 minutes ago, scotlad said:

They should hang onto him. He has won the Championship before so if he takes them down he's the ideal person to get them back up. He's a good young manager too, you know.

Seriously, I can't see them getting more than a point from them next two league games.

He inherited a decent team and added Fletcher Levitt McGrath (probably starters for all the diddies) so why are they so bad? 

Standard of punditry from Sky was shocking again yesterday. The Hibs "penalty" they kept showing was never a penalty. They analysed it about 10 times at never at any stage pointed out that the hibs player was also pulling Taviner's shirt. Not even close to being a penalty.

Likewise the Rangers penalty wasnt a penalty imo but the defender gives the ref a decision to make but not enough in it for me.

Lundstrum tackle isnt a red under any interpretation of the rules. In fairness to the ref I think he though Lundstrum had either come through the back or swiped through. Understandable from the angle he was at but in reality he slide alongside and flicked to ensure the hibs player defo went down. Cynical but happens all the time and only a yellow.

Moreles one was without question a red. How Andy Walker said otherwise about 10 times is beyond me. An argument cant even be made for anything else.

Rangers would have won with 10 men. Moreles a total liability yet again. Was surprised to hear on clyde 1 that its his first red card in 3 years?

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Neilson doing the sensible thing and resting his entire starting 11 for Thursday, had an inkling this would happen 6-0 and 7-0 were 50/1 and 70/1 this morning now 25s and 50s. Should have chucked on a couple of quid ☹️

7 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Neilson doing the sensible thing and resting his entire starting 11 for Thursday, had an inkling this would happen 6-0 and 7-0 were 50/1 and 70/1 this morning now 25s and 50s. Should have chucked on a couple of quid ☹️

Has he genuinely resting his starting 11?

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Standard of punditry from Sky was shocking again yesterday. The Hibs "penalty" they kept showing was never a penalty. They analysed it about 10 times at never at any stage pointed out that the hibs player was also pulling Taviner's shirt. Not even close to being a penalty.

Likewise the Rangers penalty wasnt a penalty imo but the defender gives the ref a decision to make but not enough in it for me.

Lundstrum tackle isnt a red under any interpretation of the rules. In fairness to the ref I think he though Lundstrum had either come through the back or swiped through. Understandable from the angle he was at but in reality he slide alongside and flicked to ensure the hibs player defo went down. Cynical but happens all the time and only a yellow.

Moreles one was without question a red. How Andy Walker said otherwise about 10 times is beyond me. An argument cant even be made for anything else.

Rangers would have won with 10 men. Moreles a total liability yet again. Was surprised to hear on clyde 1 that its his first red card in 3 years?

I think all of that is fair. The huns defending buffalo brains is fine by me. He’s fat, unprofessional and ill disciplined which is why he’s still at Ibrox 👍

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

I'm with you on everything except the lundstram red, he is coming from behind with absolutely no chance of getting the ball, he's not sliding alongside.