Season 22/23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Hearing rumours that Aberdeen are getting just 1% of Parkhead for the opening game of the season, could make things very interesting for later on in the season 🤔

St Mirren have announced that The Old Firm will only receive one stand when they visit next season, club did a fans vote and listened 👍

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

St Mirren have announced that The Old Firm will only receive one stand when they visit next season, club did a fans vote and listened 👍

Good stuff. I spoke to the commercial guy at pittodrie and he wants to give the OF what they give us if a new stadium goes ahead, hopefully it comes sooner to mirror what we get. 

The bed wetting at 200 tickets would be wonderful 😂

44 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Good stuff. I spoke to the commercial guy at pittodrie and he wants to give the OF what they give us if a new stadium goes ahead, hopefully it comes sooner to mirror what we get. 

The bed wetting at 200 tickets would be wonderful 😂

FollowFollow and Kerrydale Street will both be going into fecking meltdown !

How dare other clubs stand up to the Old Firm who "know what's best" for everyone ...

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

How dare other clubs stand up to the Old Firm who "know what's best" for everyone ...

Correct, because we’re desperate for the money. 

Remember all the clubs that died when the blue pound was taken away from us 🙄

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I can only speak for St Mirren here, but since moving into our “smaller stadium” our 5 biggest crowds have been Dundee Utd, Killie, Killie, Celtic, Rangers in that order.

So this Blue/Green pound thing is a myth, last few seasons we’ve gave up the family stand for them, that meant those supporters had to relocated, a lot of whom thought “f”ck that” and never renewed season tickets, as a result we were getting less home fans for a game against those 2 than we were getting against Ross County.

Hard enough to compete with them so why give them an advantage, f”ck them.

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Correct, because we’re desperate for the money. 

Remember all the clubs that died when the blue pound was taken away from us 🙄

6 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I can only speak for St Mirren here, but since moving into our “smaller stadium” our 5 biggest crowds have been Dundee Utd, Killie, Killie, Celtic, Rangers in that order.

So this Blue/Green pound thing is a myth, last few seasons we’ve gave up the family stand for them, that meant those supporters had to relocated, a lot of whom thought “f”ck that” and never renewed season tickets, as a result we were getting less home fans for a game against those 2 than we were getting against Ross County.

Hard enough to compete with them so why give them an advantage, f”ck them.

Great, it's good to see clubs standing up to these two auld hoors 👍

Haven’t heard of the confirmed allocation, but fuck me, £35 for one of the worst views in the country is starting to take the piss. 

I hope every club in the country charges them the same for home games. 

It’s getting out of hand to go to a game of football now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers might very well go onto win today but they dont seem to have learned any lessons from last season.

Possession in Scottish football isnt as important as in Europe. Also, there is no need to play 2 defensive minded CMs against teams that sut deep. They would be better replacing either Lundstrum or Kamara with an attacking CM or even another CF.

Also, anybody that thinks Souttar is a better CB than McTomminay needs to watch. He is so slow moving the ball, so slow at running and is getting ragdolled by the Livi CF who spent the 1st half of last season playing for Abroath.

It would have been a total injustice if Rangers had lost that game. VAR would have seen a goal given that was disallowed and the ref bottled it to give the Livi player a second yellow in the fist half. That said we where terrible in the first half but good subs turned it around. Souttar probably took the wrap for their goal but it was an all round defensive disaster. Great three points from a very difficult place to play at. 

Edited by EddardStark

44 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

It would have been a total injustice if Rangers had lost that game. VAR would have seen a goal given that was disallowed and the ref bottled it to give the Livi player a second yellow in the fist half. That said we where terrible in the first half but good subs turned it around. Souttar probably took the wrap for their goal but it was an all round defensive disaster. Great three points from a very difficult place to play at. 

The Livi player should've been sent off, I don't think that's even debatable and Martindale immediately subbing him tells you all you need to know.    I think that would've been flagged up by VAR and the ref would've given a second yellow.

The "goal", I don't think you can really say either way.  The angle wasn't brilliant and it would all boil down to where exactly the line gets drawn.   

That said, I don't think that it matters because it gives you an example of what the conversation will be when there is a difference in pre and post-VAR decisions which have material differences.

Absolutely mental decision to introduce it part way through the season.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Take the blue tinted specs off Ed. There’s no way at that angle you can say what VAR would have done. You make a fair point about the Livi full back but fail to mention Livi’s disallowed goal, not much wrong from what I could see.

Anyway nothing much new was learned about either side apart from Tillman looking a decent addition and Livi have a new battering ram up front. He chucked Souttar about like a wet rag.

I tuned into the jambos game later and again there’s not much new to report from either side. The jambos look poor without Boyce up front and they’ll miss Sims. I think County could make top 6 if they find a more clinical edge, they should have had the game won by halftime.

Edited by slasher

23 hours ago, slasher said:

Take the blue tinted specs off Ed. There’s no way at that angle you can say what VAR would have done. You make a fair point about the Livi full back but fail to mention Livi’s disallowed goal, not much wrong from what I could see.

Anyway nothing much new was learned about either side apart from Tillman looking a decent addition and Livi have a new battering ram up front. He chucked Souttar about like a wet rag.

I tuned into the jambos game later and again there’s not much new to report from either side. The jambos look poor without Boyce up front and they’ll miss Sims. I think County could make top 6 if they find a more clinical edge, they should have had the game won by halftime.

Nouble's hardly new, he played for Livi last season after spending the first half of on loan at Abroath.

He is a handful though, and as well as possessing height and strength he can play a bit too. Souttar won't be the only centre-half he torments this season, you can be sure of that.