Green Card -Rugby League but football related - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Green Card -Rugby League but football related

Watching this weekend games I noticed the ref can issue a green card. This is used if the game is stopped for a  period for a player to receive attention.

The ref issues the card if he takes the view that the stoppage was unnecessary. The player is then sin binned for 10 mins. 

Not sure this would work in football but it could be worth a trial. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Watching this weekend games I noticed the ref can issue a green card. This is used if the game is stopped for a  period for a player to receive attention.

The ref issues the card if he takes the view that the stoppage was unnecessary. The player is then sin binned for 10 mins. 

Can't see it working in football, especially scotland. You'd end up with clubs appealing and threatening legal actions they believe their player was genuinely injured..........although the ibrox statements would be hilarious 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

With the paranoia in certain parts of Scottish football I don’t think a green card would go down very well 😜