Women's Euros - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I certainly hope so.

Don't we all! I've really nothing against the women, they've played well, have got strength in depth. I'm not particularly fond of Ellen White and her blatant diving.  Negatively if they win we'll be subjected to it for years to come at every conceivable opportunity. Positively, the England mania may tip another few people into supporting Scottish independence!

England  got the run of the green at times (Germany's leading scorer gets injured in the warm up!) but they played well and have obviously got far greater depth in the squad than most. I'm now waiting for Murdo Fraser to be tweeting his congratulations and accusing the rest of us as being narrow minded bigots.

Edited by Hertsscot

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

England  got the run of the green at times (Germany's leading scorer gets injured in the warm up!) but they played well and have obviously got far greater depth in the squad than most. I'm now waiting for Murdo Fraser to be tweeting his congratulations and accusing the rest of us as being narrow minded bigots.

Nicola Sturgeon already has (and has predictably been told where to stick her congratulations by the kind of jingoistic Twitter arseholes who wouldn't know an English female footballer if she fell their head).

I know she probably feels like she's neutralising a potential line of political attack but she'd have been as well saying nothing.

13 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Nicola Sturgeon already has (and has predictably been told where to stick her congratulations by the kind of jingoistic Twitter arseholes who wouldn't know an English female footballer if she fell their head).

I know she probably feels like she's neutralising a potential line of political attack but she'd have been as well saying nothing.

She's in a no win situation. Whatever she does, someone will have a go at her.   

The thing for us to reflect on is that just three years ago our lasses gave the tiresome Lionesses a good game, but while they've gone on to win this, we've gone into reverse.

Money will pour into the English women's game even more than before  now. Ours is really going to struggle.

And the BBC will love it.

8 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

The thing for us to reflect on is that just three years ago our lasses gave the tiresome Lionesses a good game, but while they've gone on to win this, we've gone into reverse.

Money will pour into the English women's game even more than before  now. Ours is really going to struggle.

And the BBC will love it.

The BBC and Sky will be pouring more money into the English women's game than they will the Scottish men's game soon

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The BBC and Sky will be pouring more money into the English women's game than they will the Scottish men's game soon

I think that's the thing that annoys me most. I've always supported the women's game, the BBC has played (and rightly so) a massive part in promoting the women's game in England but Scottish football is pretty much totally ignored.

8 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

At least most of the Scotland team play for English clubs so we'll see some benefit, for now...

On 8/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, scotlad said:

To give our women's team some credit, they have attackers who player for Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United, whereas our men's team have attackers who play for QPR, Sunderland and Southampton.  🤣

Like our men they do lack a true top goalscorer though. We could do with a few defenders of England's standards as well.