BA useless - help - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BA useless - help

duncan II

Anyone work in the travel industry or a seasoned traveller who knows their rights?

My family and I are in California. On the way out they lost my son's case. We got it back a few days later (damaged) so that was a bad start to the holiday so that's something to claim once we get back.

The more pressing problem is BA have now cancelled our Heathrow Glasgow connection on the way back. Travel agent suggested by email we get a train to Newcastle and try and claim back for that! No chance. Not least that's not even the right country! How is that a logical solution. My wife just got a message from BA now saying we're booked on a Gatwick Newcastle flight without speaking to us. That's not suitable at all.

Is there any pressure we can put on BA to get us back to Glasgow that same day regardless of what provider they have to book us on? That being the case, does anyone have a reliable and workable phone no for BA?

Thanks!

You mentioned a travel agent?

You booked with a travel agent or you booked with BA?

Whoever you booked with, it is their responsibility to look after you. Your contract is with them.

So, if you booked with XYZ travel company, they need to look after you.

If you booked with BA directly, they need to look after you.

In the case of BA, they are obliged to get you back to Glasgow - even it it means you going with another airline

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

You mentioned a travel agent?

You booked with a travel agent or you booked with BA?

Whoever you booked with, it is their responsibility to look after you. Your contract is with them.

So, if you booked with XYZ travel company, they need to look after you.

If you booked with BA directly, they need to look after you.

In the case of BA, they are obliged to get you back to Glasgow - even it it means you going with another airline

Booked with Barrhead Travel but they don't seem that interested. I would have thought they at least should be pressing BA for a suitable solution.

14 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Booked with Barrhead Travel but they don't seem that interested. I would have thought they at least should be pressing BA for a suitable solution.

Okay, so your contract is with Barrhead (and not British Airways).

It is therefore Barrhead's responsibility to take care of you; even if it puts them a little bit out of pocket.

Maybe you can tweet Dean Dunham (he is a consumer rights lawyer and he has a show on LBC once a week).

He talks about things like this most weeks. I'm 99% sure he would say your contract is with Barrhead and they need to take care of you.

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Barrhead should be better that this.

They are ATOL protected (!)

Thanks Rich. We aren't seasoned travelers. This is a trip of a lifetime for a big birthday. Just been stressed from the start! We'll get it sorted.