Kieran Tierney.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kieran Tierney..

Big Ramy 1314

Reading in the record I believe that Arsenal fans are getting fed up with KT. Read quite a few comments and they were saying he is overrated, unreliable and injury prone. Apparantly he has the same injury as Andy Murray, and he can only play a few matches then needs a rest. They even blamed the Scotland national side saying he always comes back from international duty injured. Some want rid of him. Anyone else read this and what are your feelings. I have always disliked Arsenal fans as I find them a shower of moanin faced cunts..

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Reading in the record I believe that Arsenal fans are getting fed up with KT. Read quite a few comments and they were saying he is overrated, unreliable and injury prone. Apparantly he has the same injury as Andy Murray, and he can only play a few matches then needs a rest. They even blamed the Scotland national side saying he always comes back from international duty injured. Some want rid of him. Anyone else read this and what are your feelings. I have always disliked Arsenal fans as I find them a shower of moanin faced cunts..

I'd say it was more a case of them acting bolshe merely because it looks like he is heading for the exit with other bigger clubs sniffing around.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I'd say it was more a case of them acting bolshe merely because it looks like he is heading for the exit with other bigger clubs sniffing around.

Fair enough Craig, cheers. Sour grapes then I suppose. Like I said, I've never Iiked the gunners to begin with..

Guest Scot1

I’ve browsed the Arsenal Forum on occasion and from what I can gather the Arsenal fans are a bit concerned about his injuries. Although personally I’m hoping that he will manage to keep fit consistently going forward. The other complaint I’ve seen is they believe that he has become less effective as an attacking threat. But from what I’ve read the reason for this is that Arsenal have been playing Martinelli in front of Tierney and he isn’t so defensively responsible, thus Tierney isn’t overlapping as frequently for fear of leaving a big hole behind him, so he is concentrating on defending. Apparently when Smith-Rowe plays ahead of Tierney he overlaps more often as Smith Rowe will drop in and cover the space. 
But I think the general consensus is they need another left-back to give cover and competition. 

59 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

I’ve browsed the Arsenal Forum on occasion and from what I can gather the Arsenal fans are a bit concerned about his injuries. Although personally I’m hoping that he will manage to keep fit consistently going forward. The other complaint I’ve seen is they believe that he has become less effective as an attacking threat. But from what I’ve read the reason for this is that Arsenal have been playing Martinelli in front of Tierney and he isn’t so defensively responsible, thus Tierney isn’t overlapping as frequently for fear of leaving a big hole behind him, so he is concentrating on defending. Apparently when Smith-Rowe plays ahead of Tierney he overlaps more often as Smith Rowe will drop in and cover the space. 
But I think the general consensus is they need another left-back to give cover and competition. 

That would seem to make sense, and is reasonable from the Arsenal fans.

Incidentally, i think the same is true with Robertson getting forward less when he plays with Diaz in front of him compared to Mane.

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

To be fair though, and this IS concerning, KT does have injury issues. I have no idea whaT Andy Murray has, but KT seems to have these issues. I just hope he does not carry this through his entire career as he works his socks off and is very important to Scotland. He is a very physical player aswell, so he won't hold back when he is on the park... 

It was Celtic that just about ended his career at one point, as they completely over played him when they were going for the trebles etc (mickey mouse trophies)he said himself he thoughts he might have to quit at one point. Am fairly sure that’s why he is so injury prone now.

1 minute ago, JECK said:

It was Celtic that just about ended his career at one point, as they completely over played him when they were going for the trebles etc (mickey mouse trophies)he said himself he thoughts he might have to quit at one point. Am fairly sure that’s why he is so injury prone now.

Neil Lennon insisted that Tierney have weekly painkilling injections instead of getting an immediate operation to fix a chronic hip problem. Fucking lunacy.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Neil Lennon insisted that Tierney have weekly painkilling injections instead of getting an immediate operation to fix a chronic hip problem. Fucking lunacy.

Aye, would have the usual “you must run through brick walls for this club” or words to that affect, drummed into him.  2 sh*t teams obsessed with being on top when they are up against relative dross 90% of the time  

15 minutes ago, JECK said:

Aye, would have the usual “you must run through brick walls for this club” or words to that affect, drummed into him.  2 sh*t teams obsessed with being on top when they are up against relative dross 90% of the time  

Absolutely. Celtic could have played their reserve left-back and still won the title. In fact, they could have played their reserve team and more often than not stil beaten most teams in the league.

48 minutes ago, JECK said:

Here we fuckin go again.. I hear KTs girlfriend has a hamstring injury. That must be Celtics fault anaw.. Mickey Mouse trebles? The hatred for Celtic FC, and the jealousy just oozes out this board at times.. HH to The Champions..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Here we fuckin go again.. I hear KTs girlfriend has a hamstring injury. That must be Celtics fault anaw.. Mickey Mouse trebles? The hatred for Celtic FC, and the jealousy just oozes out this board at times.. HH to The Champions..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊

In fairness I think the blame lies with Lennon rather than the club as a whole.  KT is a great footballer but he does appear susceptible to injury and that's what worries Arsenal fans.  From a Scotland point of view Clarke must have a plan B in place so that we can operate without him.  

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

In fairness I think the blame lies with Lennon rather than the club as a whole.  KT is a great footballer but he does appear susceptible to injury and that's what worries Arsenal fans.  From a Scotland point of view Clarke must have a plan B in place so that we can operate without him.  

Lennon is a dick!! Celtic legend, but still a dick!!🙂

12 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Reading in the record I believe that Arsenal fans are getting fed up with KT. Read quite a few comments and they were saying he is overrated, unreliable and injury prone. Apparantly he has the same injury as Andy Murray, and he can only play a few matches then needs a rest. They even blamed the Scotland national side saying he always comes back from international duty injured. Some want rid of him. Anyone else read this and what are your feelings. I have always disliked Arsenal fans as I find them a shower of moanin faced cunts.

Hope to God he doesn't have the same injury as Andy Murray. He has a metal hip. It's a miracle he is able to even compete at the level he is playing at. 

51 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Hope to God he doesn't have the same injury as Andy Murray. He has a metal hip. It's a miracle he is able to even compete at the level he is playing at. 

Well that's good news. Just reading on an Arsenal forum.. I know KT has no artificial hip thank fuck..

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Absolutely. Celtic could have played their reserve left-back and still won the title. In fact, they could have played their reserve team and more often than not stil beaten most teams in the league.

Could probably have played me and beaten Brechin City in the cup that was the one that got to me. 

Edited by ceudmilefailte

5 hours ago, JECK said:

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Doesn't matter what some preppy upper middle class teenager in the Home Counties thinks of Tierney.

It matters what Mikel Arteta thinks of Tierney, and he loves him by all accounts !

4 hours ago, scotlad said:

And since Tierney is a celtic fanatic I doubt Tierney would want to say no to Lennon and celtic. 

Such a shame one of best talents in years has been so badly managed.

Edited by vanderark14

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thought you were of the booze and Ramy or are you getting in full victim mode before the season starts

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Thought you were of the booze and Ramy or are you getting in full victim mode before the season starts

I am off the booze, and loving it, lost stone and a half in 4 month since I quit. That's just me being me, just less swearing cuz I'm aff the sauce. I'm still the same annoying prick sober mate..🤣

24 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Tierney is a cracking player, no doubt, and is the first name on the Scotland team sheet for me when he's fit but I can't help but feel this talk of Real Madrid being in for him is somewhat fanciful.

KT is a strong argument for the ethics of human cloning. Though it would probably make life awkward for commentators!

This thread is full of utter nonsense. KT’s current and recent injuries are nothing to do with mismanagement or a chronic hip problem. He’s most likely to be susceptible to injury from time to time due to his running/ playing style and his build, Phil O’Donnell was similarly afflicted. Celtic managed his problem until it reached the point where he needed surgery which is always a last resort with these types of things. 
Im not one for defending Neil Lennon but to blame him for mismanaging the boy is ridiculous. Maybe have a look at what his issues have been before spouting garbage.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

This thread is full of utter nonsense. KT’s current and recent injuries are nothing to do with mismanagement or a chronic hip problem. He’s most likely to be susceptible to injury from time to time due to his running/ playing style and his build, Phil O’Donnell was similarly afflicted. Celtic managed his problem until it reached the point where he needed surgery which is always a last resort with these types of things. 
Im not one for defending Neil Lennon but to blame him for mismanaging the boy is ridiculous. Maybe have a look at what his issues have been before spouting garbage.

I'd agree with that. I think some folk on here are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

He was that badly mismanaged that he was sold for £25m and passed medicals. If there was any shred of truth in him being mismanaged then Arsenal would have went nowhere near him. 

Some players just get more injury issues than others. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd agree with that. I think some folk on here are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

He was that badly mismanaged that he was sold for £25m and passed medicals. If there was any shred of truth in him being mismanaged then Arsenal would have went nowhere near him. 

Some players just get more injury issues than others. 

Great point..👍