Hip replacement. - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hip replacement.

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

There is a gay couple in my neighbourhood who wear their socks and shorts combo exactly like that with socks pulled up to the knees. I started to wonder if it was the wider fashion now. 😀

Maybe they’ve just had their hips done too? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Know what, it’s been a shite week (I know there are more important things going on elsewhere), but it’s been a struggle. However, I finally managed to do a jobby after six days and I managed to shower myself this morning and every day things do get a wee bit easier! Wound gets checked tomorrow so hopefully it’s healing well. Bruise is a cracker too! 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six days… brutal. You’d need child bearing hips to birth that at the best of times. Well done. I was going to say as long as you can wipe your own arse it could be a lot worse.

it is actually amazing how mobile you are considering they replaced a hip. I wish you a speedy recovery, gay socks and all. 

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Maybe they’ve just had their hips done too? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Know what, it’s been a shite week (I know there are more important things going on elsewhere), but it’s been a struggle. However, I finally managed to do a jobby after six days and I managed to shower myself this morning and every day things do get a wee bit easier! Wound gets checked tomorrow so hopefully it’s healing well. Bruise is a cracker too! 👍🏼

😂😂😂 Know the feeling with the jobby, I was a solid 7 days and it was a tremendous relief 😂

Try and balance your painkillers with jobby friendly food and some sennakot if needed. 

28 minutes ago, Kirk said:

😂😂😂 Know the feeling with the jobby, I was a solid 7 days and it was a tremendous relief 😂

Try and balance your painkillers with jobby friendly food and some sennakot if needed. 

Seven days beats my record then! 😆

I just started drinking the laxative the hospital gave me on leaving. Did the trick same day 👍🏼

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Seven days beats my record then! 😆

I just started drinking the laxative the hospital gave me on leaving. Did the trick same day 👍🏼

Haha I'd rather not have the record.

I was drinking that too but still took a few days to get things going 🙈

Guy that was in the bed next to me had to get the old water skoosh 😂 thankfully that was before I was there.

6 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Yes! You think I’m wearing those out of choice?!? 🙈

Six weeks I’m meant to wear them. 
To be honest what bothered me more was the shan M&S slip-on trainers I had to buy due to not being able to bend down to tie laces for those six weeks 😩

Probably still better than that shite Nikes you insist on buying 😂😂

This morning I needed to visit the nurse at my GP for a ‘wound check’. Now, despite a fairly traumatic experience getting my hip ripped out last week, the 10 mins it took the nurse to remove the ‘bonded, highly water-proof’ dressing which had the added bonding strength of a solidified scab, was easily the worst 10 mins of this whole experience 😩

However everything is looking in great condition and the scar will be a very fine reminder. She said the wound will heal well due to the exceptional job the surgeon did 👍🏼

A2C996B7-0A01-44F5-853A-0BCB99A83FE8.jpeg

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Probably still better than that shite Nikes you insist on buying 😂😂

The Nike Air Max designed for 14 year olds that you keep bringing up?

Good, bring them on! As I currently feel 85 the mental imbalance of wearing wee laddies trainers will balance things out 😆

The Nike Air Max designed for 14 year olds that you keep bringing up?

Good, bring them on! As I currently feel 85 the mental imbalance of wearing wee laddies trainers will balance things out 😆

That’s the ones 😂😂😂

The bairn has been asked early this year from his mum what he wants for Xmas. 

When it got to trainers, she never expected the response of “the kind that Chris, his pals and all the casuals wear” 🙈😂

Edited by dandydunn

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That’s the ones 😂😂😂

The bairn has been asked early this year from his mum what he wants for Xmas. 

When it got to trainers, she never expected the response of “the kind that Chris, his pals and all the casuals wear” 🙈😂

Sounds like a right wee hooligan. Probably the type who would happily batter a middle aged guy on crutches, a la Big Dunc. 

Noted. 

18 hours ago, McTeeko said:

This morning I needed to visit the nurse at my GP for a ‘wound check’. Now, despite a fairly traumatic experience getting my hip ripped out last week, the 10 mins it took the nurse to remove the ‘bonded, highly water-proof’ dressing which had the added bonding strength of a solidified scab, was easily the worst 10 mins of this whole experience 😩

However everything is looking in great condition and the scar will be a very fine reminder. She said the wound will heal well due to the exceptional job the surgeon did 👍🏼

A2C996B7-0A01-44F5-853A-0BCB99A83FE8.jpeg

When I first saw this I thought we were going to post infected wound stories next, gutted 😂

Sorry im all over this post 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

When I first saw this I thought we were going to post infected wound stories next, gutted 😂

Sorry im all over this post 😂😂😂

Well, if that’s your thing……

19 years ago I had an accident at work where I ripped my ring finger off on my right hand. Right down to the first knuckle (knuckle nearest the hand which I assume is the ‘first’?). Anyway, nothing they could do to save it so they gave me a procedure called a ‘pedicled groin flap’ (google it). Basically they stitched the stump of the mangled hand into my groin to let the skin there join to the stump. After three weeks they’d then separate it and remould that excess skin into what looks like a half finger so that when I at least make a fist the hand looks normal. A cosmetic procedure, nothing more. However during those three weeks I was getting serious wafts of an unbelievable stink every now and again. Now, as my hand was stitched about three inches away from my knob, it was difficult to get a proper look or sniff to see what the exact issues were. Turns out there was an infection so had to go get it cleaned out and put on antibiotics. 

However that didn’t really bother me too much. What DID bother me was my hand being stitched down into my groin, below the waistline for three weeks while I attempted to walk around Tesco with my then three year old daughter with my hand literally right next to my cock like an ultimate, unashamed paedo! Some of the looks I got were mental! 😆

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

However that didn’t really bother me too much. What DID bother me was my hand being stitched down into my groin, below the waistline for three weeks while I attempted to walk around Tesco with my then three year old daughter with my hand literally right next to my cock like an ultimate, unashamed paedo! Some of the looks I got were mental! 😆

Wow modern medicine... Just as well you didn't have to wear the orthopedic socks as well, you'd probably have been lynched.

5 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Well, if that’s your thing……

19 years ago I had an accident at work where I ripped my ring finger off on my right hand. Right down to the first knuckle (knuckle nearest the hand which I assume is the ‘first’?). Anyway, nothing they could do to save it so they gave me a procedure called a ‘pedicled groin flap’ (google it). Basically they stitched the stump of the mangled hand into my groin to let the skin there join to the stump. After three weeks they’d then separate it and remould that excess skin into what looks like a half finger so that when I at least make a fist the hand looks normal. A cosmetic procedure, nothing more. However during those three weeks I was getting serious wafts of an unbelievable stink every now and again. Now, as my hand was stitched about three inches away from my knob, it was difficult to get a proper look or sniff to see what the exact issues were. Turns out there was an infection so had to go get it cleaned out and put on antibiotics. 

Jesus that's quite the story 😂

That last bit had me in stitches 😂😂

I got a really badly infected blister from the backslab I had on in the hosp whilst waiting on my operation. Tried to tell them it was too tight at the heal, took 2 days and me basically crying in agony for them to cut the heel out and find said blister. It then got infected a week later and was the size of my whole heel plus up my ankle a wee bit. Been some great fun.

On the fingers, I actually crushed my hand about this time last year and the top half of my pinky was hanging off, had an operation and they saved it and I had a wire sticking out for 4 weeks. Fucked my middle finger too at the same time, it's not a bit lumpy where the bone was crushed at the nuckle. Had a bit gash on it could see the tendons etc again was lucky not to cut through them. 

Been a good year really 

You seriously couldn’t make this shit up! As if me hobbling about on crutches the now isn’t bad enough……..

Suspected broken leg playing fitba at break so away into hospital for an X-ray 😩🩼

D8E58122-E4DC-4DC7-88DF-5ADE27CF365B.jpeg

5 hours ago, McTeeko said:

You seriously couldn’t make this shit up! As if me hobbling about on crutches the now isn’t bad enough……..

Suspected broken leg playing fitba at break so away into hospital for an X-ray 😩🩼

D8E58122-E4DC-4DC7-88DF-5ADE27CF365B.jpeg

Awww hope the wee man is ok 🙈 at least wee folk heal quickly. 

Your wife will be delighted 🙈

29 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Awww hope the wee man is ok 🙈 at least wee folk heal quickly. 

Your wife will be delighted 🙈

No break, badly bruised muscle. 
He’s stoating about the house on my crutches now, the wee radge. 

No break, badly bruised muscle. 
He’s stoating about the house on my crutches now, the wee radge. 

That's good news, haha I'm sure he needs a day or 2 off school too 😂

• 1 year later...
On 11/23/2023 at 6:10 PM, ChrisPro said:

Finally got my hip replacement last Thursday. Had my wound checked and dressing replaced today and everything seems to be going ok so far. Target is to be fit to go to Germany in June. How you doing Mcteeko a year down the line? 

cheers

Chris

Good to hear you’ve been though your op. It’s honestly worth the 4-6 weeks hassle post-op. You’ll be back to normal no long after new year. The video below was me exactly three months after my operation
My new hip is fantastic. Think because I was ‘young’ when I had it (46) I recovered pretty fast. 

The only thing is, now that my left hip is completely pain free I can now feel the right one on it’s way out…..

Edited by McTeeko

13 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Good to hear you’ve been though your op. It’s honestly worth the 4-6 weeks hassle post-op. You’ll be back to normal no long after new year. The video below was me exactly three months after my operation
My new hip is fantastic. Think because I was ‘young’ when I had it (46) I recovered pretty fast. 

The only thing is, now that my left hip is completely pain free I can now feel the right one on it’s way out…..

Ha ha that’s quality. It’s my left hip and I’m left footed but it’ll be a while before I’m trying that 😂. Still bruised and swollen but feel I can put more weight on it each day. I’m only 49 so hopefully my recovery will be pretty quick too. The worst thing at the moment is trying to get to sleep on my back at night. I know what you mean about the other hip. My surgeon says I’ll get about another 2 years out of mine.