Hip replacement. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hip replacement.

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Did the dog get dizzy with you walking in circles with your half leg?

After seeing the X-ray , it looks like that’s not the only bit they took an inch or two off of 😂😂😂

No idea what you’re on about……🤷🏻‍♂️

A2669F74-A57F-4370-ADF4-4FFF7BF04702.jpeg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/24/2022 at 4:05 AM, McTeeko said:

Likewise Kirk, good luck to you too!

How’d you break your tibia/knee? 😳

I had a good day at hospital on Friday so they were happy to sign me out. Finding it difficult at home though, obviously everything you need isn’t as accessible at home. Took a wee whitey at 3:30am while going to the toilet. Had to shout on my wife as I felt I was going to faint. Should’ve had another night in the hospital 😰

Was playing 5s but taking my turn in goals, just a freak one. Hospital said it's not a football injury at all.

Guy was running through, I came to edge of box, my defender nudged him and he tripped and fell full weight onto my planted leg, was fucking agony 😂

Got carried to my van and a lift home and had dinner before going to A&E though. Good decision we were about 7.5 hours before I made it up to the ward at 3.30am or something. 2 night stay before the operation. Morphine on tap was lovely though haha.

Aye sometimes it just creeps up on you being dizzy and that. I was on so many drugs when I first got home. Take it easy, I had a fall the first day I got home 🙈

On 9/24/2022 at 11:09 AM, TDYER63 said:

Good luck to both of you for a speedy recovery, though I could have done without a close up picture of your crotch at breakfast McTeeko 😁

Thanks 

I`m similar to yourself.48 and have severe arthritis.Diagnosed moderate 5 years ago but told too young and wouldn`t feel the benefit back then.Have an appointment to see the surgeon in November.Not really in a position to go private. Pain wise its not too bad but have very limited range of movement on that side.Can`t bend to put a sock on or tie a shoelace. My leg is about an inch shorter than the good one, so surely they couldn`t make it any worse lol

9 minutes ago, ChrisPro said:

I`m similar to yourself.48 and have severe arthritis.Diagnosed moderate 5 years ago but told too young and wouldn`t feel the benefit back then.Have an appointment to see the surgeon in November.Not really in a position to go private. Pain wise its not too bad but have very limited range of movement on that side.Can`t bend to put a sock on or tie a shoelace. My leg is about an inch shorter than the good one, so surely they couldn`t make it any worse lol

McTeeko must have gone private to get his middle leg done too. 😁

10 minutes ago, ChrisPro said:

Sounds very similar to what I was going through. The major thing for me though was the broken sleep, waking up in pain and having to let the painkillers kick in before getting back to sleep. No good at all that. 

The timings worked well for me too as I’ve volunteered for redundancy from work so the cash is there enabling me to go private. I didn’t want to put it off for a year or two, start a new job then hit any new employer with me going off sick long term. 

Was beginning to struggle with sleep at the beginning of the year but GP prescribed some strong anti inflammatories which have allowed me to get a decent nights sleep again. I work early shifts so it has kind of eased off by the time I go to bed. I find it’s also a mental thing as it’s constantly on my mind all day. Every step is painful although not excruciating. Glad you got yourself sorted and I hope you go from strength to strength. Keep posting on your progress if you don’t mind 

9 minutes ago, ChrisPro said:

Was beginning to struggle with sleep at the beginning of the year but GP prescribed some strong anti inflammatories which have allowed me to get a decent nights sleep again. I work early shifts so it has kind of eased off by the time I go to bed. I find it’s also a mental thing as it’s constantly on my mind all day. Every step is painful although not excruciating. Glad you got yourself sorted and I hope you go from strength to strength. Keep posting on your progress if you don’t mind 

Thanks, appreciated 👍🏼

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Aye!

Say hi next time you see me hobbling through. 
You know about the Dads and Lad’s football that has been a thing over the last few years in Maggie’s? It’s me who arranges that. Just an old school, Sunday morning jumpers for goalposts game with loads of Dads from Corstorphine and their laddies (primary school age) in the school holidays. Never played this year though as I couldn’t play for the reasons in this thread. Hopefully get it back in the Easter hols 👍🏼

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Say hi next time you see me hobbling through. 
You know about the Dads and Lad’s football that has been a thing over the last few years in Maggie’s? It’s me who arranges that. Just an old school, Sunday morning jumpers for goalposts game with loads of Dads from Corstorphine and their laddies (primary school age) in the school holidays. Never played this year though as I couldn’t play for the reasons in this thread. Hopefully get it back in the Easter hols 👍🏼

yeah, i will do.  Well done on organising that… thats great.  My kids are grown up now so wpnt be for them but will give you a shout.

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

Are those orthopaedic socks? 

Yes! You think I’m wearing those out of choice?!? 🙈

Six weeks I’m meant to wear them. 
To be honest what bothered me more was the shan M&S slip-on trainers I had to buy due to not being able to bend down to tie laces for those six weeks 😩

13 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Yes! You think I’m wearing those out of choice?!? 🙈

Six weeks I’m meant to wear them. 
To be honest what bothered me more was the shan M&S slip-on trainers I had to buy due to not being able to bend down to tie laces for those six weeks 😩

There is a gay couple in my neighbourhood who wear their socks and shorts combo exactly like that with socks pulled up to the knees. I started to wonder if it was the wider fashion now. 😀