Glastonbury Festival - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

59 minutes ago, stocky said:

I'm there the noo.

With the wife and bairns.👍😎🤘🤘☀️

Pure roastin yesterday.

Looking forward to McCartney, Peat and Diesel,and the pet shop boys.....

Enjoy @stocky, my son is nearly 17 & I always said we'd all go again one day. I have friend who's paly with Emily Eavis so he said he should be able to get us tickets. Maybe next year

I went in 98 and it pished down for 3 days straight (and I mean pished down).  The site was like a quagmire and walking anywhere took ages as the mud was up to our shins. 

The band I most wanted to see was James and they very kindly decided to cut their set short so the crowd (and they) could watch England v Colombia in the World Cup so that was fun...... 

Got back to the tent on the Friday night/Saturday morning to discover it had been robbed and all of our rucksacks and sleeping bags had been nicked.  We were literally left with the clothes we had on our backs.  Long story but we couldn't get replacement sleeping bags (it was either fork out for new sleeping bags or have beer money the rest of the weekend...) so we spent the next 3 nights wrapping ourselves (and our mud caked clothes) in black bin liners and those reflective blankets marathon runners get to try and keep warm during the night.  We may have also spooned.

The mud was that bad and the ground that wet that other than when we were in our tents there was only one time the rest of the weekend we weren't on our feet.  It was an absolute grind, utterly exhausting and one of the best weekends of my life!

45 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I went in 98 and it pished down for 3 days straight (and I mean pished down).  The site was like a quagmire and walking anywhere took ages as the mud was up to our shins. 

The band I most wanted to see was James and they very kindly decided to cut their set short so the crowd (and they) could watch England v Colombia in the World Cup so that was fun...... 

Got back to the tent on the Friday night/Saturday morning to discover it had been robbed and all of our rucksacks and sleeping bags had been nicked.  We were literally left with the clothes we had on our backs.  Long story but we couldn't get replacement sleeping bags (it was either fork out for new sleeping bags or have beer money the rest of the weekend...) so we spent the next 3 nights wrapping ourselves (and our mud caked clothes) in black bin liners and those reflective blankets marathon runners get to try and keep warm during the night.  We may have also spooned.

The mud was that bad and the ground that wet that other than when we were in our tents there was only one time the rest of the weekend we weren't on our feet.  It was an absolute grind, utterly exhausting and one of the best weekends of my life!

😂😂

I've only ever been to Glastonbury town, went there one afternoon back in the 80s when I was still getting taken on holiday by my folks, but I thought it was the coolest place.

Following that I made tentative plans with some mates to go down to it in 1989, mainly to see The Pixies, but it never came to pass for whatever reason (probably financial).

Prefer my festivals to be a bit smaller tbh. Especially if you can return to a proper bed in the evening 😴

Edited by Toepoke

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Prefer my festivals to be a bit smaller tbh. Especially if you can return to a proper bed in the evening 😴

There are loads of holiday lets around Pilton these days where you can stroll back to your accommodation in about 20-30 mins.

Agreed, the town itself in great. A stroll up the Tor at sunset is a fine way to end a day.

Edited by scottincarlisle

It is pretty big, so far we have averaged 9 miles a Day just stoatin about from stage to stage, from place to place, been here, 3 days.

Movie theaters, circus tents, kids areas,a drive in theater with 50 old cars parked up that you just sit in and watch a movie. Trapeze, acrobats, street theatre, political talks, music, music and More music, they Even have the dodgems this year ..

and we still haven't seen it all.

The coop at the festival is bigger than the one in oor village....

But glasto is phukkin awesome.

We also have a comfy campervan to head back too, I'm there now, but the place is still jumping....

Not one spot if bother witnessed anywhere. 

You can take your own drink in, (not bottles), plenty of bars , street food stalls from all over 

it's not possible to see and do everything...

McCartney tomorrow will be awesome, heard he did a warm up show in a wee bar in Frome earlier today...

Edited by stocky
Spelling

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

Self esteem was decent …….. something on the stage about men being terrified of deranged woman women ……. stating the obvious there luv!

Never seen that, was thinking those nipples can't be real