The Lost Final - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Lost Final

daviebee

This should be a good watch on Sunday night - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52439322

I remember seeing the team do a lap of honour at half-time in the first game after the Spain WC, against East Germany I think.  Pretty sure I heard it mentioned that footage had been found from the tournament.  Certainly hope so as Nevin's goal was meant to be something else.

Excellent documentary.

Great achievement. Especially given that Gunn, Cooper, Black, McPherson, Davies and Black were all unavailable due to the Scottish Cup Final.

I think Roxburgh qualifying us for Euro 92 when only 8 teams got to the finals is also a much overlooked achievement 5 of the players from the 82 squad made those finals.

49 minutes ago, Judith said:

Excellent documentary.

Great achievement. Especially given that Gunn, Cooper, Black, McPherson, Davies and Black were all unavailable due to the Scottish Cup Final.

I think Roxburgh qualifying us for Euro 92 when only 8 teams got to the finals is also a much overlooked achievement 5 of the players from the 82 squad made those finals.

You're right, getting to euro 92 was quite an achievement but if I remember rightly we had a few results go our way in that campaign.  Seem to remember being resigned to another non qualification only to hear on the radio (who!) that Bulgaria had beaten Romania, giving us top spot and qualification!  A really bizarre feeling having accepted we were out 😁

9 hours ago, todd said:

Seem to remember being resigned to another non qualification only to hear on the radio (who!) that Bulgaria had beaten Romania, giving us top spot and qualification!  A really bizarre feeling having accepted we were out 😁

Spare a thought for those of us who were following that game on Ceefax! 

(It was 1-1 btw. Romania needed to win 2-0 to pip us on goal difference).

Edited by Toepoke

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Some great nights watching Scotland on Ceefax, missed that one though 

The Horse racing coverage was pretty good too. 

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

😆  And wasn't the other channels one called Teletext?  Good times!